Mod gives me critical error

Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

As long as there's no other solution getting posted here, try using the slomo-cheat (1=100% so try slomo 0.2)

Does it only occur in HDTP or also wehn you start the normal DeusEx.exe?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Wow okay there is nothing in HDTP to affect the load speed.

Do you have a dual-core processor? Have you assigned a certain affinity to your DX shortcut to make it work? If so, you need to assign the same affinity to the HDTP short-cut, I believe. If you're using a laptop, make sure the power management functions are disabled.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

especially "Cool'n Quiet" should be deactivated if you have it (Athlon 64)
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I find that if you simply set the compatiblity mode to windows98/ME it works fine. (under the shortcut properties)
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
ctishman
Mole Person

Post by ctishman »

I'm running it on a 20" iMac under Boot Camp, so yes, it is an Intel Core Duo proc. I'll try the compatibility mode thing now, then the Slomo thing.
ctishman
Mole Person

Post by ctishman »

The compatibility mode trick worked! It's wonderful!
nohero
Mole Person

Re: Mod gives me critical error

Post by nohero »

hello,
referring to the topic i adopted the hint with the quotes and DX started and I was happy. But with startig a new game i had to recognize that the HDTP did not load. the game and the charakters look exactly the same. (the picture is just an example) what is to do to activate the hdtp.

im having v1.1112 installed and i use: "D:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\HDTP.exe" INI="d:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\HDTP.ini" USERINI="d:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\HDTPUser.ini" log=HDTP.log, which made the game starting.
can somebody help? thanx
Attachments
dx.jpg
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

nohero wrote:hello,
referring to the topic i adopted the hint with the quotes and DX started and I was happy. But with startig a new game i had to recognize that the HDTP did not load. the game and the charakters look exactly the same. (the picture is just an example) what is to do to activate the hdtp.

im having v1.1112 installed and i use: "D:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\HDTP.exe" INI="d:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\HDTP.ini" USERINI="d:\Program Files\DeusEx\System\HDTPUser.ini" log=HDTP.log, which made the game starting.
can somebody help? thanx
Remember that this is only a demo of the mod, I could be wrong but there is a map specified that seems to be the best place to see is in a special map. The command to reach it is located in the readme. Unfortunately I have no real idea as to what is changed in the demo, but somebody should be able to give me a better answer than I can.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

A good thing to look for is the crates and the crowbar. Both are located at the beginning of the game, on the pier of Liberty Island. The original crate was just a simple cube, so if your crates have actual depth on the crossbars, you're using HDTP.

Characters are not being replaced yet, and most weapons and items aren't either. In the demo, it's just decorations (objects that you cannot pick up and place in your inventory).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
nohero
Mole Person

Post by nohero »

ah i see. sorry, didnt notice it was demo. it works, but yet it isnt enough motivation for me to replay the game. thx anyway and best wishes for soon release
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Ok, looks that my almost finished program would help out here, It's a program I made to edit the .ini files of DX or it's different mods. For instance changing renders or installing the OTP fix is just literally a few clicks away. And for those that are completely n00bs an option to "Max out everything" will be available.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Ok, looks that my almost finished program would help out here, It's a program I made to edit the .ini files of DX or it's different mods. For instance changing renders or installing the OTP fix is just literally a few clicks away. And for those that are completely n00bs an option to "Max out everything" will be available.
Keep in mind that OTP fix is not Linux-friendly... It uses a MS Visual C++ library that does not emulate on Wine/Cedega. ...Speaking of which, has anybody redone the OTP fix some other way?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Well my app requires .Net Framework 2.0 so good luck with that on a Linux machine. (However I read that .Net was partly available under Linux, don't know the story about that)

But I figure, if you run a Linux machine, then you are smart enough to fix the ini-file yourself. :P
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Well my app requires .Net Framework 2.0 so good luck with that on a Linux machine. (However I read that .Net was partly available under Linux, don't know the story about that)

But I figure, if you run a Linux machine, then you are smart enough to fix the ini-file yourself. :P
True, but I wasn't really whining about your app but about the OTP fix. I whine about it at every opportunity I get. Does it have to be Visual C++? How about an equivalent from Borland?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

r00tb33r wrote:
bjorn98009_91 wrote:Well my app requires .Net Framework 2.0 so good luck with that on a Linux machine. (However I read that .Net was partly available under Linux, don't know the story about that)

True, but I wasn't really whining about your app but about the OTP fix. I whine about it at every opportunity I get. Does it have to be Visual C++? How about an equivalent from Borland?
Ok... None taken then.

Btw, did you know that the gif-image that you have as your avatar comes from the Swedish movie "Cops"... Sweden FTW!