Project 2027 - News?

Dedicated to the discussion of OTP and Deus Ex in general.

Moderators: Master_Kale, TNM Team

Merrin
Thug

Re: Project 2027 - News?

Post by Merrin »

Hey Guys,

I just started playing this today.

Does anyone know where to find that armsdealer Eric?
I just stole the investigation files for the Shadow Legions and now Im about to face off with the Judicans.
So if it is possible at this point, id be grateful for some hints on his whereabouts :mrgreen:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I think you have to call him on a phone.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DimaS
Mole Person

Post by DimaS »

Merrin wrote: Does anyone know where to find that armsdealer Eric?
viewtopic.php?p=96352#p96352

Place is marked as Arms Dealer.
Ded
Mole Person

Post by Ded »

You can use Google maps to find most of the places you need in 2027's Moscow:
Yauzskiy boulevard: http://g.co/maps/b8d85
Pushkin square: http://g.co/maps/ajc3c
Attachments
Yauzskiy boulevard
Yauzskiy boulevard
Pushkin square
Pushkin square
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Dude that's pretty badass! Not bad on the accuracy either, you should've put those in the game as datavault images :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Here's something fun which probably goes in the "unintended consequences" category I found when I was playing around with 2027: You can mine things. Not in the way you think, but you can turn on the EMP aug and then throw one of your LAMs and then it will go where you throw it and fall harmlessly to the ground. The interesting part of this is some of the human NPCs will treat it like a live LAM round and run back and forth trying to avoid the blast. I reckon the reaction is still valid from the combat AI since you could go ahead and shoot the LAM, blowing it up. But the most advantageous situations I've found are in enclosed areas where you can barricade a spot and literally hold the NPCs at a distance while you pick them off (assuming you didn't leave the AI a hole to run through). Now metallic enemies just keep coming, so it doesn't seem to work in that way.

But I found that interesting and thought it would be interesting to share.
Ded
Mole Person

Post by Ded »

Awesome, I didn't know about that.
OneLastBattleFGJ
Thug

Post by OneLastBattleFGJ »

This mod is beautiful. The combat is just so awesome.

On the other hand, being stealthy is basically impossible at some points or otherwise absurdly silly hard, something TNM and Vanilla didn't have. Also, there are a handful of weird events/glitches that occur

One particular one: If you side with the Asuras and see them in the Thanatos area, you can do any number of silly things that the game doesn't recognize. Attack the Asuras where they stand and kill them all. First thing, if you walk in to loot the corpses, Titan attempts to "STOP YOU!", apparently he finds corpse looting distasteful or fears you associating with Cyclops' dead body. Next, even if you walk in and Titan tries to kill you, he doesn't so much as acknowledge his murder attempt if you go for his route anyway. Finally, despite killing all the Asuras in their area, helping Titan will still result in exactly as many as you killed (+ 2 spidey bots) coming after you, though Cyclops doesn't do his "brave new world" speech
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

OneLastBattleFGJ wrote: First thing, if you walk in to loot the corpses, Titan attempts to "STOP YOU!", apparently he finds corpse looting distasteful or fears you associating with Cyclops' dead body.
Yeah this is weird, for sure. My favorite is killing Cyclops, getting the "you got what you deserved" speech, then running right in and getting the "ZOMG I can't let you do that" speech right afterwards.

Another weird thing too, it doesn't seem to recognize it when you start blowing up the Asuras in terms of their mission either succeeding or failing. I'd have to try doing the Asuras mission afterwards to see if it lets me to be sure, but it would be incredibly weird if you could blow them all up but Cyclops and still finish that mission.

Edit: Yep, can blow all the Asuras up but Cyclops and get his offer. But shoot just one of them dead and it's off the table.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Another couple or three things:
1. I notice there's a distinct difficulty (reloading 3-4 times even) in tasering the seated MJ12 trooper (you know the guy with the armory key). Any way to fix this? It's probably a screwy DX collision thing causing it, or I'm not knowing how to handle it. It's easy to say "get him before he's seated", but he usually is by the time I get the riot prod and lock pick and get back over there.
2. On that level, what is the big thing in the basement? Project T? And what is that specifically. I don't think the story line explained it too well. My best guess is that they were developing Titan (is Vladimir one of the ones in the map somewhere? And if he is, is there a way you can find him and get a "oh yeah, you're that guy from 2 years ago...")
3. Speaking of Vladimir, if you get his gun, how useful is it to you? I'm finding it hard to stay scoped (so you can be accurate and not receive the scope penalty) and not get slaughtered because the thing pulls too much anyway. Does anyone like getting this gun and using it?
DimaS
Mole Person

Post by DimaS »

ggrotz wrote:Another couple or three things:
2. On that level, what is the big thing in the basement? Project T? And what is that specifically. I don't think the story line explained it too well. My best guess is that they were developing Titan (is Vladimir one of the ones in the map somewhere? And if he is, is there a way you can find him and get a "oh yeah, you're that guy from 2 years ago...")
I think this is a prototype of Thanatos.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote:Another couple or three things:
And something else I just noticed:

4. There's a shipping box at the base of the hill at Mount Weather with a chair, a rifle and a couple of 9mm clips. There's a guy in there I try to take out, but I can't do it. Can fire and fire and fire and nothing happens. Usually have to draw him out of there to be able to do anything to him...
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Ded wrote:You can use Google maps to find most of the places you need in 2027's Moscow:
Yauzskiy boulevard: http://g.co/maps/b8d85
Pushkin square: http://g.co/maps/ajc3c

I see you have 3 Panels marked but I am unable to find a 4th for the side quest. I have the one by the club where you initially get the quest, the one by the basketball court, and the one by the Chinese restaurant.

Where is the one I am missing?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Undisputed wrote: I see you have 3 Panels marked but I am unable to find a 4th for the side quest. I have the one by the club where you initially get the quest, the one by the basketball court, and the one by the Chinese restaurant.

Go to the subway station. There's an office off to the side right by the tracks. Follow the tunnel/vent that is in there until you see it along the wall. (and actually I wouldn't define it as a side quest - you'll see it once you get it done)
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

ggrotz wrote:
Undisputed wrote: I see you have 3 Panels marked but I am unable to find a 4th for the side quest. I have the one by the club where you initially get the quest, the one by the basketball court, and the one by the Chinese restaurant.

Go to the subway station. There's an office off to the side right by the tracks. Follow the tunnel/vent that is in there until you see it along the wall. (and actually I wouldn't define it as a side quest - you'll see it once you get it done)
Thanks a bunch