Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Morpheus
X-51

Can I use HDTP models for my mod?

Post by Morpheus »

As some people might know, I am working on my mod called: Deus Ex: Morpheus.

I was wanting to know, could I use the HDTP models in my mod? If so, I will need to explain what I need more. Let me know first... (Love the HDTP you see)

Note: I'm not using any HDTP NPC models. Old character meshes. I just want to know if I could use other models and if someone could convert a few of my models I made to HDTP standard.

I want to create a U file called Morpheus_HDTP.u and all High definition models and textures will go here. All code will be in my other main U files.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Re: Can I use HDTP models for my mod?

Post by metche_steele »

Morpheus wrote:As some people might know, I am working on my mod called: Deus Ex: Morpheus.

I was wanting to know, could I use the HDTP models in my mod? If so, I will need to explain what I need more. Let me know first... (Love the HDTP you see)

Note: I'm not using any HDTP NPC models. Old character meshes. I just want to know if I could use other models and if someone could convert a few of my models I made to HDTP standard.

I want to create a U file called Morpheus_HDTP.u and all High definition models and textures will go here. All code will be in my other main U files.
Hi M - thats fine - could you drop me an email explaining exactly what you need - bann79@gmail.com

Also - although we'll happily share our stuff with you, theres no way we can convert your current stuff to the HDTP standard. Unfortunatly we've got far too much on our plate already ;)

Just drop me an email!

M.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Morpheus: a lot of the replacements will happen automatically, since anything subclassed from Deusex.u without specifically overwriting the mesh assignments will simply inherit the HDTP versions, providing you set up your .ini file correctly.

Since most custom characters are usually subclassed from humanmilitary/civilian/thug rather than specific characters, custom characters usually have an explicit mesh reference (mesh=lodmesh'GM_Trench' and so on), so these will continue using the original meshes.

To be honest, you could exploit the trick Yuki came up with for Shifter (have a search for his thread): in each class that uses a mesh that could be HDTPified or not, place a check function in prebeginplay or somewhere similar: use dynamicloadobject to check for the existence of the HDTP mesh. If it exists, assign it. If it doesn't, don't.

This way you can use the same package for HTDP users and those using default DX.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

You see, many of my new textures and models would mess up if I used the HDTP this way, and I don't need all them anyway.

Got all the help I need for now.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Wait, if all your textures and models are non-HDTP compatible, why do you need HDTP compatibility? That makes no sense.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Wait, if all your textures and models are non-HDTP compatible, why do you need HDTP compatibility? That makes no sense.
Since most of my game is based on the original content as it is set after the original game I want to use HDTP weapons, decos and so on. its mainly NPC models that have new textures I created. There are the only ones that I don't want. Everything else, I want to use.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Exactly!

And what I was saying, was that by the simple addition of one line to your Morpheus.ini file, you could do this automatically.

I am assuming that all your custom characters are subclassed from something generic (like humanmilitary, and the like) rather than something specific (like UNATCOTroop, and the like). If so, they will remain exactly as you specify.

It's that easy.

I only need to use the dynamicloadobject for my stuff because I'm overwriting all the weapons with my own custom-coded versions (to account for silly things, mostly). If you're using the original DX weapons, they'll be replaced automatically.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Well I can use the HDTP Files. Can someone submit me the first HDTP release files? e.g. the UC and texture and 3D files? Exporting from WOTGrealExporter is not a great option. Thats all I want.
metche_steele
Illuminati

Post by metche_steele »

Morpheus wrote:Well I can use the HDTP Files. Can someone submit me the first HDTP release files? e.g. the UC and texture and 3D files? Exporting from WOTGrealExporter is not a great option. Thats all I want.
With all due respect, like I did advise you in the email I sent this morning - it would be better to do it via WOTgreal since getting one of my team to do it would take a few days :)
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

It's great you want to use our models and textures for your mod but we are very busy, we can't just drop everything and send these files to you.

DDL has given you a way to use the models without exporting anything and in the long run it will be a lot better for you, your mod will be compatible with the original DX as well as HDTP, which some people may prefer.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Thats fine. Will the meshes work when you export them with WOTGreal? Or will you need Tacks UNR2DE to convert them?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You won't need to extract or convert them, just do what DDL said ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Yeh, maybe I'll do that. BUT I have created new textures for these new models. How did TNM use HDTP files?
DDL

Post by DDL »

*sigh*

Ok, which models have you created new textures for?
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

first, sorry for all this. :oops:

Umm.. I made a new texture for telephone. Made my own telephone that PLayer uses to "Make" a call as part of a mission. The player types in the number "Keypad window" and it triggers a conversation to start...

Truthfully, thats it for now. Have basically mostly new NPC textures,not much else...

Sorry again for doing this just for that.