TNM 2: GameSpy Strikes Back (Not Gonna Happen Sequel Idea)

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Brad Denton
Thug

TNM 2: GameSpy Strikes Back (Not Gonna Happen Sequel Idea)

Post by Brad Denton »

In the TNM Discussion, when I asked if a sequel was possible, I made the mistake of putting some spoilers in without realizing it. So I thought of redoing the thread, just for fun, so I could talk as many spoilers as I want here. Of course, a sequel like this could never be made, because TNM works so well by itself and took a LOT of work to accomplish. But, just for fun, here is the sequel I have in mind.

Trestkon has gone missing. Andreus has become a Moderator, but something has gone wrong. The Moderators have now become mortal, and worse. Forum City in Planet Deus Ex is.... changing. Suddenly, the big hubs are becoming... smaller and minimalistic. The interface of all the Users in Forum City is also changing. They now have the stupid menu screen from Deus Ex 2 as their hud, and the augmentations have been drastically simplified. The engine is still Deus Ex 1, but the world is morphing into Invisible War. Reality in Planet Deus Ex is being altered for the weird and uncomfortable. The culprit is the massive space ship with the GameSpy logo above. Apparently, GameSpy was not totally obliterated, and reinforcements from the farthest reaches of the Internet have come back with a vengeance. They could just as easily destroy Planet Deus Ex, but no. They don't want to destroy them: they want to mess with its inhabitants by making them experience the most awkward interactive experiences from DX: IW. Why? Why don't they reveal themselves immediately? What else is it that they want? An encrypted message sent to Planet Deus Ex from the space craft demands them to give them what they want, or reality will completely become IW. It's not the Firestaff they want. It's something else: something far more ancient back when GameSpy was very young. And Trestkon's disappearance is linked to it.

To find out what this item is, Andreus has to globe hop around Forum Planet to discover the truth. Go to locations such as Planet Unreal, Planet Half-Life, Planet Doom, and Planet Diablo. Go to new Forum City locations like the massive monastery of the mystical and deadly Cow Cult. Visit the Rapture-like underwater utopia/dystopia of Ryan and deal with a variety of different mutated Board Guests. Work with questionably moral factions like IGN, which serves as the game's equivalent of the Illuminati. Have relationships with Deus Ex fans from different nationalities, and face the consequences. Use new weapons like exploding-head darts, the fighting style known as the Way of the Bludgeoning Udders and Hooves, an electrified spear gun, the old-Unreal physics gravity manipulator, the Blood 1 pitchfork, the GoldenEye AK-47, Grosse's dual chainguns, LSD gas grenades, Kyle Katarn's Bryar Pistol, the baton from DX 2, and the projectile riot prod from DX 2 with enhanced and improved range.

Let GameSpy's invasion begin! (or not)
boct1584
Thug

Re: TNM 2: GameSpy Strikes Back (Not Gonna Happen Sequel Ide

Post by boct1584 »

I love the sound of this.