GMDXv9.0 Release

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

FastGamerr
MJ12

Re: GMDXv8.0 Release

Post by FastGamerr »

No problem, man. It's likely that this particular BSP hole came to be due to the modifications made to the original level.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

[SCRIPT BUG?] I gave Gilbert Renton a gun in this current playthrough (in the former, I didn't give him anything) and JoJo stays on the second floor doing absolutely nothing. Now, I checked some webpages and what should happen is that JoJo goes down to confront Gilbert.

It doesn't happen.

I am keeping a save game before the dialogue with Gilbert and one after that.

Whenever you have time to check on all these reports I am making, I will have them available.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

[SCRIPT BUG] I am encountering this glitch: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125216

I have sent the signal without pushing any of the three "Align the dish" buttons. Paul warns me that I should do it again after having realigned the dishes. Walton Simons messages me telling me he's ordered the UNATCO soldiers to kill me (thanks a lot! I still managed to not kill a single one using my baton and tranq darts). I log in again and I push once the buttons for the three dishes. Those options are now greyed out. I return to the other computer, resend the signal but nothing happens.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

[NOTE DUPLICATION] In Hong Kong the following note is added each time the NPC (butcher) talks to you about it:

The lucky money is in the mall beneath the market.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Salk wrote:[SCRIPT BUG] I am encountering this glitch:

I have sent the signal without pushing any of the three "Align the dish" buttons. Paul warns me that I should do it again after having realigned the dishes. Walton Simons messages me telling me he's ordered the UNATCO soldiers to kill me (thanks a lot! I still managed to not kill a single one using my baton and tranq darts). I log in again and I push once the buttons for the three dishes. Those options are now greyed out. I return to the other computer, resend the signal but nothing happens.
What is the problem here? You send it and then return to Paul. I'm assuming the goal was never completed according to your datavault?
[SCRIPT BUG?] I gave Gilbert Renton a gun in this current playthrough (in the former, I didn't give him anything) and JoJo stays on the second floor doing absolutely nothing. Now, I checked some webpages and what should happen is that JoJo goes down to confront Gilbert.

It doesn't happen.
Fixed.
[VISUAL GLITCH] Probably has to do with New Vision but since that mod is no longer in development, I report it here for future reference. There is a problem in the Brooklyn Bridge area. The texture disappears as soon as the player gets close to it.
Fixed.

BSP errors are very common issues. They should not make it into the final release. There are a couple of minor bugs that slipped by as I didn't get enough testers...same shit different day. Due to a lack of testers I pushed the release date back by a month as it was.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Cybernetic pig wrote:
Salk wrote:[SCRIPT BUG] I am encountering this glitch:

What is the problem here? You send it and then return to Paul. I'm assuming the goal was never completed according to your datavault?
The problem is that after Paul tells me that the dishes need realigned and that I should send the signal again after having done it, I do that but there is no acknowledgement that I did. Paul should recontact me after I return to the first computer to do the realignment (I have just checked a YouTube video to see that I did that right and I did). He never does. The goal is not cleared and I miss on 300 skill points bonus because of that.

This is how it should have gone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQPf6e_YUg&t=32m24s
BSP errors are very common issues. They should not make it into the final release. There are a couple of minor bugs that slipped by as I didn't get enough testers...same shit different day. Due to a lack of testers I pushed the release date back by a month as it was.
Well, I am glad I can be useful now.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Ah yes, of course. It's a vanilla bug. I'll see what I can do.

Here's what I've got after a night of checking over and fixing relevant post-release reports:
Tweaks and fixes:

-Bugfix: The "do not place" test box bug when interacting with corpses if you have the the interaction auto holster option enabled is now fixed.
-Bugfix: the "Short Fuse" perk now actually works.
-Bugfix: fixed an ai cooldown issue affecting a bot activated via an alarm being triggered in the dockyard map.
-Bugfix: fixed a BSP error on the brooklyn bridge station map.
-Bugfix: JoJo now finds a path to the Rentons.
-Bugfix: The advanced security bot with cloaking now deactivates it upon returning to patrol (like the MJ12 Elite).
-Vanilla Bugfix: ensured an end-game scenario cannot be met at the Hong Kong Helibase event if Jock misses his shot at blowing up the door.
-AI accuracy with grenade throws has a touch more randomization to it to cut down on frequent perfect pitches.
-NPC Head decapitation is disabled as was originally intended (because it's incomplete).
-Added a couple extra assault gun clips in the interest of ammo balancing.
-Altered stamina drain values & stamina now regenerates when crouched if idle.
-A number of other minor fixes and tweaks.
That's mostly everything as far as I am aware.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Excellent!

Looking forward to the next release! ;)

UPDATE: I met my untimely demise and according to my own policy, I am going to start over (by the way, the game has always been very fair to me! No cheap dead so far, great level design, intriguing plot... I understand why it became a cult) but I will do it only when the next GMDX version is out so that I can enjoy the fixes and improvements done.

Please let me know if you need a beta tester.

Thanks.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

:/ One of these days you'll complete Deus Ex. And permadeath runs right off the bat, in a 25+ hour long RPG no less? Also with a mod that makes the game crazy deeper even though it already has insane levels of depth?
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Cybernetic pig wrote:One of these days you'll complete Deus Ex. And permadeath runs right off the bat, in a 25+ hour long RPG no less? Also with a mod that makes the game crazy deeper even though it already has insane levels of depth?
I am playing at Easy level. I reached pretty far (I think), I am getting better and better (although it is true that overconfidence becomes a factor) and I enjoy it each time so it's alright... ;)

I am stubborn and when I do invest in a game I want to do it right, if I can. And to me, doing it right is, when possible, a no reload experience. Not many FPS games allow you to do it. Deus Ex so far has offered me that and for that I am grateful.

Playing it over is the way I show the game my respect. And same goes for GMDX.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

You're robbing yourself of something special in both GMDX and Deus Ex itself (Deus Ex especially ofc). Sure permadeath must be extremely thrilling but there's an epic story to uncover there, a character to extensively build and enjoy through the RPG systems, and so on. Try GMDX's hardcore mode, it's more strict with consequences and makes death hold more relevance, but it actually lets you play the damn game to completion. You'll never complete Deus Ex at this rate. It's a loooooong game with one-shot snipers, tiny explosive insta-death mines attached to walls, randomized headshots and so on.
I am playing at Easy level.
Oh, never mind then. On easy it is difficult to die in GMDX, I put a lot of handicaps in there, although some things still can catch you of guard such as the aforementioned wall mines.

Anyhow, announcement: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/news/pos ... se-support
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

Cybernetic pig wrote:You're robbing yourself of something special in both GMDX and Deus Ex itself (Deus Ex especially ofc). Sure permadeath must be extremely thrilling but there's an epic story to uncover there, a character to extensively build and enjoy through the RPG systems, and so on.
Yes, I understand what you are telling me. In fact, I do believe I will play the game to completion. On a more philosophical note, I am not sure I would agree about not having "experienced" a game unless you play it to the end because "the end" can be subjective. Is it when the game is finished? Or is it when the player is? ;)
Try GMDX's hardcore mode
I will, for another kind of challenge. It will be rewarding in a different way.
On easy it is difficult to die in GMDX
Yeah, well... It might be difficult to die but death is always around the corner. It is enough you mess up going down a ladder to put an end to it.
Great! =D>

While I am indeed excited by the potential animation overhaul, I do care more for the bug fixes. Even with the visual improvements, the game has its limits regarding how good it can look.

Best of luck in assembling a team that may help you in this task though! Speaking of which, I do remember a user (Akerfeldt) who helped with HDTP and was working with animation (?) if I remember correctly... But I fear he might be out of the scene. (He has not been around for way too long...)

Keep up the excellent work!
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Finally, the elusive vanilla new game inventory bug is fixed once and for all.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Anyhow, what's the verdict on GMDX?

"In conclusion this must be the one of most impressive mods done to Deus ex ever, if not The Mod one must have to really experience the game as it was intended."
-gbamabougou

"This is easily one of the best mods for any game I've ever played."
-jcelios

"I can honestly say that GMDX represents the definitive Deus Ex experience."
-Wildcat Phoenix

"Best Deus Ex mod ever released."
-Silenc3r

"GMDX is, essentially, the ultimate Deus Ex experience."
-jose21crisis

"This is easily one of the best mods ever made for the original Deux Ex."
-rubbalubbadubdub

Plenty more where that came from in the other reviews.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Nice to see WildcatPhoenix making an appearance!