TNM Weapons

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM Weapons

Post by Jonas »

Uhm... see above.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I'm having the problem of not being able to see the most recent post again. I can only see
Jonas wrote:Uhm... see above.
in the "Topic Review" box of the "Post a reply" page.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Jonas wrote:The EMP pistol is possibly the most useful weapon in the whole game
Love the EMP pistol! Great addition to the arsenal! Also the EMP ammo for the GEP gun was lovely! Much cooler taking out large bots with the GEP loaded with EMP ammo, instead of just blowing them all up! :mrgreen:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

I'm curious about DD's sword. If it's the same damage as DTS what's the reason for it taking 1x5 space and slowing you down like heavy weapons do? Coolness factor aside, it doesn't seem to be worth the space, let alone paying 1000 credits for it?
nopushbutton
Thug

Post by nopushbutton »

jellyfish wrote:I'm curious about DD's sword. If it's the same damage as DTS what's the reason for it taking 1x5 space and slowing you down like heavy weapons do? Coolness factor aside, it doesn't seem to be worth the space, let alone paying 1000 credits for it?
It's more effective against "boss" characters because it prevents them from fighting back by setting them on fire. (Also, it's cheaper than the DTS, although you can't get it until later in the game)
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Juuuuuuusssssssssttttt throwing this out there... but wouldn't it be nice if there was EMP 20 mm ammo along with the 2 other types of ammo for the Assault Rifle. Then it would be like having a GEP all rolled up into one... without taking up the extra space! :)
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

For one boss that is left at this point I'd rather use gibinator 8)

Can you at least move with it at full speed if you increase your low tech skill?
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

Jane_Denton wrote:Juuuuuuusssssssssttttt throwing this out there... but wouldn't it be nice if there was EMP 20 mm ammo along with the 2 other types of ammo for the Assault Rifle. Then it would be like having a GEP all rolled up into one... without taking up the extra space! :)
... and ricebags, gas grenades and maybe spiderbomb too, eh ;)
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

jellyfish wrote:
Jane_Denton wrote:Juuuuuuusssssssssttttt throwing this out there... but wouldn't it be nice if there was EMP 20 mm ammo along with the 2 other types of ammo for the Assault Rifle. Then it would be like having a GEP all rolled up into one... without taking up the extra space! :)
Actually speaking of spiderbombs... I really liked them in DEIW. It was like having a little pet following me around. :mrgreen:
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

jellyfish wrote:Can you at least move with it at full speed if you increase your low tech skill?
It already does that. Lvl 3 low-tech; no more slowing down (like heavy weapons and their skill).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jane_Denton wrote:
jellyfish wrote:
Actually speaking of spiderbombs... I really liked them in DEIW. It was like having a little pet following me around. :mrgreen:
They were very cute.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
robocop
Thug

Post by robocop »

I know NVShacker's screwdriver has a purpose, but are the wrench, hammer, or screwdriver useful for anything?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Killing people and then feeling awesome about it.

...so, no. Not really.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Does anyone have a list of Spawnable things like weapons?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

MageKing17 wrote:Also, I like Digital Ronin's katana. I'm not sure why, I'm usually all for efficient gameplay (which would suggest using the DTS instead, since it's cheaper and kills things dead faster)... I suppose it's because the animations and sound effects for DR's katana are just so much more awesome than for the DTS. First time I equipped that katana, I immediately went, "Now that's what I call a sword!"
If I had to pick a favourite weapon out of this game, it would be that sword. :D
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.