Modeling

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Hello again, I decided to do the tools on the list. I made them weapons though, don't ask me why I just felt like it lol Click me They shouldn't need any tweaking or anything, the damage is 3 so they won't be as good any other weapons. To save you looking at the list, there's a hammer, Wrench and Screw driver.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE! You're trying to kill me! Death by awesomeness!

Hahah, seriously, those weapons are completely useless, yet totally awesome. I love you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I love you too Jonas!

Yeah, they are "see if you can complete TNM with a hammer" kinda thing.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We should have a playstyle bonus at the end of each mission called "Handyman" where it checks if used any other weapons than those three tools and your fists, and if you haven't, you'll get 1000 skillpoints or something :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Ooo yes I like that. :D

EDIT: It might be good to give the weapons knockout damage so they can be used for sneaking.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Now THAT is a good idea. The wrench at least should surely deal knockout damage. And it might be good to make the hammer do the same. Not the screw driver though, that seems silly :P

Also: Your item descriptions are hilarious, we're definitely keeping those.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Here's the map, the line art helped a lot. :D

I can make it any colour, I just thought orange went with the whole orange feel of TNM (due to Trestkon being orange).

As you can see, I put some doors in (bottom left) would you like doors in there? Or do you prefer the empty doorways?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Wow, you fit the whole thing in!! It looks amazing!

The grey part is the vent to the server room, right? I think it looks a little odd. Perhaps including it wasn't a great idea after all, would you mind deleting it?

To be honest, the theme colour of TNM is dark blue like this forum's default theme, but WorldCorp's theme colour happens to be orange (or rather: gold), so this would do perfectly.

I also like the doors, so by all means include them :) Apart from that, I had some minor corrections I would like you to implement (sorry about the quality, but I did this at work, and all I have is MS Paint):

The missing window is an honest mistake, I'll leave it up to you if you want to depict it as a plain wall or as a door. There's no need to really make it stand out as it can't be broken anyway, so it would be fine if it just looks like a wall. The wall with three doors was included in the line art, I think. If not, I apologize. As for the wall I'm asking you to delete, that's the room that opens up to the staircase. I'm not sure how it should be represented... perhaps you should just delete that room and just put a door between "the void" and the room right next to it (which is a checkpoint with a retinal scanner).

Once you've done those few things, by all means send it over so I can add a little crap to make it look like a screendump from some sort of security system. And: GREAT WORK!
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Ok, here we go, unless there are more changes I shall get on with level 3. :D

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Sexcellent! Approved!

Oh, I noticed you put the observation room glass into the map as well. That's great, but then you should be warned that the central room in the bio labs has lots of windows. Maybe if you have WCFloor3 on your computer, you can open it up and check it out. You'll probably need to do that in any case, so you can get a sense of the height, as some of that floor is in 3 dimensions, layout-wise.

[Edit]

Oh, I just noticed you left the gate out again. If it takes you long to render though, don't worry about it. I doubt most people will notice anyway.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Oops, yes I forgot about the gate. It is in the shot below, however you can't see it very well.

Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

This might be a better shot.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yesir, the second one is declared best. I'm home now, so I'll get to work on it immediately. I've taken the liberty of colouring the gate red though, as it's not really any different from the other doors except in appearance :)

Good luck with the third floor, I admit I'm a little nervous about how you'll handle the height differences.

Once we get around to the Space Station, I have various ideas I'd like to bounce around with you if you're up to it. I don't think something like this will work very well, so I'm thinking maybe something more abstract, depicting the station from outside would be best. However, it should probably be stylized, firstly so you won't have to model a fully detailed space station, and secondly because that way we can open certain parts of it up so it can actually kinda be used as a map.

But we'll get to that later. Now I've written it down so I won't forget :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I've had a look at the map and the height differences shouldn't be too much of a problem, it will take me longer to do this floor though.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Those look awesome! Currently in some sketchy section of Greece and heading off to the Acropolis.

Excellent work as always, TNM peeps:)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis