Coding

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Hey Jonas, Didn't I code up something to allow you to update goals with new information? I cant seem to find the implementation
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

nevermind, found it. It was built into the goal add trigger.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Kill count seems to be missing from the goat city pretravel function in the mission script document. I took the liberty of adding it to the code. Please do the same to the mission script assuming it is supposed to be there.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

mission 22 exclusive script is completed with no TODOs. I'm uploading an updated tnm package. so it can be tested.

mission 23, 23_ABIRuins: is it necessary to only capture the player if he is captured by zeropresence. In the equivalent script for mission 4 in deus ex a flag is set when the player can be captured and any time after that flag is set, when he dies, he is captured. The property you refer to does not exist and I can't think of an easy way to work out the player's killer.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

HEY SHANE! CHECK IT OUT!!!

And the really awesome thing is, since everybody's a mod in this forum, it won't even say that you edited your post! You can JUST. KEEP. EDITING!

Anyway, to answer ALL your questions:
You want me to remove anything with the tag 'Dungeon..Boon' (can't remember th exact tag. Not important). From the map when the player gets captured unless it's in the players inventoy?
Yes.
The cigarettes are supposed to be useless. They're just easter egg style items to improve immersion.
I know, that's what I wanted to change. But I agree with your observations, so let's leave them alone.
In light of this I have assumed that there are -only- 4 bombers. Is this assumption correct?
That is correct.
Kill count seems to be missing from the goat city pretravel function in the mission script document. I took the liberty of adding it to the code. Please do the same to the mission script assuming it is supposed to be there.
Roger that.
mission 23, 23_ABIRuins: is it necessary to only capture the player if he is captured by zeropresence. In the equivalent script for mission 4 in deus ex a flag is set when the player can be captured and any time after that flag is set, when he dies, he is captured. The property you refer to does not exist and I can't think of an easy way to work out the player's killer.
I see. Well, the player will be capturable if the following flags are set:

ALLIED_PDX=TRUE
Zero_Dead=FALSE

I can set an additional flag when ZeroPresence tells the player he's going to take the player alive. But are you sure there's no way to see who killed the player? I'm pretty sure I didn't just make that function up.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

killerbindname is defined in deusexcarcass. By the time the player reaches the carcass stage I think it might be too late.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Oh I see. Right, I'll just set a flag in the PM ZP sends you when you get close to the chapel. That way, you'll know he's out to take you alive, so if somebody else kills you, it'll be a logical assumption that ZP arrived on the scene to drag you away.

Let's call the flag
MS_ABIBossTauntSent
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

we need to discuss what constitutes being detected for the purpose of the stealth award. I suggest that we make the player detected whenever an enemy pawn enters an active state (alerting, attacking, etc) and when any alarm is set off. We can have a custom alarm panel for this purpose or just a trigger that all alarm panels are set to trigger.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yep, that detection method sounds good. A new alarm would also be nice, that would additionally allow us to let the player activate an alarm by frobbing it, so as to lure enemies towards it.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I don't think enemies are attracted to alarms so that might not work.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Wow, progress pleases me. Especially the massive amounts of it that occur when I'm away:D
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

yeah. Take the hint already :P

anyway I realised that my alarm panel idea wouldn't account for things like cameras and laser trip wires I don't think so I'm going to go with the trigger idea.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey Shane, the good Doctor mentioned a timer bug over MSN, apparently the original DX timer code is fucked up if you quicksave/load at all during a countdown. Is this something we've fixed? Is it something we CAN fix? If not, would it be a reasonable work-around to simply autosave just before initiating the timer and then prohibiting quicksave while the countdown is in progress?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

If you're talkign about the timer that gets added to your hud and counts down then this may not be an issue for us as I already wrote a replacement one not realising there already existed one in deus ex. Otherwise I imagine it's an easy fix to whatever you're talking about.
Grub
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Grub »

Shane, Jonas and I have been talking about the new smg. The way the old SMG works is a pain in the butt and I suggested that it be changed to have the sound of one shot loop instead of 5 in one single sound. Is this possible?