WC Server Room - no key?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

yns88
Thug

WC Server Room - no key?

Post by yns88 »

There apparently is a "password" to the server room on the 2nd floor of the WC, but I've searched every floor (except the 4th) in all areas other than the optional ones as well as the secret basement and haven't found the password anywhere. It doesn't really make sense for a main plotline quest to require you to use four freaking lockpicks on a single door (I tolerated the necessary multitool locks on the elevator/stairs, but even those should have a brute force workaround).

So what am I missing here?

EDIT: Okay, I stand corrected. Found scanner access and only had to use two lockpicks this time. Still would be nice to know where that damn key is.
Last edited by yns88 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yns88
Thug

Re: WC Server Room - no key?

Post by yns88 »

Also, while we're on the topic of the building, I noticed that you could open up the aquariums on floor 1. However, I couldn't enter one of them due to a clipping error, and it seems that was the only one with any items in it (the lockpick). The other one still gave me an exploration bonus, but there was nothing in there.

Edit: Actually, I just had to shimmy around quite a bit in order to get in. Unreal engine clipping bugs :x
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

There's a key/password for an adjacent storage room somewhere nearby. From there you can use the vent shaft to get into the server room ... and find a password on the table.
yns88
Thug

Post by yns88 »

Is that "nearby" as in "on the same floor"? Or as in "on a different floor but I just like misleading you so you waste flashlight energy crawling through those vents for 20 minutes"?
jellyfish
NSF

Post by jellyfish »

Definately on the same floor, and not too far away. Can't remember exact location but I know it was on a box ... I think.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

No it's on the same floor, somewhere in the R&C lab.
yns88
Thug

Post by yns88 »

Yeah, I just found it. I didn't think it would be in there since the last time I went that way I got a PM telling me I was off-track.

EDIT: Haha, I just got a 100 credit op bonus for "keeping the casualties low" -- even though there was a mound of dead bodies in front of the server room entrance. Another bug, or a feature?