Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Join Up & Serve Your Community!

Post by metche_steele »

Due to the fact we seem to have lots of potential modders who are interested in helping out popping up in the most peculiar of places lol, Ive set up this sticky.

If the above sounds like you then
email me - bann@planetdeusex.com
or
msn me - bann@blossombags.co.uk

And send me a small example of your cool skillage :D

Its important we keep track of whose who and whose doing what or this mod will quickly get out of hand.

Many thanks
Metz.
JC
NSF

Post by JC »

JayJay, your texture for the barrel is amazing by the way, well done :D..
JayJay
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JayJay »

Thank you very much for you're kind words JC! It took a bit of time to get it just right, lol. ;)
'A motive is a universal adapter'

Post by Guest »

Hi, i really liked Deus Ex it is without a doubt the best game that has ever been created.

Im posting becuase i'd like to join the team. Im not an expert in 3ds max but some of the object models arent complicated and i figured i could lend a hand.
Im also pretty good at texturing, again not an expert, but i know my stuff.

If i were allowed to join, this would be my first mod team to join, currently im studying games development at college and this would be a great side project to get involved with.
I have a huge amount of spare time, probably more than 30 hours free a week, i would like to use that time wisely and not blowing it away playing games.

Post by Guest »

Sorry for double post.
user name: dirty harry
email: big_al1987@hotmail.com
Maybe you could help me out with the email notification, hasn't been posted yet :S

-thanks
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

There you go, dirty harry, I've activated your account.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Man, we really gotta fix that :?

But eh, Harry... you sound like something near the perfect team member, if you're studying game development, you're bound to improve fast. Mind you I'm actually not on the HDTP team, so I'm not hiring you here, just expressing my appreciation, as a fan of the project, that you chose to offer your help.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
dirty harry
Thug

Post by dirty harry »

hey cheers for the welcome. Well, if you wanna see an example of my work, tell me to model something, get it back to you asap. ;)
lofaesofa
UNATCO

Post by lofaesofa »

Okay, remodel the tumbleweed or plant2, those are both phase 1 models which need some attention!
dirty harry
Thug

Post by dirty harry »

lofaesofa wrote:Okay, remodel the tumbleweed or plant2, those are both phase 1 models which need some attention!
Hmm, ok. How/where do i get reference for that. pics/old model?
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

I use Unreal Tournament Package Tool to extract models/textures to use as reference. Note that the .3ds is broken for 3ds-Max, annoyingly.
dirty harry
Thug

Post by dirty harry »

Plant2

134 polygons/272 triangles

This is just an example, i guess i cheated with the textures, their way over 256x256 and are in JPEG format.

:) hope its "OK"

will move onto the tumbleweed next ;)
Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

While that looks great, if you're using textures above 256, we don't get to see what it'll look like in the game itself. So, you know, try to use stuff that we'll be able to see... if you would.
dirty harry
Thug

Post by dirty harry »

Vavrek wrote:While that looks great, if you're using textures above 256, we don't get to see what it'll look like in the game itself. So, you know, try to use stuff that we'll be able to see... if you would.
yup your right.
256x256
I cant seem to get .pcx to work as a texture. Still in jpeg format :S
Ajare
MJ12

Post by Ajare »

The model looks fine, but the texture needs a bit of work. The leaves are good, but a bit eaten. They should look a bit healthier, IMO. Considering the relatively low polycount, I would add a few more of them, too - you want to try and hide the area where they go into the soil. The soil is decent, but the pot needs a more definition. It needs to look more ceramic - a few faint cracks, rough bits, etc. The edge between the side and the top also looks rough.

Anyway, keep at it, it's looking promising!