New Stuff

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

EER
Illuminati

Re: New Stuff

Post by EER »

Luckily, user interfaces CAN be automated. For example using AutoIt: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

If the clicking steps are adequate, this could be done. It will still take a LOT of time, but nobody would have to do it manually. Also, the drawing scale can be calculated and in fact IS calculated by the website (which is currently not used, but the algorithm to do that is easily ported).
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Indeed, that was the idea of it. I could easily start using that website again actually, it was very useful having that. online for everyone to see.
eternalightwithin
NSF

Post by eternalightwithin »

[-o<
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

I just gotta say that the screens in this thread look awesome!!! Keep going @ it!!!

Have you tried it with ENBseries yet?
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Paranoid
Mole Person

Post by Paranoid »

So pretty much the only untried method is using the MergeTool that unrealtexture peeps use?

Handling the drawscale calculation is pretty basic, but I don't have a clue how to apply this property to a texture/utx package other than manually setting it from the unrealed. Then again, I think the brute force/autoIT scripting approach will be... adequate.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Duke Floss wrote:Have you tried it with ENBseries yet?
ENBseries is kind of mixed. It looks alright, but it's not spectacular. I didn't really like what it did to a lot of the textures. I think it's more suited to a game like Unreal where everything's supposed to look old and bumpy, but it looks terrible on some textures in Deus Ex. Especially with high res textures, it goes crazy with the in/out bumps. Would be better if it used a MIP map version of the texture to apply the effect, so every single surface didn't look like it's made out of heavy sandpaper.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Or worms!

Or acid etched limestone!

Or melted plastic!

It's not terribly subtle, sadly. Lighting is nice, though.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Really would like to see how it looks in combination with New Vision though.

What I do know is Nick tried it out in Sol's Bar in TNM, and it made the big-screen TV upstairs look terrible.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

yeah it makes certain textures look like ass (especially animated textures) and others look really good (and others it doesn't touch at all). For me it is all about the shadows & bloom which look really good in it.
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.