How I Settled the Cult Problem in FC during the PDX Campaign

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Brad Denton
Thug

How I Settled the Cult Problem in FC during the PDX Campaign

Post by Brad Denton »

This is how I did it:

So it began after I heard Dark Templar's irrational rantings out, and returned back to Abomination. I was appalled when I saw that Abomination killed a PDX firewall cop. I was just going to help the Lamas because Silver Dragon was such a grand help for PDX, and the Lamas still think they are above the law? I stood behind AB, took out my DR's Katana on my increased hand aug, and sliced him out. I instantly became a Goat, and managed to kill lots of Lamas without getting penalized by PDX because I didn't kill any Goats during my ShadowCode mission!

On the second day, after clearing out the Corporate Sector of all the WC goons with my incendiary GEP rockets and the bots with EMP GEP rockets, without I single Firewall get killed, I fought for the Goats again. I cleansed the Lama temple of that Beefman, bigot against Melk (TM), and burned him with Deus Diablo's blade! I made sure not Lama survived... After I returned to the High Priestess, and I got my reward then sneaked into the Melk chamber and turned the valves off. I killed both the head lady and DT with my DD blade, and shot all Goats directly into the head... Both cults were no more, and I did it by switching sides to the most powerful cult, the Goats, and burned the Goats' udders after helping them achieve victory.... I couldn't destroy the Melk fountains, but the Goats were now leaderless, even though I couldn't find OiNutter at the second level...

So that's how I achieved my goal to pacify both cults... I guess the OTP didn't include an alternate epilogue bit which stated what happened when both cults are down, but since I helped the Goats achieve victory before betraying them, do I still get the ending where the Goats are supreme and the server guys are still stuck down there? Not that it matters: I'm just satisfied with the effectiveness of my ruthless tactics.

Besides, I only worship Crikey, the Robotic Giant Squid of Virtual Bliss.

Anyways... Did any of you other Moderators betray both cults in an interesting way?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: How I Settled the Cult Problem in FC during the PDX Camp

Post by Jonas »

Brad Denton wrote:I guess the OTP didn't include an alternate epilogue bit which stated what happened when both cults are down
Yeah we did...
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
nalle
Thug

Re: How I Settled the Cult Problem in FC during the PDX Camp

Post by nalle »

What I usually do if I want to kill both cults is ally with the Goats initially and then once I finish off killing the Lamas I meet up with Dark Templar and Athena in the Goat inner temple for my final reward and kill em both with an explosive barrel (can be found in the storage room next to the security room outside the lasers). Funny thing is, the other guards in their inner sanctum doesn't turn hostile after this even though the guards in the rest of Goat city does.

The reason for doing the above is simple: Killing Athena and Dark Templar if you are hostile to the Goats is MUCH harder then anything you'll face in the Lama Temple.