Discuss every aspect of HDTP here.

Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Re: HDTP beta

Post by Y|yukichigai »

Jobesky wrote:What would happen if I used Shifter and GMDX at the same time?
Only one would be active, specifically whichever one was loaded last.

There's no way to run both at once unless I collaborate with the GMDX team and merge our changes into a combined mod of sorts.

EDIT: In other news, I think I'm done with the latest version of Shifter. I'll be releasing a version on moddb tomorrow I think.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Well, that would give GMDX the attention I feel it deserves, riding off of Shifter's longtime popularity, but they do have a different design focus.
Though there is some features from Shifter I'd like to see in our mod.

Congratulations on the soon to be released HDTP compatable version Shifter!
Last edited by Cybernetic pig on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Y|yukichigai wrote:EDIT: In other news, I think I'm done with the latest version of Shifter. I'll be releasing a version on moddb tomorrow I think.
Hey, quit actually working on stuff. You're making me look bad.
Roman82
Mole Person

Post by Roman82 »

Hi guys! Im new here. First off all I want to say Thank You to creators of HDTP. Amazing job! Is this final version?
And I have a question. Is it possible to make compatible HDTPBeta DeusEx.u and huren-1.30? Just add in huren DeusEx.u links to models HDTPBeta or this is not so simple? There is one very good change in gameplay I found in BioMod.1 mod-
Computers no longer make the player invisible when using them. Now you'll have to beware of nearby enemies, cameras, etc. when hacking.
How can I edit DeusEx.u, extract, modify and compile? Any programs? How to use SDK I cant figures out. Thank you.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Roman82 wrote:And I have a question. Is it possible to make compatible HDTPBeta DeusEx.u and huren-1.30? Just add in huren DeusEx.u links to models HDTPBeta or this is not so simple?
It's not that simple, unfortunately. Even in the old release, a lot of code had to be added to Human Renovation in order to support HDTP (by way of Shifter, whose code I shamelessly stole for this purpose). My general impression is that the new version of HDTP is even trickier, but you'd have to ask Yuki about that.
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

Y|yukichigai wrote:
Jobesky wrote:What would happen if I used Shifter and GMDX at the same time?
Only one would be active, specifically whichever one was loaded last.

There's no way to run both at once unless I collaborate with the GMDX team and merge our changes into a combined mod of sorts.

EDIT: In other news, I think I'm done with the latest version of Shifter. I'll be releasing a version on moddb tomorrow I think.
Will there be instructions on installation? :D
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

Also my last time I plaed DX, my game spazzed out when I got to the MJ12 prison. Like the troopers would just stretch out everywhere and I couldn't move... is that fixed?
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

No. You have to disable the MJ12 model in the HDTP settings.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

Jobesky wrote:Also my last time I plaed DX, my game spazzed out when I got to the MJ12 prison. Like the troopers would just stretch out everywhere and I couldn't move... is that fixed?
No, but it sounds hilarious.
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

G-Flex wrote:
Jobesky wrote:Also my last time I plaed DX, my game spazzed out when I got to the MJ12 prison. Like the troopers would just stretch out everywhere and I couldn't move... is that fixed?
No, but it sounds hilarious.
Ruined my game, bro. Couldn't do anything. :P
bjorn98009_91 wrote:No. You have to disable the MJ12 model in the HDTP settings.
How do I do that?
Y|yukichigai
UNATCO

Post by Y|yukichigai »

Posted it over at moddb. You can find the info page here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/shifter1/down ... er-v19-rc0

While that waits for authorization, you can try downloading it here: http://www.filedropper.com/shifterv19rc0_1
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Awesome! Thank you Yuki! :D
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

Won't work for some reason... I have New Vision and HDTP properly installed but I don't get points for kills, and the Shifter logo doesn't show in the main screen, but I look at controls and there's Alt Fire? WTF?
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

Nevermind, got it working, but I can't get my FOV to stick. What do I do?

I didn't know I had to do all that Advanced stuff in Shifter to get it to work. ;)
Jobesky
Thug

Post by Jobesky »

TRIPLE POST WUT

Seriously, there needs to be install instructions for this. I can only get Shifter to work by doing what the 'Advanced.txt' says to do. I can't get it to work just by running Kentie's Launcher (which, by the way, won't ****ing save my FOV :evil: , I even edited my user.ini).

So what do I do?