Cannot access dxediting.com web page

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Re: Cannot access dxediting.com web page

Post by OiNutter »

justanotherfan wrote:
OiNutter wrote:as people, I suppose, we are generally incredibly opinionated. We have no qualms at all about "filling in" any details we don't know about something (or assume said details to not exist) and giving an ultimate judgement as soon as we hear something about it. Then we hold onto that opinion so closely that if someone else were to hint at a conflicting opinion we might get angry and hold onto the opinion tighter
Yep. I know nothing about this company, other than they did advertising-supported free hosting for years, had more downtime than I see elsewhere, and recently disappeared silently along with everyone's content. From only that, I've created a strong opinion that they are irresponsible administrators. If someone said tomorrow that an alcoholic hitman found EdgeNetwork in the phonebook and tried to shoot the company, I'd still think it was irresponsible to clear the FTP and say nothing. If they still have the content and allow access for a short time soon, I'll change my opinion, and see EdgeNetwork as a more principled and admirable failure.
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about -- you have no idea what the circumstances of EdgeNetwork's demise were, yet you assume it was something akin to someone saying "fuck y'alls" and flipping a switch to delete everyone's content. As for downtime, I'm not sure what you're referring to.
TNM CULTIC TEES: Vote Llama! Vote Goat! Buy both and be a turncoat!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hi people, nice to see you have a little shelter from the 'storm'. There is a very non relevant question here though. OiNutter why are you a billboard?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

bobby 55 wrote:Hi people, nice to see you have a little shelter from the 'storm'. There is a very non relevant question here though. OiNutter why are you a billboard?
I represent the ever-vigilant eyes of a judgemental society that is blind to its own moral decay. Discuss.

(Actually, people apparently don't frequent TheNamelessMod.com anymore and missed that we have merch, so I've become a prostitute to offset costs.)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

OiNutter wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:Hi people, nice to see you have a little shelter from the 'storm'. There is a very non relevant question here though. OiNutter why are you a billboard?
I represent the ever-vigilant eyes of a judgemental society that is blind to its own moral decay. Discuss.

(Actually, people apparently don't frequent TheNamelessMod.com anymore and missed that we have merch, so I've become a prostitute to offset costs.)
Congratz, your blatant billboard-ness worked. I just bought me a Goats shirt.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Hehe, a fine choice indeed, Sir Bob! I have a Llama one but I really wish I'd gone with Goat :(
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Trestkon wrote:Hehe, a fine choice indeed, Sir Bob! I have a Llama one but I really wish I'd gone with Goat :(
Hahaha! Yep it's cool and the confirmation e-mail's *enjoy your self expression* is a giggle.
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

bobby 55 wrote: Congratz, your blatant billboard-ness worked. I just bought me a Goats shirt.
Oh man, I didn't even have to promise Melk or eternal salvation this time!
Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Post by Chris »

So what happened to it?
Platypus
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Chris wrote:So what happened to it?
Nobody every figured it out, as far as I know. It was rather nebulous and nobody had direct control of anything. Sad.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Post by Chris »

mm-hmm
Platypus