High Brow TNM Reviews

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: High Brow TNM Reviews

Post by Jonas »

Damn you shoulda waited a couple of months and then you'd have a full two-year necropost! Missed opportunity.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Not only that, she didn't even give an update. Early next month it will be two years since she said she'd play The Nameless Mod, but I see nothing indicating what she thought of it after actually playing it, if she did in fact play it. (The post quoted in this thread appears to have been written before she decided that she would eventually play it.)

-

Largely unrelated, RPG Codex seems to be a pretty terrible place. When I tried to see if she'd ever written a follow up to her post saying she'd play TNM I got a taste of some of the shit she's had to put up with simply for being female. That should not happen.

Er, assuming denizsi is actually female. Failing that, I got a taste of what he had to put up with simply because people think he's female. Either way, no one should have to put up with that shit.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Gamer misogyny needs to be killed with fire :?

Here is a wonderfully sarcastic website about that:
http://fatuglyorslutty.com/
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

chris the cynic wrote: Largely unrelated, RPG Codex seems to be a pretty terrible place.
Nah, it is quite cosy once you get used to the wailing of trolls and haters. I highly recommend the LP subforum if nothing else, some pretty cool things over there and almost entirely free of the above.

This thread was quite entertaining, glad it got necroposted so I found it.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Jaedar wrote:
chris the cynic wrote: Largely unrelated, RPG Codex seems to be a pretty terrible place.
Nah, it is quite cosy once you get used to the wailing of trolls and haters.
I'm not sure how to respond to this, I have stuff to say, but it would require repeating things I don't want to repeat.

I look at what you say, I look at the first result I got on google when I looked for her name on RPG Codex. The two don't seem able to coexist.

I get that you will always have trolls, but there's no reason they need to be tolerated. For a simple example, that shit wouldn't fly here. I'm not sure how cozy a place can be that tolerates that level of sexual harassment. For that matter, I'm not sure how cozy a place can be that tolerates any level of sexual harassment.

Sure, I can assume that people doing it are all trolls, but then where the fuck are the regulars? Why are they putting up with it? Does no one have mod power? Because as much as I'm for free and open discourse, there is a time and a place for the ban hammer to come out.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahahahah! You guys must be pretty proud of yourselves, getting people to speak from "dark dump spaces." :lol:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

chris the cynic wrote: Sure, I can assume that people doing it are all trolls, but then where the fuck are the regulars? Why are they putting up with it? Does no one have mod power? Because as much as I'm for free and open discourse, there is a time and a place for the ban hammer to come out.
I'm going to assume that you are talking about something that happened in general discussion and that place has no rules. But just as well, you don't have to go there. You won't go there by mistake and judging the entire Codex for what happens in general discussion is a bit unfair as it doesn't represent the forum as a whole.

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51865
Take that LP thread for example. It is quite paradoxical perhaps, but the codex is a big place so to speak. I never read general discussion ever, so I never encounter the truly offensive stuff. And the other subforums have more rules although they are still very lite.

Not saying you should become a member, just saying you shouldn't judge the entire forum for what some users are responsible for.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
TheUnbeholden
NSF

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Jonas wrote:
Zeitgeist wrote:I guarantee that each one of these people own copies of Halo, Call of Duty: World at War, Gears of War 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
Hey, I own Halo 2, CoD5, and R6V2, and I thought GoW2 was great fun :(
I thought Gears of War 2 was far to similar to the previous game, and before I could really notice any changes to the game, it was already almost finished. Honestly it felt like Gears of War 1.5 to me. Still fun though.
"Blood is a Passion"
Grunker
Thug

Post by Grunker »

The amount of guesswork and child-like rebuttals of the same style you critize the "reviewers" of having in this thread is, if nothing else, quite amusing.

TNM is a great mod, but this comment
terthos wrote:Bet they didn't like Deus Ex either.
is pretty stereotypical for the way this thread handles criticism of TNM :lol:

(that is to say, not very constructively, which is ironic considering that the very fact this thread is accusing the "reviews" for is lack of constructive criticism)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Really? You revived an 8 months old thread to say that?

Thanks for your contribution :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Grunker
Thug

Post by Grunker »

Didn't look at the date, obviously, got linked to here ;)

Og ærlig talt, i har lavet et fantastisk mod, så i har ingen grund til at gå så meget i forsvarsposition.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Heh :P I know we're a couple of Danes here and at least one Swede, but let's stick to English, eh?

This whole thread is sort of a defense mechanism, we're aware that what we've made is pretty... remarkable, but I think the fact that we've put so much of ourselves into it and got nothing out of it except feedback and padding for the portfolios makes us a little more sensitive to criticism than we would've been if we were doing this for money.

Anyway this is a pretty old thread and it was started when we'd yet to gain any real recognition for what we'd done, we were still a bit anxious about how it might be received. We needed a place to "fight back" against the negative voices, so to speak. I think we're a little more secure in the noteworthiness of our work now that we've got the coverage and the accolades that we got, so we're better equipped for weathering the storm, so to speak.

That's why I objected to your necromancy. The thread is a product of a different stage in the development of the mod, and it should be seen as such :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Grunker
Thug

Post by Grunker »

'kay, in that case, disregard my comments. And thanks for the mod.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Absolutely unrelated, but I just saw ctc's "Human Encyclopaedia" rank. Aka "The talking Deus Ex Almanac". :D
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional