Regarding the door leading to the alley near Aemer's apt.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

terthos
Thug

Regarding the door leading to the alley near Aemer's apt.

Post by terthos »

This door is flagged as infinite lock and door strength. Yet, can be blown open with a LAM. Am I missing something here? This doesn't happen with Aemer's apt front door.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: Regarding the door leading to the alley near Aemer's apt.

Post by DDL »

It's infinite lock and 100% door strength: inf strength and 100% strength appear the same in terms of 'green bar', but ..as you've spotted, behave differently.
terthos
Thug

Post by terthos »

Yes, I know. But I can't blow out Aemer's front door in the same way. So, you are saying the player needs to decide for himself if he should waste a LAM trying to blow the door. It seems inconsistent to be able to blow 1 door with inf str and lock, yet not another flagged the same way. If that is the intent, I can live with that. Normally, I would not have wasted a LAM on it. OK! So, I have not yet discovered another way into Aemer's apt. I pushed all the buttons to no avail. If I do blow the door, and use fire escape, he wonders why I'm there and Trestkon replies "To use the fire escape to access the alley". Want to give me a hint?
ZIGS
NSF

Post by ZIGS »

Yeah, that confused me too. I used a LAM to blow the door and when I talked to Aemer, Trestkon said he wanted to use the fire escape but that's exactly from where I got in. My theory is, I was supposed to wait until I got a side-quest that required/allowed me to enter the building from the front door and then to use the fire escape to get out. Am I right? Did I broke anything? :x
terthos
Thug

Post by terthos »

I thought maybe the sidequest from NvShacker would have allowed entry to the apt.

EDIT: See offtopicproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37534#p37534
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's a part of the main storylines, but getting in there early doesn't really break anything - it just confuses you a little. Once you get the actual mission that requires you to go back there, you'll be able to ring the door bell too.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ZIGS
NSF

Post by ZIGS »

That's good to know. In the next version, you guys could add a line to Aemer saying something like "What... you're not supposed to be here. Go back and wait for the quest, jeez. Also, you're paying for that door you blew up" And then 50 credits would be deducted from our money. Just a thought :roll:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Uh thanks for the suggestion but we're not recording any more voice acting.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas wrote:Uh thanks for the suggestion but we're not recording any more voice acting.
Because it would result in insanity.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

You could work with what you have though. Have the conversation cut out right before, "I want to use your fire escape..." or better still, replace that with Trest saying nothing (subtitle it [awkward silence] or [total silence] if you like) and then go from there to, "Oh, right, right, see you around." Be totally random, without having the player realize they've bumped into a possibility you didn't record for.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

But... we did account for that. I mean we tested it and found it not to be too weird. We were just so far into the project at that point that we didn't have time to add new dialogue for it (I know it's the TNM way, but you must cut us some slack, just this once).
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine