Problem using New Vision, please help.

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

anonymous1980
Thug

Re: Problem using New Vision, please help.

Post by anonymous1980 »

bjorn98009_91 wrote:Try reinstalling New Vision but choose Hangfling's custom launcher instead and see if that works. I guess you have tried changing the renderers, also your game is up to date with the latest patch?
Yeah, i got it off GoG.com. I am going to try the other launcher, i completely forgot about that option, thanks.
DaveW wrote:Is this happening with both OpenGL and Direct3D?
Yeah..

Either way, if i get the same error with the other launcher, i'm going to re-install Windows tomorrow. A clean install should fix any issue with it. I'm gonna post some feedback after, hopefully all is gonna be good.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Ok - long shot here, but in your .INI remove these:

Paths=..\NewVision\Maps\*.dx
Paths=..\NewVision\Textures\*.utx
and
Paths=..\NVTextures\*.utx

Making sure to leave:

Paths=..\New Vision\Maps\*.dx
Paths=..\New Vision\Textures\*.utx

My best guess is that the game is trying to look for directories that don't exist and crashing.

EDIT:

Someone else at ModDB has the same problem with the Steam version. It doesn't appear to be related to the DataDirectories, but according to the internet the error can be due to corrupt files. It must happen during extraction though, since AFAIK the installer verifies itself before launching.
anonymous1980
Thug

Post by anonymous1980 »

Delayed response because i was way to lazy to reinstall all of this after a fresh Windows install. But today i have, and finally it all works excellent. Appreciate all the help from the thread posters.

I absolutely love the detail you put in these textures, man. God damn, i sure as hell wouldn't have the patience to pour so much effort into making this texture pack, hell, let alone do it for free. You're one hell of a great guy.

Now, i'm gonna pray to the Lord that installing HDTP goes well.
voronwe
Mole Person

Post by voronwe »

I have the same error and basicaly tried everything mentioned here... without any results.
The same with kentie newest deusex.exe ...

Finally, I got it.

In my opinion, as it was mentioned above - it is a problem during unzipping.

1. DaveW -> "the error can be due to corrupt files. It must happen during extraction" - this was good hint - Thanks!

2. Observation:
My free space was about 2-2,5 GB (it says required 1,2). During installation it was all used and afterwards some of it was released (so I have still 1GB free). What I am trying to say, there wasn't enough amount of disc space but installer finished succesfully.

3. To be sure have about 5GB free space. It worked for me.

ok .ini file, good patch, Visual C++ ... <- all this is improtand but I have it from the beginning
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

The installer says 1,2 GB is required since that's the space the compressed .7z files take. So basically the installer extracts the archives to a temp folder, and from there it unpacks the files. So temporarily it needs 1,2 GB, in addition to the space the files take takes up uncompressed. Also, you shouldn't be running with that low of hard drive space either, save games can take a lot of space and well Windows just needs empty space for the swap file and other tasks.

I think the VC++ installation is broken in the installer, as I recall even if you say Yes to the prompt nothing happens.
A slight oversight from my side in that case.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.