Audio

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

TNM officially recommends LameFE:

http://lamefe.nauta-clarus.de/index.php?download
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Briguy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Briguy »

Hey thanks Jonas, I have used it for all the conversions, and so far it works really well. Thanks again, and people please check out the updated songs.
Redd
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

LameFE keeps crashing on me :(

I'll check out the songs when I finish this WC3 game.
LeoBad
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by LeoBad »

Hey ppl!

I just uploaded the PhasApartment/PDX HQ track. You can get the full version here
the edited intro and ambient .oggs are in the PACKAGES/music/Leo/ folder, in case you want to check how it loops.

comments are welcome.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

LeoBad wrote:Hey ppl!

I just uploaded the PhasApartment/PDX HQ track. You can get the full version here
the edited intro and ambient .oggs are in the PACKAGES/music/Leo/ folder, in case you want to check how it loops.

comments are welcome.
Sir, I believe the technical term for that is "freaking excellent"! Great job, and I'll get on that little writeup for you straight away.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Sir Leo, I've written up a nice fancy How-To explaining exactly how to insert your tracks into levels.

http://tnm.offtopicproductions.com/team ... mHowTo.rtf

I tested it out as I did it, and your track sounds great ingame, the looping is flawless:D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yep, it must've been my laptop's media player that inserted the gap, it was quite seemless in-game. And it rocked.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

SpiritVII uploaded the ambient track for the Partyzone night club. It will be the only track in the club.

http://tnm.offtopicproductions.com/team ... mbient.ogg

Give it a listen and provide feedback here.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Very DX style, I thought the voice looping at the end was a bit off-on. Anyways, I'm exactly a music pro :lol: .

-Moonbo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
Sensei
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Sensei »

I agree with the "Very DX style" comment. Generally, I like it, but at some parts, it gets a little repetitive, with the same chord going on for several bars, with the same drum beat. I was afraid that the whole track was going to be that part. Also, I think the choir may be too high in the mix, with too much compression. I'm not sure, but it sounds like the snare drum is making the choir dip in level. It may just be the fact that the choir is starting up again at the same time the snare is hitting.
Bam!
SpiritVII
Mole Person

Post by SpiritVII »

Ok I've changed some things, the song is not finished yet but I'd like your opinions on how it sounds so far, I'm aware the chior isn't right on, but I'm still tweaking that. Tell me what you think of the composition and the frequencies.

http://tnm.offtopicproductions.com/team ... mbient.ogg

Thanks.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I haven't listened to the new one yet so you may have fixed this but I agree with sensei that in the old one the middle bit seems to repeat for too long. I love what there is but it's repeated for too long.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

I like the new version much better :D

I'm not sure about how the beat pauses periodically, I always think my player is skipping:p Might just be me, though.
LeoBad
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Partyzone

Post by LeoBad »

SpiritVII wrote:Ok I've changed some things, the song is not finished yet but I'd like your opinions on how it sounds so far, I'm aware the chior isn't right on, but I'm still tweaking that. Tell me what you think of the composition and the frequencies. .
Hi Spirit. I hope I'm not too intrusive with my opinions.

I like the track, as far as sounds go I think it sounds a little too hard, although I can only speak using my taste as a judge. Other than that I would suggest changing the bass when you get back with the groove, so that when you start with the pentatonic hi pitched squeals-bells-chirps they can jump on a nice moving bassline ( I'd use the china map track from deus ex -"Synapse" I think it was called- as an example of what I mean as a mooving bassline, although this track goes a different way). The pedal bass note works well to mantain expectative but will work even better if you resolve it to something else at some point.

This are my thoughts take'em with a grain of salt.
Keep up the good work.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Okay, I've tried this track in-game, and I gotta say it fits rather nicely. I think the way the beat pauses is what makes it interesting, and the only problem is I feel I gotta add some flashing lights to the dance floor now, but luckily that's easy enough ;)

I just gotta ask you to check the volume so it fits into the RMS scale, it sounds louder than the rest of our tracks. It's okay if it's a bit louder, because this is a dance club and you'd expect loud music, but not THAT much louder, we don't want to interfere with the voices.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine