Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Xesum
Illuminati

Re: New Download

Post by Xesum »

chris the cynic wrote:Echo is the disembodied nymph. Why would there be a disembodied nymph other than Echo? Even if there was one, that would be a "she" instead of an "it" because nymphs are female.
Ah yes I recall Age of Mythology and the Nymphs.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

chris the cynic wrote:
Xesum wrote:Well it might kill her before she gets back to us!
You've lost me. Totally and completely. What it? The reason? A reason is just a concept, unlikely to kill anyone outside of the more absurd works of Lovecraftian horror.

Did you mean, "Well she [Echo] might kill her [Jane_Denton] before she [Jane_Denton] gets back to us!"? Wouldn't that be a little out of character for Echo?
Geeezzzz I leave for an hour and come back and now people wanna kill me! Where's the love!? :shock:

Also whenever I say "Do I hear an echo?" it refers to yeah I've already mentioned that very same thing! It's a common retort here where I live... must not be translating across borders!? :-k

Overall... I'm just entirely confused now with reading what you guys are writing... :? So I'll just smile and nodd and back away slowly! :lol:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jane_Denton wrote:Also whenever I say "Do I hear an echo?" it refers to yeah I've already mentioned that very same thing! It's a common retort here where I live... must not be translating across borders!? :-k
Sure it does, but you aren't exactly the first person ever to say it, know what I mean? You come across a little smug.
Overall... I'm just entirely confused now with reading what you guys are writing... :? So I'll just smile and nodd and back away slowly! :lol:
That's because both of them are playing dumb in an attempt to confuse each other, and it's resulting in a steadily escalating level of general stupidity and uselessness.

Damn these forums are pissing me off today.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Jonas wrote:You come across a little smug.
Hmmm coming across as smug isn't pleasant, not my intention at all! :cry: I don't consider myself like that at all... I wonder how I could correct that?! :-k My one liners were more in the spirit of a poke... or in jest...
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Jane_Denton wrote:Overall... I'm just entirely confused now with reading what you guys are writing... :? So I'll just smile and nodd and back away slowly! :lol:
The word echo comes from the name Echo which belongs to a disembodied nymph who repeats what people say thus creating echoes. If you are hearing echoes a lot, and it isn't a problem with your hearing (or being in a very echoy place) it could be an indication that a certain disembodied nymph is following you around. If that is the case that certainly warrants further investigation.

As for what Xesum is going on about, I have no idea.

-

Also, I did realize that was what you meant.

[Added:] Actually Jonas, I really had no idea what Xesum was talking about. It sort of became clearer, but still not actually clear, in the last post.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

chris the cynic wrote: As for what Xesum is going on about, I have no idea.
I suffer from what Ghand has.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jane_Denton wrote:Hmmm coming across as smug isn't pleasant, not my intention at all! :cry: I don't consider myself like that at all... I wonder how I could correct that?! :-k My one liners were more in the spirit of a poke... or in jest...
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I seem to be fairly grumpy today.
Xesum wrote:I suffer from what Ghand has.
Must be a particularly unfunny strain of what Ghand has then.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Jonas - please don't be grumpy - that was a little unfair on Jane imo.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:
Jane_Denton wrote:Hmmm coming across as smug isn't pleasant, not my intention at all! :cry: I don't consider myself like that at all... I wonder how I could correct that?! :-k My one liners were more in the spirit of a poke... or in jest...
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I seem to be fairly grumpy today.
Xesum wrote:I suffer from what Ghand has.
Must be a particularly unfunny strain of what Ghand has then.
Ghanditus?
SHodges
Thug

Post by SHodges »

Jonas wrote:
SHodges wrote:It's a hoax, like that Team Gizka crap. That demo release is probably the last release you'll ever see.
I have an idea. Donate £40,000 to Metche and DDL so they can quit their day jobs and work full time on HDTP for the next half year! It's the most fool-proof plan ever! HDTP gets finished, DDL and Metche get to keep paying rent, and we won't have to listen to your stupid entitled crap anymore, all for the price of those £40k I'm sure you're just itching to get rid of anyway! :mrgreen:
Lol, I'm sure you actually buy into this logical abortion too. Here's the thing, your bullshit about how you aren't obligated to do shit is exactly that, bullshit. If a group of people gets together and says "we're going to do this", does interviews about it, releases photoshopped screenshots, puts up a website for it, and talks about how much progress they've been making for the past half a decade...they're expected to do it. Surprise! It's shocking, I know. You place the expectations on yourselves every time you show up to try and fish for praise by bragging about your phantom texture project.

And why the hell would I pay "£40k" for a group of people that can't manage to do a texture pack after years and years of promoting circle jerking amongst their fanbase in favor of actually doing something? Why the hell would I pay £1 for Anna Navarre cleavage? People only donate to mod projects that have actually done something in the last few years, and they usually only donate to them when they don't appear to use the services of texture artists at the cusp of puberty.

But it's all ok, right? The Nameless Mod came out! lol
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

Personally, I agree with SHodges that real world commitments should not get in the way of online diversions. When you announce something on the Internet, you're expected to see it to the end come hell or highwater to satisfy every edgy pessimist with a sense of entitlement. You're not being paid and neither do you stand to gain anything material, but you damn well better bust your ass for these wonderful ingrates and put up with their insults.

Lol
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

SHodges wrote:Lol, I'm sure you actually buy into this logical abortion too. Here's the thing, your bullshit about how you aren't obligated to do shit is exactly that, bullshit. If a group of people gets together and says "we're going to do this", does interviews about it, releases photoshopped screenshots, puts up a website for it, and talks about how much progress they've been making for the past half a decade...they're expected to do it.
I don't suppose it's worth pointing out that 'obligated' and 'expected' are not synonymous?

You can expect a release all you want, and it still doesn't in any way obligate us to rush it for you, or in fact release it at all. Not that we'd do that, but you know: basic linguistics ftw?

Also, photoshopped screenshots? WTF? *sigh*

Incidentally, what is with all the sudden HDTP hate? It's like we've crossed some critical threshold and now all the tards are bursting through the doors in some sort of valve-inspired setpiece...
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

Probably leftover rage from Duke Nukem Forever.
voad
Thug

Post by voad »

SHodges the douche bag wrote: Lol, I'm sure you actually buy into this logical abortion too. Here's the thing, your bullshit about how you aren't obligated to do shit is exactly that, bullshit. If a group of people gets together and says "we're going to do this", does interviews about it, releases photoshopped screenshots, puts up a website for it, and talks about how much progress they've been making for the past half a decade...they're expected to do it. Surprise! It's shocking, I know. You place the expectations on yourselves every time you show up to try and fish for praise by bragging about your phantom texture project.
Except that this also happens to actual full games that are being funded with tens of millions of dollars. Or have you never seen or heard of a game being canceled?
And why the hell would I pay "£40k" for a group of people that can't manage to do a texture pack after years and years of promoting circle jerking amongst their fanbase in favor of actually doing something? Why the hell would I pay £1 for Anna Navarre cleavage? People only donate to mod projects that have actually done something in the last few years, and they usually only donate to them when they don't appear to use the services of texture artists at the cusp of puberty.

But it's all ok, right? The Nameless Mod came out! lol

You're right, you shouldn't give them a dime. Instead you should go form your own team and start on a HD project for Deus Ex. I liked to think that the Deus Ex fan base was maybe a bit more mature and intelligent than those of other games. Thanks for proving me wrong. But I guess every village has to have an idiot.
encinodude
NSF

Post by encinodude »

Disquieting amount of serious responses to probable trolling in these threads. We should all kick back and smoke a bowl.