HK_

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

Surely they can break that functionality with a few well-placed #'s and a recompile

On those screenshots, in one everything looks nice and smooth, while the other one seems to have real added to it. Keep at the great work!

And whoa, Jonas, your avatar blinks. I had privoxy off and your eyes went all blinky. (Camino used to peg my CPU usage with overused animated GIFs, privoxy is set to show the last frame only).
Solid_Choke
UNATCO

Post by Solid_Choke »

SnipaMasta and Mr. Cyberpunk are pretty much the coolest people to ever mod a game. Okay maybe not but man this is getting me excited!!! Hurry up New Vision and HDTP! I've been waiting to replay DX for about 4 months now waiting for this thing.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Go ahead and play, we won't be done anytime soon! :D
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Agreed. My hopes is that DX:R gets finished before we do.. that'll give us time to improve some of the features for UT2004 standards and eventually UT3. That's just me being optimistic though, at present even getting the 10000 textures we still need to do is a massive task. So please feel free to play the game as it might be a year or two before you see anything substantial.. Just me being realistic people :P
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Aren't they more like 2100 textures, instead of 10K? :P

(unless my query is way off on the progress page, which I doubt ;))
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Exaggeration :P But it feels like 10k :D
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

2100 textures is a lot! even 210 is a lot for 2 people so I would say you don't need to exggerate. :P
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Random question here - but does anyone know where the decals are stored?

Edit: Nevermind, found them. I have a question though - what packages does HDTP touch? Because the decals are stored in DeusExItems.u...
ewanlaing
NSF

Post by ewanlaing »

that is a corridor of EXTREME quality. that looks modern to me, and thats just with an updated texture.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Reminds me of an ultra-cool anime again (something like GitS), just like the HK-police station. :D
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

The most exciting screenshot ever, I think. Toilets! 8)
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

ewanlaing wrote:that is a corridor of EXTREME quality. that looks modern to me, and thats just with an updated texture.
I totally agree, it doesn't look like UT1 engine at all :D
Edit: and the second one as well :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

This isn't really constructive at all, but as a modder I know you need to hear this stuff, so I'll just speak my mind: I continue to be extremely impressed with your work.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Snipa: decals are indeed in deusexitems, and that's a .u, so you can't recompile that without the attendant meshes and shit. Also their usage is coded in.

However, I have an entire set of new decals for specific 'concrete hit/metal hit/plaster hit' etc stuffs (mostly stolen from lots of newer unreal games) and the relevant code to implement them (they're in my mod already), which I was gonna add to the next release of HDTP.

That does add the ugly spectre of 'OMG J00 stole that from pariah!' of course (which is terrible if only because it shows that I own pariah), so if you have (or intend to make) new decals, plonk em in a .utx and I will gladly incorporate them into HDTP.

I may ask to steal them myself, to avoid the above accusations of owning pariah... *is ashamed*
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Well ocasionally things get spotted that we miss, or some people think a texture could be improved - so it's not always unconstructive.

DDL, do you have MSN?
Last edited by DaveW on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.