New Vision- Bug Reports

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

flib
Thug

Re: New Vision- Bug Reports

Post by flib »

That's razor wire.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Not so much of a bug more than a request, I think this is supposed to be a light (This is in the super freighter in Brooklyn Naval Shipyard in the area that uses the moon textures) and if it is supposed to be a light, the texture shouldn't look like a bright paving stone. Image: Image but would this be more of a mapping issue? Its like the bright windows on buildlings like those on the buildings in Hong Kong Canals, doesn't look like a light window very much.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Imageshack is a ssslloowww website to load. Jesus.

Ahh, it's loaded now. Cheers man I hadn't noticed that before. Yeah that is a mapping issue (though I'm slowly becoming reluctant to say that because whenever I say that, Dave tells me he can fix it.)
That looks like it needs a completely different texture to make it look like a light.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

That's just a texture alignment error. The textures are used more or less properly outside the New York subways (Battery Park/Hell's Kitchen). Unfortunately, the original was just a plain gradient. I added some dirt to the edges to try and make it more like a grungey 'lightbox', but yeah, I can't help poor texture alignment.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

#-o
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Imageshack is a ssslloowww website to load. Jesus.
Sorry about that, tried uploading it on here directly but it didn't work so went to imageshack. I usually find it a bit faster than other image hosting sites but don't use them much anyway.
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

One bug at Tracer Ton's lab also. In the room where Alex Jacobson is. By the door.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

That texture is really annoying!
It's in the Helibase as well but didn't get around to 'fixing' it. Just made it look more realistic.

I have however already messed with it in Tong's lab; but now stairs are now clipping through an air vent. Maybe I'll change it for a plane metal texture... I don't know yet.

Also, any suggestions for UNATCOHQ? I couldn't find much else too do on the bottom levels aside from updating the Medlab and fixing a couple of screen textures. Also, added some weird balcony because it seemed like a nice idea but I might scrap it because it's a bit weird.

Oh, I also went a little mad with Jacobsons office but decided that changed it a little too much so scrapped it.
fantsu
UNATCO

Post by fantsu »

New office looks good.
:D

Another bug:
In Maggie "woman is a snake" Chows apartment the doors that lead to the bathroom (don't judge, I like spending time in her bathroom!) is missing textures alltogether on both sides.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
My "Deus Ex - Conspiracy" run on emulator
Alex Jacobson: They'll have you killed. They won't even blink an eye.
JC Denton: Neither did I.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I noticed this on TNM maps as well when using NV, but for every instance of DrtyMetalWire_A or DrtyMetalWire_B textures, all you get is one big bar (or part of a second bar) showing up instead of the whole texture appearing, also first noticed on HK Canals map where the bars are supposed to be in front of the wooden doors that don't open (to show they are barred up for night). Screen:

Hong Kong Canals (In front of door):
HK Canals Door
HK Canals Door
Paris Night Club door beside where the you get a key to enter the club:
Paris Club Door
Paris Club Door
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DaveW wrote:Yeah, but I'll wait until we release the map pack with new textures before I fix them. No sense releasing a patch just to fix typos ;)
DaveW,

I was wondering if you'd consider releasing a patch to fix typos (iirc, there are some in the code that prevent some textures to be loaded correctly).

I know that you mention up there that you'd wait for a map pack before proceeding but it was Aug 2011 and there's been little/no activity in this sense for months.

Would it be a pain to correct those problems without waiting for the map pack?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Salk wrote:
DaveW wrote:Yeah, but I'll wait until we release the map pack with new textures before I fix them. No sense releasing a patch just to fix typos ;)
DaveW,

I was wondering if you'd consider releasing a patch to fix typos (iirc, there are some in the code that prevent some textures to be loaded correctly).

I know that you mention up there that you'd wait for a map pack before proceeding but it was Aug 2011 and there's been little/no activity in this sense for months.

Would it be a pain to correct those problems without waiting for the map pack?
I'll probably fix the problems and release a final version with a few more textures sometime soon. I'm working on some CG stuff at the moment but once I'm finished with that I'll start work on the update.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DaveW wrote:I'll probably fix the problems and release a final version with a few more textures sometime soon. I'm working on some CG stuff at the moment but once I'm finished with that I'll start work on the update.
Thanks.

I'd hoped New Vision would have got a wider support from the fan base, especially after all the buzz about fixing this and that in the maps but then puff... all disappeared. A magic trick I was not looking forward to.