HDTP - Release 1: Troubleshooting FAQ

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
AJCF
Mole Person

Post by AJCF »

DDL wrote:I find the sound garbles sometimes on any (original, mod, HDTP, whatever) incidence of DX.

Simply restart. If it's garbled again, restart again. I've NEVER had to do so more than 3 times.

Out of curiosity, what's your soundcard?
Thanks for your help, I'll try it as soon as I can (I'm nearing the end of the semester and basically have been partying hard, no time for games :P)

My soundcard is a realtek something
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

Probably an AC97 chip.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm pretty sure I have an AC97 card and I don't have any issues. Maybe a driver problem?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Might it be some sort of audio setting being changed in the HDTP.exe , or ini?

You could try using HDTP with the Shifter mod. It adds HDTP support without any exe or ini changes... it just overwrites your u, and int files. I doubt it's the cause, but might as well suggest it anyway.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

The HDTP ini file is simply a direct copy of the user's own deusex.ini with a few package additions: it shouldn't alter sound settings at all.
MrRoivas
Mole Person

Post by MrRoivas »

Got a huge freaking problem. Installed HDTP, did the fix at the beginning of the topic, so now it actually runs. The problem is that now I can't load any save files. When I do, it says "Failed launching URL. Can't find Class in file "Class.DeusEx.AmmoCombatKnife." Also, the Shifter mod is non-operative when I load using the HDTP icon to play the game. Help would be appreciated.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

IIRC, Shifter loads HDTP without the HDTP shortcut so you won't have to use it.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
MrRoivas
Mole Person

Post by MrRoivas »

The thing is though, when I use the regular icon and shifter, some of the new objects load (Gunther, bottles, the crowbar) while others (like the new boxes, barrels) don't change into their HD form.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Did you move the HDTPanim.utx file like the Shifter readme says? There's also this mentioned in part of the readme:
"This only happens the FIRST time you load each map, so if you install HDTP in the middle of a play-through the current level won't get the HDTP facelift."

As for the combat knife ammo, that's because you're trying to open a shifter save in normal Deus Ex.
HuManBing
Mole Person

Post by HuManBing »

I have a clean install of Deus Ex. I have the latest (1.112) official patch for the game. I downloaded the HDTP and installed it AFTER running the game normally once.

The normal game runs well. But the HDTP won't work for some reason. The message that pops up at failed launch reads:

Critical Error:

Failed to enter DX.dx:

History: UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineExt::Init <-DDeusExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

What should I do to solve this problem?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Is that everything? Usually there's like a whole 10 pages of error messages after that :)

Anyway, could you post the HDTP.log? It usually has some more information that helps troubleshooting.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Also, I don't mean to be condescending, but are you using the shortcut the installer placed on your desktop?

Try opening it up and changing its destination to this:

C:\DeusEx\System\HDTP.exe INI="C:\DeusEx\System\HDTP.ini" USERINI="C:\DeusEx\System\HDTPUser.ini" log=HDTP.log

Mind that the path to your game probably isn't the same as mine (in fact what I gave above isn't the actual path to my game :P ), but the important thing is the quotes around the ini paths. Perhaps that will help. If you already have quotes there, pay my suggestion no mind :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Phototoxin
Thug

Re: HDTP - Release 1: Troubleshooting FAQ

Post by Phototoxin »

hey,

I had an urge to play deus ex again so I got the high def tex pack. however. I got the error where I needed to change the shortcut link and I did that. Do I have to start a TOTALLY new game because when I loaded my save game (the mole people tunnels) the bins on fire were pinkish. Not the bright texture missing pink more this shade of pink

I admit I've not tried a totally new game. Will that fix my problem ? I could get a screenie if it would help?
DDL

Post by DDL »

Nothing in the installer setup would produce this kind of error, so I suspect what you're seeing is indeed the HDTP barrelfire, but on your particular graphics setup it looks pinkish (it IS a kinda rusty red colour, after all). A screenie would indeed help confirm this, but if this is the case: then I'm afraid that's just the way it is.
Phototoxin
Thug

Post by Phototoxin »

On looking at it again it looks fine.. its just that the far one looks a bit bright. IF its ok and not a corruption aor antything then I will continue to play on !!

here is the screenie for reference though

It was VERY late at night when I got there my eyes were falling out of my head!
EDIT YES I AM A CHEATING B@$7RD!