HDTP Member
HDTP Member

HDTP Release #1 Discussion Thread

Post by Master_Kale »

Post your thoughts on the release here, good or bad! :D
JC
NSF

Post by JC »

lol, I completely ignored the warning at the start. I'll have to reinstall everything.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

JC wrote:lol, I completely ignored the warning at the start. I'll have to reinstall everything.
Nah, just start DX and then reinstall HDTP.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
JC
NSF

Post by JC »

I can't get this to work (sorry about the shakey start). When I click on the hdtp exe it just runs Deus Ex normally (I'm guessing there is a new menu etc).
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

JC wrote:I can't get this to work (sorry about the shakey start). When I click on the hdtp exe it just runs Deus Ex normally (I'm guessing there is a new menu etc).
nope it looks normal for me. Start a new game and run towards the beer, soda, and crates and you should notice if you have HDTP textures or not. Alternatively you can open the demo map.

EDIT: I uploaded the release at filefront:

http://files.filefront.com/HDTP_Release ... einfo.html
Last edited by JC_Helios on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyjibo
Thug

Post by Kyjibo »

looks great, i think i may have found a bug though. in my mad dash to try to reach gunther at the start of the game i died & when i restarted i triggered the bug that doesent clear your inventory
i then discovered i could no longer change weapons by mousewheel, numbers, or even going into the inventory and clicking the "equip" button
aside from that everything is awesome, Great job guys!
I beat the Internet
the end guy is hard
VodunLoas
Thug

Post by VodunLoas »

It will start up as normal looking Deus Ex. Just play it and you will notice new models/skins for things.
VodunLoas | DeusEx-Portal.com
Akerfeldt
UNATCO

Post by Akerfeldt »

sure I'll post my thoughts: woooooooooooooot!:!: :D
Shodan
Thug

Post by Shodan »

Awesome, very awesome.

Gunther looks amazing, so do all the new objects, the only thing I did think looks a little odd was the crowbar, it's too shiny and curved, it looks like a candy cane, other than that, fantastic work guys, exactly what I was hoping for.

I think you should put a "donate" link on your site, so when I get paid at the start of october, I can contribute.
Hostile_17
Thug

Post by Hostile_17 »

Cheers guys, installing now :D
JC
NSF

Post by JC »

Got it working now :D , looks fantastic.
Last edited by JC on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hostile_17
Thug

Post by Hostile_17 »

The mod won't detect my graphics card for some reason. The default game detects it fine. Any ideas? :(
evil_leprechaun
Thug

Post by evil_leprechaun »

hey, i am LOVIN the work :P hehe, breaking newly-modelled plants and boxes with a newly-modelled baton is so much fun :D but theres one problem i have. its when im opening the demo map. i did all the .ini config, and i start up, and i have the logo screen, with no menu, and i type in open la de de da da. then it quickly flashes "LOADING" which then dissapears, and then up comes the title menu. WTF!!! :P should i reinstall or does anyone have any other ideas??
"Do not go gently into that good night, Rage, rage against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
Hostile_17
Thug

Post by Hostile_17 »

evil_leprechaun wrote:hey, i am LOVIN the work :P hehe, breaking newly-modelled plants and boxes with a newly-modelled baton is so much fun :D but theres one problem i have. its when im opening the demo map. i did all the .ini config, and i start up, and i have the logo screen, with no menu, and i type in open la de de da da. then it quickly flashes "LOADING" which then dissapears, and then up comes the title menu. WTF!!! :P should i reinstall or does anyone have any other ideas??
I'm getting the same.

As for the other problem it will load if I put on safe mode and don't tick any of the boxes. :)
Sun In My Mouth
Mole Person

Post by Sun In My Mouth »

Hostile_17 wrote:The mod won't detect my graphics card for some reason. The default game detects it fine. Any ideas? :(
Having the same problems.

Add to that that the mod actually won't start. This is the error msg I get.

Code: Select all

Failed to enter DX.dx:

History: UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineExt::Init <- DDeuxExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
EDIT:
Got it to work through safe mode with all boxes unchecked then changing resolution and stuff ingame. Nice job with everything that's there.
Last edited by Sun In My Mouth on Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.