Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: OpenGL Renderer

Post by Jaedar »

Doesn't HDTP and NV work without the OpenGL renderer?

Either way, it is probably due to your graphics card not supporting OpenGL properly. Try updating the drivers.

Oh and welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll fit right in.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

If you don't have the OpenGL renderer (or the D3D versions also available from chris dohnal's site), you will still see everything, but textures will be clamped at 256x256, so all the nice high res (some are 1024^2 or more) textures will just use the highest displayable mipmaps instead.

Sounds like it _is_ a renderer problem, but it might be worth checking if you have the same problems in normal (non HDTP) DX using these renderers.
PrimusPilus
Mole Person

Post by PrimusPilus »

Jaedar wrote:Doesn't HDTP and NV work without the OpenGL renderer?

Either way, it is probably due to your graphics card not supporting OpenGL properly. Try updating the drivers.

Oh and welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll fit right in.
I wa hoping it wasn't my graphics card. It is older, but OpenGL support is there along with shader2.0 and the rest of the required specs. Drivers are always updated.

With fiddling, I did manage to get the DirectX renderer working, however, since Deus Ex is optimized for OpenGL, I was hoping to get it working. Oh well, looks like I'm stuck.

Thanks for the response.
PrimusPilus
Mole Person

Post by PrimusPilus »

DDL wrote:Sounds like it _is_ a renderer problem, but it might be worth checking if you have the same problems in normal (non HDTP) DX using these renderers.
It is most definately a renderer isuue. If you double check the original post, I came to the conclusion it was the renderer after doing a clean install of Deus Ex and then adding the renderer only.
GasSnake
Mole Person

Post by GasSnake »

Hey this may seem stupid, but when I use the OpenGL driver with the recommended settings, the game runs a lot slower, I don't think it is my card since I run a lot of OpenGL games with no issues so I think it may be the settings are set too high for my poor card.
I have a Nvidia Geforce 6200 which is a bit old and I need someone to either give me a good low spec conf or tell me which settings would tax my card since they all don't make sense to me.

also I tried searching about this on the forum but turned up nothing so sorry if this has already been adressed.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

GasSnake wrote:Hey this may seem stupid, but when I use the OpenGL driver with the recommended settings, the game runs a lot slower, I don't think it is my card since I run a lot of OpenGL games with no issues so I think it may be the settings are set too high for my poor card.
I have a Nvidia Geforce 6200 which is a bit old and I need someone to either give me a good low spec conf or tell me which settings would tax my card since they all don't make sense to me.

also I tried searching about this on the forum but turned up nothing so sorry if this has already been adressed.
I can try to throw together a config. That is a lower end card of that generation, but before I try anything do you have fairly updated drivers for the card, that might have the potential to send some issues. I dont think you should be having problems though since I can max out the opengl settings other than AA with ancient intel integrated graphics.

Would you mind posting the setting list that you are using, I might be able to find some tweaks that would help.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
GasSnake
Mole Person

Post by GasSnake »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:I can try to throw together a config. That is a lower end card of that generation, but before I try anything do you have fairly updated drivers for the card, that might have the potential to send some issues. I dont think you should be having problems though since I can max out the opengl settings other than AA with ancient intel integrated graphics.

Would you mind posting the setting list that you are using, I might be able to find some tweaks that would help.
I have the latest nvidia drivers and the config that I am using is the default settings for opengl that TNM installs with, which I also think is the one posted on the first page of this thread.
Orboscope
Mole Person

Post by Orboscope »

Hi
I downloaded the OpenGLrenderer for Deusex here http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/ and put the file in my systemfolder to replace the old one, is that it allready? Honestly im not shure if I see any difference and im using some 1024x1024 textures in one of my maps. I cant choose any new devices or anything in the settings and i have no idea where I would find the settings for the OpenGLrenderer. I hope someone has the patience to explain me in detail how to get this thing working.
DDL

Post by DDL »

If you're running in openGL mode, you're using the new renderer.

You should have that selected in your options>>renderer choice, but if it's not displaying even if you select "display all devices", then you can just do it manually via your deusex.ini.
Orboscope
Mole Person

Post by Orboscope »

Thanks doc.
It worked so far but now i've got the game-running-to-fast problem. Anyway, as I started to read trough this thread I saw that the new renderer probably won't make a difference if you have a modern grapiccard. Is that the conclusion so far? If thats so then im better off using the standard one.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Link on first page is Dead.
Can anyone point me to the website where all the new renderers can be downloaded please? :mrgreen:

Last Hard Drive died on me, I've lost all my data and such.

EDIT: Found the one I was looking for. Sorry :mrgreen:

http://kentie.net/
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
SolidSnakePlissken
Mole Person

Post by SolidSnakePlissken »

Is there an enbseries for OpenGL? I have it working with DX3D9, but not OpenGL. I read that it exists, but I can't find it here http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/ or here http://www.enbdev.com/download_mod_deusex.htm so did a third party make it work and it's unofficial and that's why I can't find it or am I misinformed?

Also is there an enbseries for DX3D10?

I been on the DXD39 boat for to long. So I am thinking of converting...
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Here is ENBSeries for Open GL: http://enbdev-ogl.webs.com/
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
SolidSnakePlissken
Mole Person

Post by SolidSnakePlissken »

Any chance you could help me fix the textures with this thing? I read the instructions and followed them exactly

Installation:
1. Install ENBSeries into any game as usual.
2. Install the ENB-OGL D3D9 or D3D8 files over the top of that.
3. Done!

I don't want to overwrite enbseries.ini:
1. Install ENBSeries into any game as usual.
2. Install the ENB-OGL D3D9 or D3D8 files over the top of that, but don't copy enbseries.ini.
3. Open your enbseries.ini and add\edit the following for D3D9:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=0
ProxyLibrary=d3d8_gl.dll

4. Or this for D3D8:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d8_gl.dll

glitched textures:

1. Open enbseries.ini

2. Look for this:

EnableShadow=1

3. Change it to this:

EnableShadow=0

Didn't fix the textures

4. Also try disabling other effects.

Didn't fix the textures...

So can anyone who has had this problem and fixed it could post or pm me there the text/setting to enbseries.ini?

P.S. I am running the latest HDTP Beta, New Vision, Revision, Shifter, and gore mod.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Just so you know, the Gore mod and Shifter aren't compatible.

Also, don't see the appeal of using ENB in the first place, just makes everything look like plastic. Also, what's wrong with the D3D9 ENBseries? That's already set up and working with DX when you download it, if I recall correctly.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.