Audio

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Orak
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Orak »

Trestkon wrote: That's exciting, congratulations :D

Boy, girl, surprise?
Thanks :). Not a surprise, but I can't say - sworn to secrecy!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Orak wrote:Hi. It really does depend on when you want them all for. As you can see lately I've been very slow due to being very busy, not to mention my missus about to have our third kid
Congratulations! Another mouth to feed, eh? Maybe you should stop working for us for free and concentrate on actual paying work! :lol:
Is there any chance of getting all the original files like before?
Of course! Here are the cavern tracks:

http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/PACKA ... mbient.ogg
http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/PACKA ... _Death.ogg

Those are the only specific tracks to that level, we use your Ruins tracks for combat and conversation.

And here are the MCR tracks which are used for two similar maps, the MCR and the HQ:

http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/PACKA ... _Death.ogg
http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/PACKA ... mbient.ogg
http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/PACKA ... Combat.ogg
http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/PACKA ... sation.ogg

The convo track is especially important here because it's used for a pre-boss-fight conversation (but also for some relatively tragic hologram recordings, so I'm afraid you can't compose specifically with the boss fight in mind).
I'd imagine it wants to be sparse and eeire for caverns? Something more ambient than normal?
Exactly, that would be great. They look quite impressive in the game, almost like a cathedral of sorts, with sharp rocks protruding from a lake of lava.

Since we already have tracks we could use for this if you don't make it in time, there's really no rush. I imagine you'll be busy enough with diaper-changing and spoon-feeding in the near future, but do you think you could have it done before the end of... May or something?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Orak
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Orak »

End of May shouldn't be a problem.

As for the tracks, I was rather hoping we oculd get the actual raw files that Redd used as before (or weren't they his?)

To be honest, there's not really a lot I can do with just the oggs. Not a problem with the caverns as I'll just go from scratch, but I doubt I could do much with the existing MCR ones.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hmm.

Do you recall how we got a hold of the source files before?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Orak
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Orak »

Jonas wrote:Hmm.

Do you recall how we got a hold of the source files before?
I think I'm getting confused - the ABI stuff I did wasn't Redd was it, it was someone else? If so, then we haven't had raw stuff from Redd.

No matter, I'll work on the Caverns (maybe the death as well), and see where I'm at then. If I have time, it may be easier and quicker to work on MCR from scratch. But I'll see waht I can do with the oggs.

Don't panic, I'm sure we'll get there :)
Orak
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Orak »

HAving just listened to MCR ambient, I take it that needs to be a pretty spooky one too?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah the MCR does have kind of a spooky ambience, though the track definitely makes it worse. Way way worse. You don't have to make it QUITE that spooky, but if you do, it'll be perfectly fine. As you can probably tell, I'm affording you quite a bit of latitude here :P

And no, the ABI tracks were made by Sensei, that's the difference. DXI was made by Redd, and he's AWOL. But like I said, if you don't do the MCR we'll make do with what we got. Hopefully people won't mind that nothing there loops.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Briguy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Briguy »

Jonas and Orak, Hello there. It's been months since Ive been around due to work and moving aound for business. Any way Orak you mentioned you were looking for raw tracks , that arent seeming to fit to well. I can provide the raw tracks in a wav form but Jonas or trest will have to get a hold of me. I this is the case, I will email jonas with my contact info and discuss at that time. Good to see the project is still going on.
Redd
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey Brian! Good to see you here. I think it's actually been well over a year since your last appearance here, I'm quite surprised to see you! But welcome back :D

You can send me your contact info and I'll make sure Steve gets your raw tracks so we don't waste your work.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Briguy wrote:Jonas and Orak, Hello there. It's been months since Ive been around due to work and moving aound for business. Any way Orak you mentioned you were looking for raw tracks , that arent seeming to fit to well. I can provide the raw tracks in a wav form but Jonas or trest will have to get a hold of me. I this is the case, I will email jonas with my contact info and discuss at that time. Good to see the project is still going on.
Wow, it's been WAY over a year, actually. 03 Jun 2006 was your last post ;)

Thanks for dropping by, though, Brian! How's the studio doing?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Briguy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Briguy »

Jonas wrote:Hey Brian! Good to see you here. I think it's actually been well over a year since your last appearance here, I'm quite surprised to see you! But welcome back :D

You can send me your contact info and I'll make sure Steve gets your raw tracks so we don't waste your work.
Hey Jonas it's been a while, that's for sure!. I did send you a PM with my main email address, let me know if you got it, if not Link me to yours and I will send it again. I do want to check my archives of older projects on one of my drives to just confirm that all or most is still there. Also Don't feel that you have to use all that I have done. If Orak can do something more tailored to those levels, then by all means do what you have to do!. Thanks, and will talk soon. Glad to hear from you again!
Redd
Briguy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Briguy »

Trestkon wrote:
Briguy wrote:Jonas and Orak, Hello there. It's been months since Ive been around due to work and moving aound for business. Any way Orak you mentioned you were looking for raw tracks , that arent seeming to fit to well. I can provide the raw tracks in a wav form but Jonas or trest will have to get a hold of me. I this is the case, I will email jonas with my contact info and discuss at that time. Good to see the project is still going on.
Wow, it's been WAY over a year, actually. 03 Jun 2006 was your last post ;)

Thanks for dropping by, though, Brian! How's the studio doing?
Hey there Trestkon!, yes it's been quite some time lol, I couldn't beleive it when I logged in and the last login floored me!. Any yes have been busy for the last year, but now I have a few months off. As for the studio and production things are picking up a bit more, and I am still putting together 30sec to 1 minute clips of different styles of music, for another promo disk. Again for the next few months if there is anything I can do to help in the audio department let me know. I will send you a PM with my new email address. I definately have some time now. Great talking to you, hope to hear from you soon!.
Redd
Orak
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Orak »

Hi chaps, just thought I'd better check in. And I need to let you know, that it's looking more likely that I'm not even going to be able to do anything else until the end of May, let alone finish by then (as per previous post).

Basically we recently had the 3rd kid! And I grossly underestimated how that would eat into my life, and therefore, my paid work is taking up all the spare time I can find at the minute.

So really sorry about that. I do intend to do it though, but if you can't wait until say end of June, then let me know.

Cheers.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey Steve, we're not really sure how long testing and voice recording will take right now. It might drag into July and August, or we might finish it all of a sudden in the beginning of the summer break. I'd say there's a really good chance TNM won't be done before the end of June though. We're pretty much set to go with whatever music we have right now, bar the soundtracks for our intros, which Leo is supposed to do once the voice acting is in place, so why don't we just wait it out and see what happens? If you free up some time to finish what you're doing before TNM is done, we'll include it in the final build. If you don't, no harm done :)

Oh and congratulations (and above all good luck!) with the new kid!
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Orak
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Orak »

Jonas wrote: so why don't we just wait it out and see what happens? If you free up some time to finish what you're doing before TNM is done, we'll include it in the final build. If you don't, no harm done :)

Oh and congratulations (and above all good luck!) with the new kid!

Ok, sounds good to me. I'm sure we'll get something in there eventually!.

Thanks.