Am I SoL at this point

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Nova225
Mole Person

Am I SoL at this point

Post by Nova225 »

First off, I want to say how awesome this mod is, especially considering it's one of the few that doesn't have infinite problems with Steam.

Anyway, I had recently gotten to the choice of rescuing or killing Silver Dragon in the parking garage of WorldCorp. I had originally tried to rescue the big guy, making sure to kill all the guards in that area before telling SD that he was free to make his way to the exit. I then exited the parking garage the same way he went. However, he was nowhere to be found outside.

I went back inside, lo and behold, he's now hostile to me, and I have no saves before this point (I know multiple saves). Figuring I'd just roll with it, I managed to kill him. KK belittles me, etc. However, because I had killed all the guards earlier, Worldcorp isn't too happy with me being around either. So now neither of two major organizations want a piece of me.

I'll just start a new game anyway, but how do I keep SD from going hostile in the future?
johnshrapnel
Thug

Re: Am I SoL at this point

Post by johnshrapnel »

WorldCorp should still be interested in your services . . . I believe that the outcome of the SD mission is finalized by one of the two characters (Scara or Kashue) giving you the kiss-off PM . . . as long as only one of them sent you an angry PM, the other is basically the party you've thrown in with.

I don't think Scara much cares about the lives of his security guards :giggle:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah Scara should hire you no matter what, just go to the fourth floor and talk to him. If you feel like replaying, just make sure you talk to Silver at the exit of the parking garage before you leave - he'll give you what you need and you can return to PDX. If you just want to fix the AI glitch where certain characters turn hostile for no apparent reason, point at them and type "loveme" into the chat console (deleting the default "say" first).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

As this is a bug fixed in 1.0.4, I suggest updating...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...