Extra-dimensional hallway???

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

r00tb33r
MJ12

Extra-dimensional hallway???

Post by r00tb33r »

Whoa, never seen this done in any games other than Serious Sam. Awesome job guys. =D>
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Extra-dimensional hallway???

Post by Kee715 »

Same here, I hardly ever see games with shifting gravity like that.

I am unfortunately having a bit of trouble finding the Karkain snot :(

[OFF TOPIC] Serious Sam rules, better than Duke Nukem. I am awaiting Serious Sam 3 more than Duke Nukem Forever, but I will be happy if either one comes out.
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Kee715 wrote:I am unfortunately having a bit of trouble finding the Karkain snot :(
I found it just cause you mentioned, but I'm not gonna spoil unless you ask.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I have Serious Sam 2 but I got bored of it eventually, but Serious Sam is an awesome set of games. I liked the big gravity-shifting wall in the Serious Sam '2' demo that all the monsters come down, very cool.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Serious Sam was an average game with an awesome engine. Don't get me wrong. I finished serious sam 1, second encounter, and serious sam 2, so they can't be that bad. Where it really stood out, however, was its ability to render nice looking environments with hundreds of enemies at a framerate far exceeding mainstream engines of the time. That along with the unique (I think) engine features like variable gravity (with ai to match)
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

I found it, rather well hidden to the unobservant.

Yes I quite often miss things, I found something in regular DX the other day and I thought I had found everything...

As for Serious Sam I know it is not exactly perfect, but it plays more like an old game so it has that nostalgia (Or false nostalgia) felling to it. I wish there was an active modding communtiy around it like with other games. :(
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Where abouts is it? I have yet to run into it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Someone did a 2001: A Spade Odyssey map for the original Unreal like that (based on the circular space station near the start). Didn't work that well because only projectiles went through portals, but the idea was cool.