Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: HDTP Final?

Post by chris the cynic »

justanotherfan wrote:True, I have seen him troll before, and I did just respond. Still, while I disagree, I can imagine a reasonable person posting what Grimm said there. "Dead" to me means inactive (permanently), where it could mean "externally appearing inactive, despite internal activity". I'd agree with a comatose or minimally-conscious state ;-)
If we're going to play with terminology like that, what's really going on is activity in house, with quite a few reports from inside the house as to what the activity is, but without first hand information of what's going on inside the house because we haven't been able to take a tour, even a limited tour, for four years.

I'd be hesitant to apply the term "reasonable" to anyone calling that dead. Comatose doesn't sound like a good description either. The fact that you're not allowed inside doesn't mean that the house is empty/everyone in it is dead. Especially if you've been getting a stream of reports from reliable sources saying that there are people in it and they're not dead.

Even if you insist on treating HDTP as a person, the fact that we're getting reports from inside on what is going on makes dead or comatose seem like a very bad description because that would be like someone telling you how they spent their day and you concluding that the person, who was just actively engaged in telling you how very much alive and active they were, was dead or comatose. If a doctor diagnoses a patient as comatose when the patient tells a doctor how they're doing, that is a horrible doctor.

I may not remember much of my first aid training, but I do remember that aware and oriented != dead or comatose.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

True, anthropomorphizing a project makes metaphors that don't translate perfectly. I don't insist on anything like that, but was responding to one. I think a "stream of reports" is exaggerated, which would diversify conclusions in both the person and your house metaphors. Someone more skeptical than me could reasonably assume inactivity.
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

justanotherfan wrote:Traveling at what speed in which timezone? Someone should set up a countdown.
Ah see well I am basing this on the Calender X, and the years and the time are open to interpretation, so it could be anything you want it to. All I know for sure is that there is 12 12's there. Nothing else is certain, unless someone is an expert in Calender X
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

chris the cynic wrote:
justanotherfan wrote:True, I have seen him troll before, and I did just respond. Still, while I disagree, I can imagine a reasonable person posting what Grimm said there. "Dead" to me means inactive (permanently), where it could mean "externally appearing inactive, despite internal activity". I'd agree with a comatose or minimally-conscious state ;-)
If we're going to play with terminology like that, what's really going on is activity in house, with quite a few reports from inside the house as to what the activity is, but without first hand information of what's going on inside the house because we haven't been able to take a tour, even a limited tour, for four years.

I'd be hesitant to apply the term "reasonable" to anyone calling that dead. Comatose doesn't sound like a good description either. The fact that you're not allowed inside doesn't mean that the house is empty/everyone in it is dead. Especially if you've been getting a stream of reports from reliable sources saying that there are people in it and they're not dead.

Even if you insist on treating HDTP as a person, the fact that we're getting reports from inside on what is going on makes dead or comatose seem like a very bad description because that would be like someone telling you how they spent their day and you concluding that the person, who was just actively engaged in telling you how very much alive and active they were, was dead or comatose. If a doctor diagnoses a patient as comatose when the patient tells a doctor how they're doing, that is a horrible doctor.

I may not remember much of my first aid training, but I do remember that aware and oriented != dead or comatose.

Wow. What a delusional pansy you are. It's dead get over it.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Oh great, going from trolling to being an ignorant tosser. For fucksakes guy, get over yourself.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Mr Grimm seems to think that both HDTP and New Vision are both dead.
Why so might I ask?

-
I wrote that post with an Evil James Bond Villain in mind. :P
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

nerdenstein wrote:Mr Grimm seems to think that both HDTP and New Vision are both dead.
I guess that in real life he loves to hang around cemeteries.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Ebenezer Grymm wrote:Wow. What a delusional pansy you are. It's dead get over it.
You're totally making me look bad here, Grymm. Now someone is going to misspell it ad homonym, and so the devious "troll 'till they give up and release" strategy will fail.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I honestly thought "Please do not feed the trolls." was pretty clear. How should I rephrase this so people will actually fucking pay attention?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Jonas wrote:I honestly thought "Please do not feed the trolls." was pretty clear. How should I rephrase this so people will actually fucking pay attention?
Ban the person for a few days and post some kind of witty remark to their trolling demise...
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

Jonas wrote:I honestly thought "Please do not feed the trolls." was pretty clear. How should I rephrase this so people will actually fucking pay attention?
You're too honest for this world Jonas. You need to be more deceitful. Also more swearing may help your cause, a liberal spay of "fucking" "fuck" maybe even some "shit" may cause people to pay attention. Or you could just rephrase yourself to say the following:

"Guys look! Deus Ex over there!"

At the first mention of the Great Game itself, discussion with the troll with cease immediately, and people will be too busy reinstalling the game to notice the troll anymore. Also, people will be wondering where "over there" is, so that in itself will generate discussion.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hashi wrote:
Or you could just rephrase yourself to say the following:

"Guys look! Deus Ex over there!"

At the first mention of the Great Game itself, discussion with the troll with cease immediately, and people will be too busy reinstalling the game to notice the troll anymore. Also, people will be wondering where "over there" is, so that in itself will generate discussion.
LMAO

That scores 11/10. The extra point is for giving me the best laugh I've had this month. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

m3rc1l3ss wrote:
Ban the person for a few days and post some kind of witty remark to their trolling demise...
Trolls will come back with a new IP address and username. The idea with not feeding the trolls is that by ignoring them, they will go away on their own, starved of attention like a stray dog. The problem is that normal users sometimes want to defend or discuss on-topic, which can extend the trolling and cause Internet Drama, but normal users don't come back after censoring/banning. Jonas wants us to pay attention to the rule, which is actually directed at us and not the trolls.

From the last "pansy' post there, it's pretty clear that honest views aren't being expressed, only whatever might get a reaction. If someone posts something to troll, let's just respond with "troll" to discredit it instead of defending against it, and I'll try not to consider trolling as argument.

I think "Over There" is where the yanks are coming, and it won't be over 'till it's over over there. So, Deus Ex is in Europe, so send the word to Europeans to beware, that yanks are coming.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

so send the word to Europeans to beware, that yanks are coming.
Other way around..

THE BRITISH ARE COMING! *runs down the street with a Lantern*

that's how it should be.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote: THE BRITISH ARE COMING! *runs down the street with a Lantern*

that's how it should be.
Damn straight! *shakes fist*
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.