The Silver Dragon quest - not Deus Ex like?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
Thug

Re: The Silver Dragon quest - not Deus Ex like?

Post by l4nd0fc0nfu510n »

I thought killing SD was insanely difficult so I just saved him. The saving him wasn't actually that hard, Scara's guards were still on my side and wouldn't shoot me so I just told SD to run out with me and he'd flame some of the enemies and I'd knock some them on the back of the head with my baton.
The frequent friendly fire was slightly annoying.
The only weapon I tried using to kill SD was Crossbow though, so that was probably why it was so hard.
Illumonic
Thug

Post by Illumonic »

When I first played this mission, I took out all the guards and let SD follow me... and I thought that I supposed to run out of building with him, but once I got out, I noticed he wasn't with me, so I ran back in and SD was hostile with me and killed me. I had to start it over. #-o
DXI Chat log
[_wraith] Any thought of incorporting ancient mysteries into the plot such as pyramids, Machu Pichu, legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls?
[Witchboy] wraith, we touch on the knights templar
[MISMonkey] You touched him where?
[Scott_M] echo... echo... echo...
Mep_histo
NSF

Post by Mep_histo »

Initially I was looking for a non violent way (or at least non combat way) to save SD, but there doesn't seem to be one.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Yeah, he's a bit too big to sneak out and it's not like you're going to be able to convince Scara to let him go.
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

It's actually not hard to kill SD at all. Just make him hostile and run away past the guards and they will take care of him.
Andy.G
Thug

Post by Andy.G »

Initialy I went in to save SD, and it wasn't too hard at all.
The guards on the bottom level will be taken down with some accurate pistol shots from point blank range (since they're still friendly). However the guards on the second level needed a different approach. I used the door to gain the upper hand on them (the glass doors). After killing the two beside the door and the one inside, you mearly run inside, close the door and draw your sword. They will come open the door but won't fire until it's entirely open, but you can run out as the door opens and get a good swing at their face which will either kill or badly wound them.
This is good for knocking off the two guards near the ramp, while the other partroling guard won't notice and can be eliminated with anything you want.

If you get SD up to this level, he can take out the last three guards on the last level without dying. Saves both ammunition and health.