Moderator: HDTP Team

Forum rules
Please do not feed the trolls.
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Last call!

Post by AlvinD »

Hi guys i made this a year or so ago and desperatley need it painted to get into DX. Perhaps some more items. I have a new mech to go in but all these models lack are a lick of paint.

If anyone u know of could give a hand? They arent demanding and pretty simple to those who know how
Attachments
DXVAN.jpg
Made in China
MJ12

Re: Last call!

Post by Made in China »

I hope someone can texture those models, the van looks really nice!

Regardless of texture artists answering the call, you might want to send the models to Defaultplayer001 - he's heading the Deus Ex documentation efforts and that includes mods. Worst case scenario - no one replies right now, but it will be of use in the future.
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Good call! Ill look him up
Defaultplayer001
NSF

Post by Defaultplayer001 »

Thanks for the mention MIC! <3 Really appreciate it!
Just to clarify ,the archive is actually a collaborative effort between me and X E N : http://deus-ex-speculation.tumblr.com/ ,a merging our separate archives ,with her's actually existing in an organized form far before mine ,so if anything she'd be the head! Though we don't have any rankings haha , we just both love DX and share our stuff together.
She's worked incredibly hard on it and is such a passionate DX fan! I know people here probably aren't the biggest tumblr users but I'd still recommend checking out her work!

We operate largely in our own circles tho, I stick around OTP&Reddit a lot, and she's on Tumblr&Facebook primarily.
So I can see why that might not be clear.

I'd love to have the model ofc! Really love the look of that van! Would love to see the others!

I also couldn't guarantee anything good but I could easily put it on my "to-do" list to texture it.
Though tbh it is ever expanding and includes a couple things I keep spacing out (Like that HDTP couch texture I keep meaning to take a whack at for cyber...)

But hey if no one else does it I'll be around to do it......eventually.

Edit: Just realized your a HDTP member ,thanks for your work! HDPT is a fantastic resource to have around. Would also love to have any other old DX stuff aside from models you may have we collect literally anything DX related!
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Awesome van model! It'd be really cool to see HDTP finished someday, but alas. :]

Good luck with your search!
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Cheers guys. Aye it would of at least nice to have been mentioned in the credits lol.

Ill gather anything i have from those days and send them across.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Hey Alvin, would you mind writing up a simple guide for importing models into Deus Ex? Just so that's clear, concise, and out in the open for all potential future modelers.
SkrillaX
NSF

Post by SkrillaX »

Don't know If I can help, but is this all right? Because my friends and I worked on this old GTA texture with a fresh camouflage and copy pasted the tyre textures from somewhere. The credit goes to all the people however. <_<

There are a lot of retextures, however.

http://www.filedropper.com/blackvantexturegta
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

I'm really interested in this model. I would extremely appreciate it if you posted it, even if it's untextured. :)
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

hi guys I'm only releasing it to a confirmed texture artist as I want it to go ingame rather than sit on a harddrive.
I cant write a tutorial because other than export to the correct format, this is as far as I know.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

The best thing you could tell a HDTP texture artist is if the model was UVed or Not.
Bogie
UNATCO

Post by Bogie »

Damn. Too bad. I am a modeler & texture artist (and I know how to import into UE1), but that's fine.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Just make it public, so it stops sitting on someones hardware. The worst thing which can happen that it appears with a bad made texture and still citing your name for the mesh.

I'm certainly interessted in having some proper meshes for DX, ideally with normal maps for rendering development purposes or in appropreciate way triangulated, so vertex normal interpolation gives pleasant results.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Boogie if you can promise me you can do it then you can have it.

and yes it is uv mapped. just needs lick of paint
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

im also up for continuing to refurb the rest of the neglected items in the game if the same suit follows