Aunt Betty Industries problem

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

DeadYorick
Mole Person

Aunt Betty Industries problem

Post by DeadYorick »

Okay I get to Aunt Betty Industries area, using my quicksave like I did in Deus Ex. Now I get to Aunt Betty industries. But then I hit a brick wall, almost quite literally

I get to this area specifically

http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/File:TNMWalkthrough7.jpg

Here I try the jumping part at the far right, I jump all the way to the cave at the far end. But there's nothing in there except some holes in the wall, I try selecting everything, and even slashing at the wall with my sword doesn't do anything. I also find myself trapped here, as I can't jump back because one of the ledges is high up.

The walkthrough says "Now, either choose to enter ABI by this jumping puzzle (jump to the second next whitespace), or return to the tunnel storage mentioned earlier. " I assume the latter destination is the tunnel that was introduced at the beginning of the level. But what does it mean "jump to the second next whitespace?" Does it mean the three ice pools at the bottom? Obviously not as whenever I jump into any of them (I tried all three) they both instantly kill me. Even if I Phasrox me an upgrade canister for my speed and jump mod and land perfectly on the ground, I still die in all three pools no matter the distance.

How do I progress past this part without starting over completely?

EDIT: I noticed that I possibly posted in the wrong forum. However I still dunno whether or not this is a technical issue as to why the pools instantly kill me.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Aunt Betty Industries problem

Post by bobby 55 »

Er the white pools are ice-water and are meant to kill you. To the right of the guys in front of you, you should see rocks protrude on the cliff face. That's where you are meant to jump. Good God that's a challenge. You can return to where the chopper dropped you off if the jumping is too difficult, (if you have saved before hitting the bottom), or use the "fly" cheat. It always has been too hard for me.
Last edited by bobby 55 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DeadYorick
Mole Person

Post by DeadYorick »

bobby 55 wrote:Er the white pools are ice-water and are meant to kill you. To the right of the guys in front of you, you should see rocks protrude on the cliff face. That's where you are meant to jump. Good God that's a challenge. You can return to where the chopper dropped you off if the jumping is too difficult. It always has been for me.
As I mentioned in the post I am stuck in the cave at the far end at the moment. I am wondering how to progress past this point as I cant return the way I came. One of the ledges is far to high for me to jump on.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Oh sorry, you've go to the other side. If you stand at about 45 degrees of where you entered there's a ledge you can land on that's hard to see, then punch or hack the ice above you then jump up into mayhem.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

"jump to the second next whitespace" means you have to skip a part of the walktrhough when doing that (since the 2 next paragraphs talk about entering through the tunnel). Just follow the ledges till you hit the stairs.
If you can't, use the tunnel instead.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The ceiling in that cave is a thin sheet of ice, you can see some light coming through it. Break it with any melee weapon (your fists will do) and then climb up - there are notches in the wall you can use as a ladder to get up.

Moved to the spoiler forum.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ecs
Thug

Post by ecs »

ECS presents the best collection of Pret shirts to add a touch of elegance to your wardrobe. Explore our high-quality shirts that are perfect for any occasion. Order your favorite pret shirt online.
houseofflowers
Thug

Post by houseofflowers »

Discover our get well soon flowers and convey healing wishes. These colorful, stunning blooms provide your loved one's comfort and optimism. With nature's hug, you can express your concern and wish them a speedy recovery.
Borjan
Thug

Post by Borjan »

Check the best quality ladies wallets online at Borjan. Borjan offers their customers ladies wallets in variety of design. So Shop best wallet at Borjan onlne.
chahyay
Thug

Post by chahyay »

Discover The Ordinary serum for your skincare routine at Chahyay. Choose from a range of effective products including The Ordinary Vitamin C Serum and The Ordinary Retinol Serum. Achieve healthier, brighter skin with Chahyay selection of high-quality serums. Shop now for beautiful, radiant skin.
Shahtaj_Qaiser
Thug

Post by Shahtaj_Qaiser »

Experience the beautiful Embroidered dresses in Pakistan. Embroidered dresses have always been a popular choice for women, whether it's a casual day or a special event. We offer attractive designs, styles, and colors for women's apparel. Shop now!
raffatlaw
Thug

Post by raffatlaw »

Rafat Law Associates: Your trusted source for the Family lawyer in Rawalpindi. With a proven track record in handling diverse family matters, they offer expert legal support with professionalism and compassion.
michaelarrington
Mole Person

Post by michaelarrington »

If you're still having trouble, you can consider using cheat codes or console commands to bypass this section. These can vary depending on the game cookie clicker version and mods, so you may need to look up specific commands for The Nameless Mod.