stuck in DXI ruins

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Hashi
Silhouette

stuck in DXI ruins

Post by Hashi »

Alright so I have to find the firestaff...

There are two places you can go after seeing beeblequix or whoever its spelt.

You can go into the hall where there a mirror on the bottom and i cant see anything to do....all of the tunnels lead back to the main hall...I didnt achieve anything there...I cant see what else you can do or where else you can go. The lifts at the end; the one on the left leads back to more tunnels that eventually lead back to the main room. The one on the right doesnt work and I dont know how you could turn it on.

The second place you can go is into the ruins. There are two paths, one that leads to the lava and where you find an eater egg then comes to a dead end, and the other leads to a large open area with water and you get an exploration bonus for going there, but its a dead end.

So where do I go?
JC_Helios
X-51

Re: stuck in DXI ruins

Post by JC_Helios »

From the excavation lift look east.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

There's a map exit in the area with water. In the north west corner of the area is a lamp. Go to it and follow the wall east.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

For version 1.0.2, I've tweaked the lighting in that area to better call attention to the level transition.

We patch with the "What Would Valve Do?" method ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Fletchreborn
Mole Person

Post by Fletchreborn »

brill mod guys, I'm still rather addicted to it :)
slight problems though, have retrieved the firestaff and headed through the special door, however blowing up the control systems doesnt seem to do anything, i dont get it taken off my list of objectives and the lift certainly still doesnt work?
am I missing something obvious?

oh and i did try the pc switch off, managed to get the other guys username but was still unable to run the shutdown program
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Fargo doesn't have admin access, but he has access to files where you can get the admin login details.

As for the control systems, you've blown up all three consoles and killed the guardians who appear?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Fletchreborn
Mole Person

Post by Fletchreborn »

yep, been having a few bugs with saved games in that area, for some reason sometimes saving in that area takes me back to a different area and makes the game go dead slowly. But yeah managed to get through it without saving and took care of the guards aswell as the control panels, but nothing appeared to happen. I assumed it might remove it from the goals?
i then took the lift backup, through the passageway, but still couldnt access the main elevator

accessed some of the files but couldnt find a new login using his :(
there was what looked like one username or password in the install log file but i couldnt find another one
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

I think you've run into the same problem I did where you knocked the guards out instead of killing them. Try shooting their bodies and see what happens.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I've just fixed this, it'll be gone in patch 1.0.2. :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Fletchreborn
Mole Person

Post by Fletchreborn »

nope I definatley killed them, thats why its really odd :(
can you tell what to do after getting Fargo's password, (or even better then level 2 admin pass) so that I can try and get of this section by that method
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Find the admin login in Fargo's emails and his password in the system logs.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Yeah, took three playthroughs for me to find that. I saw the password for the admin account lots of times and didn't realise that's what it was!
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
dataangel
Mole Person

Post by dataangel »

odawali wrote:There's a map exit in the area with water. In the north west corner of the area is a lamp. Go to it and follow the wall east.
Could you post some screenshots? I must be blind, but I still can't find what you're talking about. Going northwest down where the water is just runs me into a wall. Going northwest in the area above the water runs me into lava :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah this seems to be a common problem - I've added a strong red lava glow to the tunnel entrance for the next patch, but in the mean time, keep your flash light on when you're looking for the exit, because I'm afraid it's hidden in darkness.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

dataangel wrote: Could you post some screenshots? I must be blind, but I still can't find what you're talking about. Going northwest down where the water is just runs me into a wall. Going northwest in the area above the water runs me into lava :P
Follow the red arrow