Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by JC_Helios »

A2 and his daddy: If the latter is your enemy I don't think their conversation triggers, I managed to sneak behind him, tried summoning a new him and everything and nothing would trigger it.

More WC muteness: The security guards in the corporate district (There's only like 2, by the King's hotel) are mute, as is the Janitor who is cleaning up where SD was.

The cheat: PhasRox, has no entry for medbots or repairbots.
Azeltir
Thug

Post by Azeltir »

Playing as WC, and jeez am I getting a lot of plot inconsistencies. As mentioned earlier, it's possible to get some Shadowcode messages if you stray towards the furnace at the server complexes. Additionally, though, if you go into DXO after DXI, via the back of Sol's Bar, they treat me as though I'm part of PDX - and I get the missions to tell Kashue about DXO's willingness for cooperation. Knocking out the leader allows me to unlock where PDX's version of the pilot. He doesn't say or do anything, but I bet if I carted him to the guys I'm supposed to deliver the other version to, they'd respond as if I brought the slum's pilot there.

Most aggravatingly, (and I want the flags to resolve this!) I've helped ZP with his OiNutter problem and talked to him about it, but the quest is still hanging. My log says that "hopefully he has returned to King" or somesuch. I really want to see the end of this quest!

Ben
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

@Alzetir: QC_Sub_findZP.

Note that Jonas isn't entirely correct. When in Goat City Scara will also PM you and give you 250 creds.

EDIT:

Bugs:

In addition to the other WC, DXO, day 2 fixes you might also want to whip up some persistency code for pimp-jojo's aug upgrade and maybe the goodies in the server computer cabinet. Unless theaug upgrade is there twice due to WC not being able to get the upgrade from the burned bar....

On day 2 I killed Chris, came back later and jumped into the closed shop through the window. In the basement "Random woman" is still wandering around down there, locked in the store
Last edited by JC_Helios on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Three things related to Ricemanu:

I just saved Ricemanu from an ambush, during which he fired no shots (while I was there), and then he ran around for a few seconds and then put away his gun and went hostile (red aim cursor) (and kept running around). I used a level 1 speed aug to get to him in time and my dual pistols on dual fire to gun down the two standing attackers, if you need an easy way to repeat it. (I didn't get any kind of message or recognition that I had stopped the ambush)

One of his attackers dropped an OLD baton. Or maybe that was the one which was already dead when I arrived on the scene.

Prior to all this, if I went up to Ricemanu without having fired a flare dart at the guard post flagpole (I didn't go through the front gates so at first I didn't bother... which was a bad mistake, apparently), he turned hostile and attacked me. When I killed him then, it prompted the same PM from Scara that I would get in the flare-dart-flagpole timeline if I failed to save him from the ambush. I don't know if either the turning-hostileness or same-PMness is intentional or not.
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

There is this extremely irritating problem that occurs when attempting to get into the small room containing the mirror where you have to fight "Treskton".

Due to the rather annoying way in which Deus Ex handles getting out of water it can be extremely difficult to actually get into the room. The partially broken grates will repeatedly suck you back under the water right as you start to jump out unless you positioned in exactly the right spot.

The first time I was able to jump out of the water and into the room on my third try, unfortunately I died and had to re-load a save and then it took me a little over a dozen tries to actually get out of the water successfully without getting sucked back under the partially broken grating.

I also kept getting a crash a few seconds after altering the IFF of the military bots guarding outside of the ABI place, though I don't think that reprogramming the bots causes the crash directly. I got a rather long error message a couple times that mentioned something about dogs in it, so I'm guessing that re-programming the bots and having them kill everything screws up something with one of the dogs patrolling outside which causes the game to crash. I did do something else afterwards that caused some chaos outside in the same place near some dogs which caused a similar crash. I'm sorry that I couldn't have been a bit more descriptive about this one, if I can get the error message to come up again I'll try to get a screenshot.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

@Paul1290: ABI freezes; don't bother with the screenshot, just look through the game freezestopic.It's one of the more common pathing freezes, just killall tnmdoberman if you have to. Also might want to [spoilerize] the[/spoilerize]Treskton part.

At the risk of reporting a bug I think I already saw mentioned before.... Killing Kevo, then carrying Kevo's dead body to be 'tortured' results in a set of Midas Hands(har, har, har)... I mostly just wanted to use Kevo's dead body to get in the room so I could kill them.
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

I'm getting a CTD incl. error message in the WC secret facility, second visit:

It happens here when calling this elevator

There are other references to this elevator problem in this forum.
Last edited by Mep_histo on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Yep, we're looking into that elevator thing for 1.0.2. A very annoying problem, and seemingly a bit random.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

You probably already know about this, but besides the dogs outside ABI, the spiderbot2 (s? I never saw them) inside the factory caused infinite loop pathing critical errors for me, except the bots cause the freeze when I get anywhere near that part of the factory, unlike the dogs who tend to freeze the game when a certain one (the last?) gets killed by an agent/weapon (not by a command). I had to 'killall spiderbot2' in order to be able to rescue the skinner inside the factory due to the infinite loop pathing freeze.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

WC playthrough
  • ABI outdoors: This doesn't cause crashes, but the reprogrammed milbots and guards get stuck trying to fight each other through the building wall.
  • ABI Office 2F: The desk in the southern office has blow darts, but they seem misaligned to the drawer they're in. They got stuck a couple of times when I opened the drawer, and after I closed the drawer they stayed floating in air.
  • Attachment: Got a crash at ABI labs (ABT) while joining the fight at the rectangular storage room with the ABI military bot (above the Gibinator lab). I think it may have something to do with the Aggressive Defense System being activated.
Attachments
abi.jpg
Last edited by odawali on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

At first I thought it was just me, but now after seeing an ABI guard take 5 GEP ROCKETS! I can safely say that there appears to be a problem with the standard ABIguards health(by the way, I'm even play on "pushover" enemy health). Basically an ABIguard was chasing after me(on the first ABI map) with an assault rifle shooting me and everything while I ran around backwards shooting rockets at him, and I saw 5 hit him before he ever gibbed. And prior to that another one of them had taken 3 to gib.

Also if you skip the scene where your helicopter crashes, you lose no health.

If you enter ABI from the front door and try to go out the back door there's no button or anything to open the door.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Three errors in the post-credits denouement:
1. Ryan is spoken of as still alive even though I banned him for being a mini-Scara when I had the chance. I banned him, returned to Level 2 and unlocked the AI, then returned to the map to ban Scara, so maybe that somehow effected things.
2. In the section on the cults Athena is spoken of as being alive as well, even though I killed her as per the second Llama mission.
3. "Public interest in Trestkon piqued..." should be peaked instead, as the second part of the sentence speaks of things returning to normal for him.
Also, nothing you can do anything about now, but 4. I carried ZP's unconscious form up into space with me. Nobody seemed to care, not the least of which the ending. :(!

Also midway through the Narcissus ending, after the cut that has Treskton standing in an area that looks sort of like the little market area at the base of the Llama temple, it froze on me. This happened on Friday when I was long away from home so I don't have a log, unfortunately, the above denouement came after I got the PDX ending. I'll try later to see if it's reproducible.
Interestingly, the moment it froze in, as the camera was fading in, made it look like Treskton had a Max Payne-esque constipation grimace.

As an aside, is it at all possible for you to stick a Burden of 80 Proof style stats readout in the ending? Just for curiosity's sake? I love me some stats. I was looking through the flags the other night, when I was almost finished the game, just because (curiosity again), and I noticed a count which appeared to be a kill counter per area. Other things like number of side-quests completed versus available, number of main characters killed, and number of Narc triggers found and Easter Eggs (you only see what number an easter egg you find is when you first pick it up, so it'd be nice to see which ones by number you got and which you missed) would be neat.

Edit: I want to make a comment on balance (that, this time, has nothing to do with those mini-aliens).
This is a screenshot of my inventory 10 minutes before finishing the game. I've basically done everything I can do, expended everything I can expend.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7207/tnminv.png
I have 9046 credits, max medkits and biocells, max electrotools, and more than half my lockpick max. This is on the second highest available difficulty and item count on normal, and Lockpicking and Electronics just on Trained. I've payed for literally every single thing I've been able to find except for the Aqualung aug can the dude at the bar on day one has, the Napalm launcher, the Voodoo shop stuff (too big to be worth it) and the aug upgrades the black market seller in the slums had to offer. I've gone out of my way to waste money, like Razza in DXE and the one office worker at ABI, just because. I've bought plenty of ammo and LAMS at Raving's. I only hacked three ATMs and found two bank account infos.
At the end of a typical playthrough of Deus Ex I also have a big excess of supplies, but that's after many playthroughs and even then not to the tune of maxing out everything and nearly 10g in spare cash.
I'm not saying there needs to be less items hanging around. But it would've been nice if there was some big thing late game for me to actually use that money on. I was kinda expecting it, given how much you were throwing at me, but no, there are actually far less opportunities to blow money on Day Two than Day One, and even more income sources. Hell, maybe a 10,000 credit Easter Egg jammed in a vending machine. :P Maybe a Gamespy alien costume dispenser on the space station.
Also making the amount in a hacked account variable and not so high, determined by nothing but the hacking skill (At Advanced skill every ATM I hacked had 500 bucks) is an idea.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Trafalgar's Ricemanu bug: Huh? you could save him? If I bombarded the area with dozens of gas grenades(prior to entering the offices, booby trapped the doorway of the fence, ran out as soon as I got his PM and paused the game and used playersonly.... he'd still be lying there dead as soon as I step out of either exit. I eventually managed to 'save' him by KOing him and summoning a copy of him after killing the attackers.

I noticed that when I used players only his body brought up a reticle as if he was a millisecond from being dead and the reticle is red. What's weird is there is dialogue for saving him from the ambush, so apparently it SHOULD be possible.
I'm curious as to which of us is actually experencing a bug :lol:

Oh and the hammer, much like the wrench... doesn't have sound effects for hitting certain things.

EDit: Also remembered, the alarm panels that go off when you set off the fire alarm in Goat City will still go off even if you bypassed them.
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

Killed the mexican wrestler guy after agreeing to help him, destroying the cameras and being told to find him by Ricemanu. The "goal updated" message appeared non-stop.

After picking up the wrestler's note image from the floor, the rest of my images were deleted.

When ZP is sniping in Goat city, he is holding a stealth pistol rather than his sniper.

After leaving DXI, on floor 4 in Worldcorp, one of the doors comes off its hinge when opened. It is one of the doors to the meeting room place with the aug upgrade.

When I went to That Guy when I was looking for ZP's office, he said he gave me a blueprint of the basement, but I didn't get one.

The satellite image of the air control tower is not named.

It's too hard to get everything out of the safe behind the goat statue - the statue gets in the way.

It seems that the microfibral muscle aug is too powerful - at level one I can pick up the biggest metal crates and dumpsters, and the only thing I haven't been able to lift is Beefman's throne (he's not sitting on it).
I tried to pick up the goat fountain to find the regen aug at level one microfibral muscle, and it fell through the floor and disappeared.

Ricemanu bugs. I went outside a little while after the message - I didn't really understand where he was.
- After going outside, he dies after about 5 seconds.
- I hadn't opened the door I came out of with the code before, and there wasn't a keypad on the inside - impossible to get out in time.
I managed to see wtf was going on by opensesame.
- There was one dead guard and two living ones, although Ricemanu says there are 5 afterwards.
- Ricemanu has weapons, but didnt use them.
- After killing the two guards, Ricemanu doesn't talk to me but about 15 seconds later he becomes hostile and starts ducking and running around. I am 100% sure I didn't hit him - this happened about 5 times.
- One of the guards has an "OLD Baton"
The only way I was able to save him was by putting slomo 0.1, ghosting out and tantalus-ing the guards and their bodies.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

JC_Helios wrote:Also if you skip the scene where your helicopter crashes, you lose no health.
...? My helicopter didn't crash. Or does that only happen if you kill Midashands?