New Stuff

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: New Stuff

Post by Jonas »

I agree. I know you don't want to release an incomplete mod, but I don't understand why. TNM needs to be complete because nobody will play a singleplayer game twice if the first time was buggy as fuck and missing important features or content, but for a graphical enhancement, it's both logical and perfectly ordinary to release incrementally. If you really are over 50% done, now would be a good time to release something. The positive feedback should motivate you - just having other people enjoy and provide feedback on your work is hugely motivating, and when you have no team members, you need to use the public for that.

Go on. I know you want to ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
eternalightwithin
NSF

Post by eternalightwithin »

Posting to encourage you DaveW =D> \:D/ :drugged:

Hail to the king baby! <3 :king: <3
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Go for it Dave!
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

I still say go for it! :)
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I would think it'd be a wise move too.
Ebenezer Grymm
Thug

Post by Ebenezer Grymm »

Release what ya have, you slow ass bastard.
SHodges
Thug

Post by SHodges »

Release what you have, yes. The positive feedback would be nice, I'm sure, and if nothing else, it assures that all the time and work wasn't for naught if you should ever lose interest completely and decide not to finish. The sooner and more frequently a mod can release, the better off it is, generally.
eternalightwithin
NSF

Ebenezer Grymm wrote:Release what ya have, you slow ass bastard.
Errr, I'm going to assume you were jesting. :? Even so, not something I would say without being a personal friend and a BIG smile on my face. [-X #-o
r00tb33r
MJ12

Re: New Shit

Post by r00tb33r »

kothar wrote:Seagate Isn't all that great... but if you can get one that works without any problems then that's all that matters...

btw this hdd is it internal or external? because i didn't know you could get a 1TB internal drive...
Well if you follow logic, if there wasn't an internal 1TB drive, then there won't be a 1TB external drive (external drive is just the internal drive with a power adapter and a controller board if you want USB or Firewire)... With a single drive setup that is.
WD made external RAID0 type thing out of two 500GB drives... Talk about unreliable... Not to mention huge. The unreliable part is quite funny too, one drive fails, you lose everything (or most of it), as the virtual partition spans on both drives.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Clearly you need a brace of terastations.

We got some of these to make sure we had a backup of all our lab's data at work. Confocal images are BIIIG.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Do you think anybody would notice if you took one home?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

"Hey, where has the last five years of my research gone?"

"Uh...look! A firetruck!" *runs*

...in other words, probably. :(
eternalightwithin
NSF

Are you alive Dave? Tell these yahoos to stop derailing your epic thread.

David
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I'm still alive. I will undoubtedly pick this up someday, but to be honest right now I've grown a bit tired of it. Maybe in a few months when I'm bored of writing screenplays.

At the moment I can't really release "as-is" because of the huge task it'll be importing the textures. Until/unless a better method comes available I can't really release anything.
r00tb33r wrote:
kothar wrote:Seagate Isn't all that great... but if you can get one that works without any problems then that's all that matters...

btw this hdd is it internal or external? because i didn't know you could get a 1TB internal drive...
Well if you follow logic, if there wasn't an internal 1TB drive, then there won't be a 1TB external drive (external drive is just the internal drive with a power adapter and a controller board if you want USB or Firewire)... With a single drive setup that is.
I have a 1.5TB drive, so, yes they are available. I think 1.5 is the highest you can get at the moment though.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

If it's a Seagate 1.5 and New Vision is on there, please back up :). They have a "bricking" issue, where they turn into bricks.