how the hell did you guys kill ZP?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hashi
Silhouette

how the hell did you guys kill ZP?

Post by Hashi »

if you stick too close to him he hits you enough times to kill you, but if you stray too far he has the sniper rifle which is a one hit kill

i have tried with the machine gun with the grenades, did nothing
pistol wouldnt do shit [pistol skill is on advanced now]
i have tried putting heavy weapons skill to advanced and trying with the plasma gun, but i can barely damage him before he either charges at me and kills me or gets me with the rifle

how did you guys kill him?
terthos
Thug

Re: how the hell did you guys kill ZP?

Post by terthos »

Assault gun with 20mm ammo. I kept running around so he couldn't get a bead on me. Once I was able to determine his location, I blasted him. If I recall, it took 2 or 3 shots, but maybe I missed the first couple of times.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Explosive barrel/crate (Looks like a barrel type container but says "Explosive crate")
Hashi
Silhouette

Post by Hashi »

LOL i managed to get him down the elavator bit and he got stuck in a glitch after i threw a gas grenade at him and i freely blasted him away ahah while he didnt shoot at me
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

What I liked to do was run right past him straight into Gwog's office, the spider bot* come out and starts softening him up for me then we talk. If I was lucky he'd even have to reload his sniper rifle at the start of our fight.
As for how I took him out, it was quite easy.... constant stun glove barrage or quick rice bag shot to the face.

*(One time the spider bot had this amusing glitch where its attack wouldn't stop. It'd be running around all over with electric arcs constantly flying like a flamethrower.)
elkston
Thug

Post by elkston »

I quickly laid down one of those "radial fire" mines and lured him to step over it. After that it was all done!!! Pretty easy, actually.

Did the same thing for ...
The "double" of yourself you meet in the Aunt Betty ruins.

I *LOVE* those mines. They are the best new weapon in the game.
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

Hit him once with the DTS. A very strangely easy fight. :-k
Agent_Kyramud
Thug

Post by Agent_Kyramud »

Let's see...I managed to catch him in the back both times I played with the stun gun. The second time I played through I simply let him live. The first time, though, after knocking him out with the stun gun I executed him with the dual pistols. :twisted:
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Apparently I missed out on the epic battle, though I got hints that it was meant to be such through the PMs and the convo with Kylie.
I met ZP with a DTS in my hand, so when the cut scene ended I turned on my Combat Strength (Lv2 ) aug and took one swipe at his throat.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

:'(
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

It's okay ZP, I always let you live... at least the first time. :twisted:
( I like how killing main enemies in TNM is kind of....boring, if you keep them alive you at least (sometimes) get further developments with them.)

Oh, and thanks for the rifle! Works like A charm, hope you weren't too attached to it. :P
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

I had Cloak+Run Silent on before I talked to him. Walked into the room, conversation ended (he didn't cloak at this time). He had no idea where i was (the doofus! hahahahhaa), whipped out my stun gloves, disabled augs, and punched him unconscious. He managed to sneak in his cloak aug while I was punching him though, boss-type enemies in this game always do for some weird reason (they also seem to sneak into a hit if im unlucky). Easy peasy!

Oh then for some reason after he was unconscious as I was leaving the place (I didnt know about the other exit at the time) he was dead. :'( Oh well.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Was he on the elevator or in the doorway? unconscious bodies can sometimes be a little sensitive.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

odawali wrote:Apparently I missed out on the epic battle, though I got hints that it was meant to be such through the PMs and the convo with Kylie.
It's not supposed to be anything, there is no right or wrong way to deal with the main enemies in TNM, we simply have no way to time a fight so we can have our characters react properly to the course of the battle. Plus, people already have different reactions depending on whether you kill him, knock him out, or simply avoid him altogether - I think that should be responsive enough for most players :P

But yes, we like you not to kill people. If you leave ZP alive, he returns later and that fight even has a fourth solution other than kill, incapacitate, or avoid.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Jonas wrote:
odawali wrote:Apparently I missed out on the epic battle, though I got hints that it was meant to be such through the PMs and the convo with Kylie.
It's not supposed to be anything, there is no right or wrong way to deal with the main enemies in TNM, we simply have no way to time a fight so we can have our characters react properly to the course of the battle. Plus, people already have different reactions depending on whether you kill him, knock him out, or simply avoid him altogether - I think that should be responsive enough for most players :P

But yes, we like you not to kill people. If you leave ZP alive, he returns later and that fight even has a fourth solution other than kill, incapacitate, or avoid.
Right, but if you DO fight him, I got the feeling that ZP was meant to be a tougher kill, like a mini boss battle. You get various clues that there is an elite assassin on your tail, then you meet him in an arena type of room with items lying around, plus after you kill him Evil Invasion even PMs me to tell me that was some fight.

From the other posts in this thread, it seems that he does indeed put up a good fight. Because I used the DTS, the encounter turned out a bit anticlimactic.