Patch 1.0.4 requests

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Kman
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.4 requests

Post by Kman »

Don't know if this would be unreasonable but I would like some more of the houses in Goat City to be opened up, maybe with some Cult members in them and some interesting/funny props or things in them. The whole Goat City was a bit disappointing because I was expecting a huge open city like the Forum City areas with interesting locales, instead it only had about 3 major places.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yes I'm sorry Kman, I appreciate the suggestion but that is grossly unreasonable :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Justsomeguy2
Thug

Post by Justsomeguy2 »

Maybe if you pay Clark or whatever his name is on the WC side he can give you 7C or whatever clearance so you can enter the WC sub leveland not get attacked but it cost like 2600 or something or maybe a small side quest rather then paying.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

that guy wrote:You actually can't even set the inventory of a pawn in UEd. However you can set a list of inventory items that, when the pawns inventory is initialised, get transfered into the pawns inventory. That property does not exist for carcii so, no, they do not work the same. Of course technically you could adjust the corpses inventory at run-time to include the key instead of knocking out the pawn but it would be a hassle when you can just set the inventory of the pawn in ued (keeping in mind the code to knock out the pawn would have been ripped out of the mission script for the deus ex training).
Sorry to chime in late (and be fractious -You're out of practice, Shane ;) ), but you can set the initialinventory of carcasses, as they work the same way as pawns for that. The problem is down to the nanokey itself: normal inventory items are totally non-unique (summon weaponpistol is always going to give you a usable, generic, weaponpistol). They have no individual actor-specific properties (one weaponpistol is always the same as another weaponpistol). Nanokeys are different, as they have

A) four different clearance level skins
B) a nanokey ID (determines which door they work for) and
C) a description that appears on your list (i.e. "key to the locker" or whatever)

none of which can be specified when all you can enter in initialinventory is "class of item, number of items of that class".

So the DX folks coded up the pickupdistributor, which despite the generic-sounding name, is actually PURELY for nanokeys. You give it all the information you want your nanokey to have (A B and C, above), and name a pawn for it to give it to. Then at startup it finds that pawn, spawns a nanokey, gives it all those properties, and gives it to the pawn.

It's pawn-specific. They didn't add functionality for it giving keys to carcasses, so it can't do that. You cannot, therefore, give a nanokey to a carcass: you have to do the "pickupdistributor to pawn, kill/KO pawn" route.

Er..yeah. Here endeth the lesson? 8-[
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I have :(
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I didn't get any of my video capture options to work, so ... I used the time I set aside to capture DX movies to start a first TNM run-through instead. I don't know if any of these things have been addressed or not, so here goes. They're more gameplay oriented issues than what I would consider personal preference ones relating to the maps, like adequately finding way points, keys to locked doors and so on.

1. I got a crash when I ran across the Goats and the unconscious Llama in downtown before I talked to Abomination. I don't know if it's repeatable, since I loaded an old save game and I did it the other way after a little bit of research. But it might be worth checking things to see if they handle "out of order" stuff well.

2. The thing that crashed the most for me in the game mentioned something like "Galaxy" something or other. I guess something sound-related?

3. I got locked out of ABI because I couldn't get the opposition taken care of before it closed. I ghosted through it and went on my way.

4. My major cause of death? Failed fire extinguishers which would stick on -2 ammo with 2 clips to spare and would put up a message saying "this can not be reloaded" or some such thing. I could use the same fire extinguisher later, so it seems like there's a bug somewhere.

5. Random Q: Is there a place where you can buy medkits? Seems odd to me that that item is the only one that seems to not be purchasable. Or have I not run into where I could yet?

Things look good (for most part) for what I've seen so far (playing as PDX/Llama on this playthrough).
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

ggrotz wrote:Is there a place where you can buy medkits? Seems odd to me that that item is the only one that seems to not be purchasable.
No there is not a place where you can buy medkits. And no, it is not the only one that cannot be purchased. Biolectric cells are similarly exempt from the market.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

ggrotz wrote:3. I got locked out of ABI because I couldn't get the opposition taken care of before it closed. I ghosted through it and went on my way.
I don't think that's what you mean, since that's the second to last mission of the game. Maybe you're mixing up the acronyms?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

ggrotz wrote:
2. The thing that crashed the most for me in the game mentioned something like "Galaxy" something or other. I guess something sound-related?
A few of us have run into that one. I hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3340&start=15

As apoint of interest, do you find that happens more often when you load a quicksave?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:I don't think that's what you mean, since that's the second to last mission of the game. Maybe you're mixing up the acronyms?
I apologize if I am not being clear, or I'm not remembering correctly. You secure Kevo-sama's services as a helicopter pilot, who flies you to the ABI site (you start after a cut-scene). He sets you down in front of a tunnel. Fight through that, and then you come to a gate with these two flamethrower turrets on either side. Evil Invasion says "oh I can open this gate", and does. But meanwhile I'm trying to deal with the opposition and in the process the gate closes, and I can't get through. It just may be called something differently, but I'm just remembering that my progress got stopped because I couldn't get through the gate in time and it wouldn't reopen.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jaedar wrote:No there is not a place where you can buy medkits. And no, it is not the only one that cannot be purchased. Biolectric cells are similarly exempt from the market.
Right, I kind of figured there wouldn't be. And you are right about the biocells, too. I just didn't miss them as much as the medkits because I always kept finding them and hardly ever had to use my augs.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

ggrotz wrote:
Jonas wrote:
ggrotz wrote: I don't think that's what you mean, since that's the second to last mission of the game. Maybe you're mixing up the acronyms?
I apologize if I am not being clear, or I'm not remembering correctly. You secure Kevo-sama's services as a helicopter pilot, who flies you to the ABI site (you start after a cut-scene). He sets you down in front of a tunnel. Fight through that, and then you come to a gate with these two flamethrower turrets on either side. Evil Invasion says "oh I can open this gate", and does. But meanwhile I'm trying to deal with the opposition and in the process the gate closes, and I can't get through. It just may be called something differently, but I'm just remembering that my progress got stopped because I couldn't get through the gate in time and it wouldn't reopen.
Yeah, you only have limited time before they close after Evil srarts talking. If you have the speed aug there are some crates you can use to get over the fence :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

If you don't have the speed aug you'll have to backtrack and go in through the other route.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:If you don't have the speed aug you'll have to backtrack and go in through the other route.
Okay, I wasn't patient enough there. I'll find it when it comes time for the next playthrough, I'm sure. BTW, I finished up the one I mentioned. Very well done, it seems, except for the personal nitpicks that I referred to earlier (and haven't gone into).

Next playthrough, I'll have to research the eggs and the odd occurrances for the Narcissus ending and try it. It will a WC/goats playthrough, I think.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Guys, we need testers for patch 1.0.4. I'm pretty sure it's done and working, but we need to check if it works. If you're up for it, please send us a mail at the main TNM address and include the current version number of your mod install. You'll be sent a link to the new patch and asked to install it and check a couple of specific things.

Thanks in advance.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine