Roleplay "missions"

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
johnnyvice
Mole Person

Roleplay "missions"

Post by johnnyvice »

I like to take a break from work sometimes and just run through a simple mission, or just finding creative ways to do things. The Awesome work of DX let's you feel like a ninja, a private investigator, a Rambo or a thug, and some additions to TNM expand that ability exponentially.

So I want to know of any "what if" scenarios that people set up and will contribute with my ideas.

In vanilla DX, there is the obvious "Assassination of Mrs. Chow" Scenario. I remember trying dozens of different approaches back at the time, from breaking the ceiling glass and killing her before hitting the floor, to going on a "ninja rampage", using only DR's katana and throwing knives, but having a stealh pistol for emergencies.

The introduction of gas masks actually cutting part of your sight allows for very interesting Terrorist/CounterTerrorist "missions". Yesterday I had quite some fun pretending Sol's was the hideout of a rebel taskforce led by kylie, and I should kill her leaving no witnesses.
Setup: 2 Gas mask (used only one), Gas nades, Assault rifle, pistol, knive and fists (for Jackie, you don't want her shooting you in the back after you throw gas in the room.
Mission: Kill everyone, no witnesses. Not even the guy at the restroom.

As I said, I'm just starting to think about it, and these are probably thing someone else already did (Killing Chow is actually part of the story so), but I would like to see what people would come up with.
johnnyvice
Mole Person

Re: Roleplay "missions"

Post by johnnyvice »

New Scenario!

Llamas and Goats are great because unlike the factions in DX they hate each other by default. But what if they engage each other in places where people are not allowed to use guns? And what if Kylie was there, just minding her own business and hoping for an excuse to shoot people?

So I placed 4 Llamas and Abom in the mains room of Sol's, and arranged for an attack by summoning DT and some goats on the hallway.

Should have recorded the results!

As the Goats invade the place, both cults pull their weapons. Jackie finally realizes she should have know better than letting goats in a bar crawling with llamas and tries to solve the situation with her best siplomatical tool, the sotgun.

Both cults have a hard time engaging each other, as Jackie is distracting the Goats and the llamas are being onslaughted by KG. It soons becomes a Mexican standoff between Abom, KG and Jackie (more of a 3-way let-it-all shootout actually) both DarkTemplar and AO are running in terror. Civilians not only get caught in the crossfire, but also fall victim to KG's bitchy rifle when she is not engaging the other two.

Jackie finally manages to outskill Abom on close range, while Kylie executes AO (seriously, lousy performance for a former PDXCIS). It becomes a battle between the hottest modded chicks, with remaining civies laying low on the dance floor and DT somehow still alive, hiding in the females restroom.

But, you know, Abom didn't die before taking some health from Jackie while KG was just shooting random civilians. and KG is "powered by WorldCorp (and designed to be a Final Boss). So KG wins. She then proceeds to kill some of the remaining witnesses, including Dark Templar (Still in the Bathroom, "what a rotten way to die.")

Best part: since I just stayed out of trouble, no one there actually became hostile to me, wich not only made this report possible, but also made Kylie talk to me about how I should listen to Mr. King, almost ignoring the mindblowing events that just happened.
Attachments
DT' coward body
DT' coward body
AO's body is next to the alarm, and the ones in the hallway are all goat templars. Didn't live much after being pierced by Jackie and Abom
AO's body is next to the alarm, and the ones in the hallway are all goat templars. Didn't live much after being pierced by Jackie and Abom
johnnyvice
Mole Person

Post by johnnyvice »

Okay, after posting this, found some survivors of the incident. One of the top floor club patrons was wise to keep himself upstairs, the other one lies dead in the staircase. One of the dancing girls and the patron with "MAX CREW" written on his back also survived, somehow managed to keep out of KG's sight long enough for her to grow bored of praticing her aim on innocents. The dancing girl went back to dancing alone. Kinda funny thing to think about... (=P)
Novaci
Thug

Post by Novaci »

Roleplaying in Deus Ex or TNM is ridiculously fun, especially since I usually just console any items I need for my setups, meaning I can use any setup I want. I usually play as a Sniper, picking off all my targets with ZP's rifle. Fun times.
I'm Novaci/Daniel, teenager, lazy, professional Necromancer.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I really liked your after action report! Thanks for taking the time to write that up :D

If you want to feel like a real ninja, try playing through the BettyTech labs and getting to Ryan without being spotted by anyone. If the game scripting still works as intended, he will be pretty impressed.

And as for pretending to be SWAT and going in with gas, the early mission in the Downtown district to free the Llama scout from the Goat hideout in the condemned building should be perfect for that. Just spawn a couple gas grenades and a gas mask with cheat codes, toss the grenades in through the windows, and lay down the law with impunity.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
johnnyvice
Mole Person

Post by johnnyvice »

Jonas wrote:I really liked your after action report! Thanks for taking the time to write that up :D

If you want to feel like a real ninja, try playing through the BettyTech labs and getting to Ryan without being spotted by anyone. If the game scripting still works as intended, he will be pretty impressed.

And as for pretending to be SWAT and going in with gas, the early mission in the Downtown district to free the Llama scout from the Goat hideout in the condemned building should be perfect for that. Just spawn a couple gas grenades and a gas mask with cheat codes, toss the grenades in through the windows, and lay down the law with impunity.
You kidding? It was the least I could do after seeing THAT much action. next time I join the fight. And maybe record it.
Still thinking of places where it would be fun to place Llamas and Goats. I can guess that anywhere close to the firewall barricades Downtown would look nice.
Also, will invade Goat City tonight with 10+ Llamas. No Abomination though, slight overkill taking him with me. =/

That stealth mode in ABI looks like a reeeeally good challenge, will try for sure. I'm in DXI now. When they hear steps and start getting all worked up but can't actually see you, does it count? and do the wolves count?

I'm actually playing a more balanced Trestkon in this PDX playtrhough. (knive, pistol, assault rifle, sniper rifle, PHATRifle, Quad and different nades and mines...), but i still have a save file of my "ninja" run, With cloak and run silent augs, AO's pistol, DR's Katana, silenced sniper rifle, prod and blow pipe. But somehow I lost all but one file last time formatted, and it's already at the Death Beam Console. =(

Any other places have scripts for people surprised their defenses couldn't even spot you?
Quincel
Thug

Post by Quincel »

Yeah, we definitely need to know what counts for the ABI stealth script. Really want to try that now.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

My favorite for TNM still is the one-man cultist invasion. Pick a group and then go in and take 'em out using nothing but cultist dinnerware. The Goat Cult is perhaps the most fun one doing that with.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Don't worry about the wolves, I believe you only have to remain unspotted in the labs themselves - even the ruins don't count.

And to answer the other question, IIRC it's tied to the same AI function that triggers the combat music. So if you hear combat music, you know you messed it up.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
kelseyradley
Thug

Post by kelseyradley »

It's fantastic that you're enjoying exploring creative scenarios and "what if" situations in games like Deus Ex and The Nameless Mod. Creating your own challenges and scenarios can add a whole new level of fun and replayability to the games.

Stealth Mastermind: Set up a scenario where you need to infiltrate a heavily guarded compound without being detected. You must take out all guards silently using non-lethal takedowns and avoid triggering any alarms. Rainbow Friends: Chapter 2