Discussion Thread

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

DaveW wrote:Does anyone (Jonas, perhaps? :)) know how to change the camera FOV? It'd be so much better for interior texture shots.

Code: Select all

fov 90
Replace 90 with your own number, obviously :-)

You'll have to make sure cheats are enabled to do that, of course. If you don't have then enabled then you need to do so with:

Code: Select all

set jcdentonmale bcheatsenabled true
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Fulgrymm
UNATCO

Post by Fulgrymm »

Also, in case you don't want to type that out every time, open up the properties of your DX shortcut and put -hax0rz at the end of it. Cheats will then be enabled by default.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Hm...that was kind of obvious really wasn't it? :D

EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

It looks a bit like a pirate cave, with that skull and bones every few feet on the wall, I don't really like that. Other than that: Very beautiful skulls in the rest of the wall :D
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Arrr Matey! :D And she be a fine cave at that! :D
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

It was there in the original...do you think we should get rid of it then?
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Really :shock:
Intersting, I'll have to check that out when I have access to a box with DX installed over the weekend. Anyway, I would get rid of them, see how it looks with 'just normal skulls' there. If that isn't too much work.

Then you can check which one looks better in the context of a medieval catacomb and decide to go for the one or the other :)
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Yeah, really... [Sorry, EER, nothing personal]
I think you shouldn't change it. There will be lots of things one or another would like to change from the original because he's sure it'd look better but where to stop?
Last edited by fox on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Dave, I would marry you if not for the fact that I'm engaged with your textures.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
eternalightwithin
NSF

wow. almost 10%

Post by eternalightwithin »

So Dave, now that you have several sections at 100% what direction are you going in now?
Or do you just "pick from the hat."
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Well I have to wait until the guys over at OldUnreal get back to me (I might give them a nudge, it's been about a month and a half) so we can compile the texture sets properly. However, it only makes network compatible sets for Unreal. It doesn't seem to work with Unreal Engine 1.5 (UT/Deus Ex). The guy I've talked with said that he's trying to get it to work with that, but it'll take some time. So I'm not sure about releasing them quite yet.

Meanwhile, ModDB update. :)
eternalightwithin
NSF

err no

Post by eternalightwithin »

I meant that you have several texture packs done and I was just wondering what section of textures you were leaning towards now. Like another city or some of the "materials" packs. ie. wood, glass, metal, etc.
Fragbait
NSF

Post by Fragbait »

It took me about 4 or 5 trips to Paris before I was able to get in when it was open.

There are quite a few decorative arrangements of bones, like these crosses:

And then there's this one:
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Wow that is soo cool. Those photos are great and proves that Sniper shouldn't change too much. I wish we could vary the decorations but that is impossible given what we're working with :D So I vote don't change because 1. it was on the original and 2. its historically true to the real location (if a bit repettitive) and 3. The texture looks amazing reguardless :D
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

DaveW wrote:Well I have to wait until the guys over at OldUnreal get back to me (I might give them a nudge, it's been about a month and a half) so we can compile the texture sets properly. However, it only makes network compatible sets for Unreal. It doesn't seem to work with Unreal Engine 1.5 (UT/Deus Ex). The guy I've talked with said that he's trying to get it to work with that, but it'll take some time. So I'm not sure about releasing them quite yet.

Meanwhile, ModDB update. :)

Wait, what's the problem with the texture sets? Surely you can just import them into the editor?