New User New Site No Experience No Team

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Kelkos
UNATCO

New User New Site No Experience No Team

Post by Kelkos »

Greetings to all. I am Kelkos. A new user here. Equipped with Unrealed and having a wild imagination, I'm thinking of making my own mod. Sadly, I don't have any team members. No support from anyone and it's my first post on this site. I have no experience in coding and animating. But I'm a relatively nice level designer. I need some support with anyone who's contributing to freelance mod-making. I wish to team up with the creators of this stunningly outstanding mod. GMDX. Which holds a lot of acclaim for it's physics and stunning visuals. I need some help with coding and etc. So those aspirations and dreams that died a long time ago could finally come back to life. :smile:

Thanks for replies and support
Sincerely,
Kelkos
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Bogie
UNATCO

Re: New User New Site No Experience No Team

Post by Bogie »

I can help with audio and visuals if that can help. :smile:
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

I'm taken, sorry. If anything, you should join me ;)

It would help if you gave people some idea of what your concepts are; a short summary of the mod you desire to make.

If you do take on any mod attempts, know that you can use GMDX as a base if you desire (which itself uses HDTP as a base, which you may need to ask permission for, but HDTP is pretty much ditched these days by its original creators so I doubt they're interested).

Anyhow, I don't mind answering technical questions you may have, and I'm sure others don't mind either. If it weren't for the technical advice of members in my early days I would have likely gave up in frustration, so it is good to pass on the torch.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Cybernetic pig wrote:I'm taken, sorry. If anything, you should join me ;)
This. Especially since you said you were a good mapper, that way he could probably focus on coding and ironing out bugs.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

It's more of like a "Night at the Office" variant mod. It will actually use intricate and advanced User Interface systems. Can someone tell me where to get a fixed 2027 ui with that square target instead of a crosshair and also larger fonts that make readability easier ?
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Kelkos
UNATCO

Post by Kelkos »

I need a default scriptedpawn class
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

It's actually rather easy to make your own reticule. Export the vanilla reticule texture, download Gimp 2.0 and use it to shift some pixels around, then import the new texture.