Bug: Cloaking

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Scale
NSF

Bug: Cloaking

Post by Scale »

I have the cloak aug installed inside the WC ID there is a door with a guard looking straight at it, so i though ill cloak open the door walk back shot him in the head from back of the other room however i open the door he comes charging at me.

Now later when your facing the shadow AI there is this tunnel with turrets on the sides well that's allot of LAM's, so i check my stealth armor in my inventory and it says makes the user invisibly to both human and both and reflects radar so i excepted to just walk past the turrets however they see straight through it and shoot me to shit.
jellyfish
NSF

Re: Bug: Cloaking

Post by jellyfish »

Cloak only works when enemies aren't aware of you're presence. If they saw you uncloaked or you attacked someone nearby they'll see you.

I had problems with thermoptic camo in dx campaign using shifter as well, it's probably related.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's possible that the turrets aren't treated as radar by the game, so you can't cheat them with radar transparency, or it's possible the thermoptic camo is just bugged. We haven't changed it at all from Deus Ex though, so it would in that case be a Deus Ex bug. There was a time when we would go out of our way to fix any DX bugs we could find, but this time is unfortunately past. We're not fixing any carry-over bugs from DX anymore unless they're absolutely game-breaking.

Also in version 1.0.1, the turret hallway you're describing will no longer have any turrets - the trap has been removed.

As for the WC guard charging you, I don't know why that would happen, but maybe you automatically uncloaked when you interacted with the door?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

No, if you're cloaked and then shoot someone, they can effectively 'see' you, even if you drop out of sight and then return.

I always explained it away as cloaking making you look sufficiently hidden to be 'ignorable', but that nobody in their right mind would ignore a shifty looking shadow TRYING TO SHOOT THEM.
xcomcmdr
Thug

Post by xcomcmdr »

Also in version 1.0.1, the turret hallway you're describing will no longer have any turrets - the trap has been removed.
But.. why ? It surely sounds like fun!
No, if you're cloaked and then shoot someone, they can effectively 'see' you, even if you drop out of sight and then return.

I always explained it away as cloaking making you look sufficiently hidden to be 'ignorable', but that nobody in their right mind would ignore a shifty looking shadow TRYING TO SHOOT THEM.
Yup, that happens to me every time in DX. Cloaking does not mean godhood! XD
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

xcomcmdr wrote:But.. why ? It surely sounds like fun!
Yes it does, doesn't it?

But it isn't.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine