Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Deus Ex: Human Renovation (fan patch/mod)

Post by DDL »

Thing about those is that they're

A) not terrible obvious, and
B) kinda fun

In that I mean the inventory exploit, for instance, is something I have never used. I know it exists, and if I wanted to try a heavy weapons only playthrough, it would be something I'd exploit the shit out of, but beyond that it seems so 'specific to people who actively want to cheat' that fixing it is pointless. It would be like recoding it to make "set deusex.human bcheatsenabled true" do nothing: all it does is annoy those who were actively cheating for shits 'n giggles already. Or people playtesting shit.

And the rest are simply exploits of the less than perfectly designed conversation system, and as such are both massively contextual (you need to make sure every inventory slot is full, and in some cases I believe you need to also have at least one instance of the transferred item in your inventory already), and massively situational: they are valid for one conversation and one conversation only.
Lork
NSF

Post by Lork »

dx_blaster wrote:Hi G-Flex,

nice someone put various fixes from different mods together.
I was playing with a similar idea, but I’m a bad coder, so I’m glade someone else had the same idea.

i noticed you also build in the autosave feature form DXv2r11 by Lork. General its i nice feature, but it can get very annoying at testing purpose, so i made a small mod, which makes it possible to turn Autosave on/off via the Control Menu.

If you want to build in a similar feature into your DXHuRe Mod, I' would be very happy to send you my source code. It’s not much only one new and some changed scripts as well 6 new textures.

It looks like this:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7532/d ... euimod.jpg

Keep up your great work.

Edit: I just noticed that it is possible to attach files to posts directly (no need for links to an up loader sites). -> great feature by the way OTP!

I know my English is terrible and full of typos, if anyone who likes could go through my How-to text, and correct it, I would be very happy (and anyone else who might use this mod in the future).
Funny, it's always the changes I think will be the most innocuous that end up being controversial. You wouldn't mind if I used this in the next version of Biomod, with credit of course, would you?

And G-Flex, do you intend to add any of your fixes to DXv2? Some of them change the balance of the game a bit and wouldn't be appropriate, but a lot of them would fit right in and help get it that much closer to being something releasable.
dx_blaster
Thug

Post by dx_blaster »

Hi Lork!
Lork wrote:Funny, it's always the changes I think will be the most innocuous that end up being controversial. You wouldn't mind if I used this in the next version of Biomod, with credit of course, would you?
With pleasure, be my guest. As i just made your Autosave feature only littel more handy I'm glad to hear you like it :) Hope you can follow my little howto instruction (i fear my phrasing is very bad and too complicated).

I have just updated the textures (only a small thing: the DPI setting where not correct).
so if you allready downloaded the file, please grap it again, thx.
Attachments
DesuEx_Autosave_Source_v1.02.zip
Updated to V1.02, simplified some code. fixed more typos.
(59.17 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
Last edited by dx_blaster on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
wbr
DX_Blaster
sorry for my bad English it is not my native tongue

latest cool thing i found on the net:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy ... r_embedded
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

DDL wrote:Thing about those is that they're

A) not terrible obvious, and
B) kinda fun

In that I mean the inventory exploit, for instance, is something I have never used. I know it exists, and if I wanted to try a heavy weapons only playthrough, it would be something I'd exploit the shit out of, but beyond that it seems so 'specific to people who actively want to cheat' that fixing it is pointless. It would be like recoding it to make "set deusex.human bcheatsenabled true" do nothing: all it does is annoy those who were actively cheating for shits 'n giggles already. Or people playtesting shit.

And the rest are simply exploits of the less than perfectly designed conversation system, and as such are both massively contextual (you need to make sure every inventory slot is full, and in some cases I believe you need to also have at least one instance of the transferred item in your inventory already), and massively situational: they are valid for one conversation and one conversation only.
I like Shifter's approach of disabling exploits like these unless you have cheats turned on, so that's what I did for the inventory glitch. I have no idea how to fix the conversation-based bugs, but I'd probably want to do the same for those. Maybe. It's hard to say, because those are something that can happen accidentally.
Lork wrote:And G-Flex, do you intend to add any of your fixes to DXv2? Some of them change the balance of the game a bit and wouldn't be appropriate, but a lot of them would fit right in and help get it that much closer to being something releasable.
I was planning on it, and would appreciate having commit privileges on that project. I would of course only implement the least controversial (or most obviously bug-fixing) things, although some things might be up in the air, like the firing spread and laser fixes (since those are very obvious fixes for bad game behavior but also affect balance).

Unfortunately, things are delayed a bit since I just moved to a new place and my computer won't connect to the blasted LAN here. Until I get that taken care of, I don't know how much work I'll be doing. When I do get started on it again, my first priorities will be fixing up scope/binoculars FoV and adding HDTP support to my mod, then taking a look at the 2.0 project and seeing what I can incorporate there. Kind of a strange process, starting with 2.0, adding a bunch of my own things, then copying some of those things back to 2.0. Heh.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

There's also infinite biocells from the seller in Paris cafe (where you find Nicolette).

Anyways, fixing it should be easy, I do it in TNM 1.0.4+ after all. Add in a check if the person has the item in question (aug update, medpack). If true, ignore the "no space" message, take money anyway, set all the flags, done. If not, take it to the regular unmodified line which has a 'nospace' cop-out.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Neveos wrote:Good point, and personally, I use the turn left, look up, and center view functions a lot when I want to play with one hand... the other hand is usually petting my pussy... cat... no seriously, there are many times when I am test playing my map and I'm multitasking a burrito in my other hand... a literal burrito... not a phallic burrito. Yeah... let's just say it makes the game playable with one hand.
Why would you play a shooter with one hand? I really don't see the point in those keys being there, they just clutter up the list.

At least make the important keys near the top rather than lost somewhere down in the list. And maybe rename the 'F12' bind to "Light Aug" so people know to bind F to that to get a conventional game flashlight. That'd at least go some way to fixing the mess that is the keyboard settings.
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

@Lork

I fucking LOVE MARATHON!!! I was force fed Mac and that's the only games I played back in 95 and they were MY LIFE. YOUR COOL
DaveW wrote:
Neveos wrote:Good point, and personally, I use the turn left, look up, and center view functions a lot when I want to play with one hand... the other hand is usually petting my pussy... cat... no seriously, there are many times when I am test playing my map and I'm multitasking a burrito in my other hand... a literal burrito... not a phallic burrito. Yeah... let's just say it makes the game playable with one hand.
Why would you play a shooter with one hand? I really don't see the point in those keys being there, they just clutter up the list.
I dunno, the only way I can describe it is... I'm in the llama temple and no one is hostile, and I don't want to have to keep both arms up on top of the laptop table when I'm just talking to people.
And maybe rename the 'F12' bind to "Light Aug" so people know to bind F to that to get a conventional game flashlight. That'd at least go some way to fixing the mess that is the keyboard settings.
I agree with this, but I think that the augs are currently indivisible from the f-keys. This frustrated me because I got sick of kicking on the light aug everytime I enabled ENB series. And the assignment the game comes up with will vary. For instance, f3 is usually ballistic protection... unless you type the cheat allaugs, and then it isn't even the alternative, it is cloak.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

The other augs do vary what F-key they're on, I think. But F12 is always the light aug, so there wouldn't be a problem renaming that key.
doog1114
Mole Person

Post by doog1114 »

Hey, I think I've found a problem with this fan patch. If I try to play with an untrained athletics skill, I'm unable to jump over some of the most basic ledges. One example is on the rooftops of the warehouse district. I've become stuck up there. As soon as I put some points into the athletics skill, it's easy to jump over the ledges again, but I wouldn't imagine that being an intentional feature. Otherwise, so far so good. Thanks a lot for this great patch.
revel911
Thug

Post by revel911 »

For those of you are using the ENB Series, I just want to test it over the additions of DX10.

What Renderer are you using from Kentie's startup that will let me bring ENB up? I have tried it with Open GL, but Shift + F12 does nothing.
dx_blaster
Thug

Post by dx_blaster »

revel911 wrote:For those of you are using the ENB Series, I just want to test it over the additions of DX10.

What Renderer are you using from Kentie's startup that will let me bring ENB up? I have tried it with Open GL, but Shift + F12 does nothing.
The ENB Series only works on DirectX 9.0
-> Use D3D9 renderer, can be found here (as well a new OpenGL renderer):
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

edit: outdated, use nerdenstein's link
[s]Here thats the original DeusEx ENB Sereies site, it has an how to:
http://www.helderpinto.com/deusex-ultra ... y-mod-v01/[/s]

@board admins:
a <strike></strike> option would be nice :smile:
or can some one plz tell how to do that here, thx.
Last edited by dx_blaster on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
wbr
DX_Blaster
sorry for my bad English it is not my native tongue

latest cool thing i found on the net:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vV ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy ... r_embedded
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

That link has the HDTP demo and an old version of ENB.
Newer version here; http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex/addo ... ies-latest
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
revel911
Thug

Post by revel911 »

I have the DX9 items set up and when the game loads I do get the ENB message on the top left, but it immediately crashes when I hit a button!

Also, I am guessing that I do not get New Visions updated textures since it is not using DX10?
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Any error messages?

Also, you can still get NV Textures with DX9. You just need to make sure SCT3=True. I think that's the line, but that's coming from memory and I have no way of checking it. Could you check for the line in the deusex.ini under the DX9 renderer settings? It'll be something similar to that.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

nerdenstein wrote:Any error messages?

Also, you can still get NV Textures with DX9. You just need to make sure SCT3=True. I think that's the line, but that's coming from memory and I have no way of checking it. Could you check for the line in the deusex.ini under the DX9 renderer settings? It'll be something similar to that.
UseS3TC=True :)
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional