Question about TNM unlockables and restoring saves

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
pl1982
Thug

Question about TNM unlockables and restoring saves

Post by pl1982 »

Hi there,

Again a massive thank you for this incredible mod. Just 2 quick questions; hopefully a dev can answer them (or anyone knowledgeable on them):

1. What exactly is unlockable in the game by playing through it multiple times or finding secrets/easter eggs? Is it just the radish adventure or are there other things as well (like weapons, dialogue, etc.)?
2. How exactly does on go about restoring one's saves or state with easter eggs after say formatting your pc? Do you backup the tnmuser.ini from "Documents\Deus Ex\TNM\System" and then just copy it back on a clean install? Is this all there is to it or are there any other files (like the save games themselves) that need to be backed up and restored as well?

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me regarding this and thanks again for the mod.

-phillon
ggrotz
X-51

Re: Question about TNM unlockables and restoring saves

Post by ggrotz »

pl1982 wrote: 1. What exactly is unlockable in the game by playing through it multiple times or finding secrets/easter eggs? Is it just the radish adventure or are there other things as well (like weapons, dialogue, etc.)?
The second game through will give you the opportunity to buy the fire sword off of Raving Nutter.
The Narcissus ending will give you a time slow down key.
pl1982 wrote: 2. How exactly does on go about restoring one's saves or state with easter eggs after say formatting your pc? Do you backup the tnmuser.ini from "Documents\Deus Ex\TNM\System" and then just copy it back on a clean install?
Back up your TNM.INI and TNMUSER.INI and you'll get all the unlockables/easter eggs.
pl1982
Thug

Post by pl1982 »

Thank you very much for the feedback ggrotz; it has answered my question.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

The easter egg setting is essentially just an integer where each bit represents whether you have a specific egg. It get's XORed against a particular key. If you know the key you can just set the ini setting directly to that to unlock all the eggs. Unfortunately I don't recall what it is anymore.
MeskY
Thug

Post by MeskY »

How could I unlock these by modifiying the files. (I lost all my savegames)
Last edited by MeskY on Sat May 09, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Look in TNMUser.ini and find the line near the bottom that starts with "eggs". Mine is set to eggs=45801, though I don't recall what that means off the top of my head. I don't think it means they're all discovered. If you google around a bit you might be able to find the right number to put there to unlock every egg.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Or you can find all of them again in another fun playthrough ;)
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
MeskY
Thug

Post by MeskY »

Jonas wrote:Look in TNMUser.ini and find the line near the bottom that starts with "eggs". Mine is set to eggs=45801, though I don't recall what that means off the top of my head. I don't think it means they're all discovered. If you google around a bit you might be able to find the right number to put there to unlock every egg.
Yup, that's the setting for all the eggs discovered. I just wonder, why is Trestkon invisible?
Being a soldier isn't just following orders, it's following those orders in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we're not soldiers anymore, just pieces on a chess board dying for the wrong reason.