Disabling Black ICE without being noticed

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Quincel
Thug

Disabling Black ICE without being noticed

Post by Quincel »

Is it actually possible to do this? I've tried EMP-ing the small bot, multitool-ing the laser grid, multitool-ing the box and then termoptic camo-ing past That Guy to his computer. I've tried just using vast amounts of thermoptic camo. I've even tried crouching so I make no sound on the entire level. Every damn time I tell Evil Invasion that 'TG saw me, but couldn't stop me since he was a hologram'. How do I sneak by him?

NB: I am willing to cheat and summon any and all things I need.

EDIT: By the way, I noticed two small 'errors' in the way TNM reacts to player decisions. Firstly, when playing as PDX if I refuse to help Pimp-JoJo in DXI and even kill him for daring ask me then when I get to DXO they still say that "They've been watching me, and have no reason not to trust me" (or words to that effect) and aren't hostile. Secondly, when getting to DXO I decided to kill them all without talking to them once and break out Kevo-Sama myself. Then I ignored his suggestion I check out TRM's office. But when I got to PDX I still had the same conversation with Kashue about GameSpy and so on. Obviously you aren't recording new audio, so even if a Patch 1.0.6 ever happens this can't be changed. I'm really saying this to check if you know about it and if I possibly missed anything which explains how they aren't errors after all.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Disabling Black ICE without being noticed

Post by Jonas »

Those things do sound like oversights, but it's been so long I can't remember. I'm pretty sure I tested the Black ICE mission thoroughly to make sure it was possible to complete without being spotted, but it's quite likely that some bug snuck in there along the way. I do remember that you're not allowed to be spotted by anybody at any point in that level if you want to get the stealth bonus, which is a little overly harsh, but there you have it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Disabling Black ICE without being noticed

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Totally not exploitable hint;

Before you get the quest, go there and kill EVERYONE. It only starts counting once you got the quest, so all the ruckus and murdering before don't count, and make it a cake-walk...
Yeah, my stealth sucks :P
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...