Weird stuff, triggers, Continuum of the construct.(bugs)

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

JC_Helios
X-51

Weird stuff, triggers, Continuum of the construct.(bugs)

Post by JC_Helios »

Sometimes the game seemed to register stuff that seems a little off so...

Some Minor Weirdness:

1:KK congratulates me on not killing anyone when getting the bus pass....despite the fact that I killed 3 rent-a-cops in Phas' apartment, 1 Firewall who attacked me after I broke into a shop, the Goat Kidnappers, I also knocked out the crazy guy outside Sol's for his disk.. I might have also killed 1 or 2 other people.

2:KK did the same for my attack on WC, but I gues all I killed there was security guards. I KOed every non combatant, or named person.

3:I kind of missed out on the Master_Kale thing, and N00bZ thing.The firewalls killed both of them on their own, I only knew about it from the news stories. I ended up coming accross a firewall agent who then gave me the mission to clear out the Noobz and Trest just said that HE already did it, even though the firewalls killed them. Then after changing maps I got a PM from Phas which made no sense due to the fact that I was already on the Goat City mission.( He told me to check in with KK for the first time)

4: Did I cause the news story about a fight in Partyzone? There was no fight while I was there. I accidentally took out my gun and spooked two business people for a sec, but that was it.

5:Also the EMP glove doesn't work on cameras, Alarm panels, turrets, lasers, etc?

6: I guess it was a Shifter feature, but I really thought greasels could be stunned with a prod/stun fist. Oh well I guess that's one area where the lethal gloves beat the stun ones.

7: I think the stun fist mentions that it has the possibility of being lethal, but I have yet to be able to kill someone with it.

I suppose 1&2 make a bit of sense, since I mostly just killed rent-a-cop types. I'm sure there's some more small stuff I'm forgetting, might post more later.

To save room how much cheating is too much? every time I grenade climb around or use a cheat code like ghost or opensesame I get the feeling that I'm being impatient and perhaps screwing stuff up that I'm supposed to deal with later.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Weird stuff, triggers, Continuum of the construct.(bugs)

Post by Trestkon »

JC_Helios wrote:To save room how much cheating is too much? every time I grenade climb around or use a cheat code like ghost or opensesame I get the feeling that I'm being impatient and perhaps screwing stuff up that I'm supposed to deal with later.
Ghosting and opensesame have the potential to seriously screw up the game logic, gren-climbing should be fine :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:1:KK congratulates me on not killing anyone when getting the bus pass....despite the fact that I killed 3 rent-a-cops in Phas' apartment, 1 Firewall who attacked me after I broke into a shop, the Goat Kidnappers, I also knocked out the crazy guy outside Sol's for his disk.. I might have also killed 1 or 2 other people.
I believe he only counts if you kill any of the n00bz. I admit that makes little sense when you don't actually do that mission. I'll look into it, but it may be so small that we'll let it slide. Hopefully I can fix it though.
2:KK did the same for my attack on WC, but I gues all I killed there was security guards. I KOed every non combatant, or named person.
Yeah somebody else mentioned getting that. To be honest the kill-counting code is kind of a mess. I'll ask Shane or Nick to give it another look.
3:I kind of missed out on the Master_Kale thing, and N00bZ thing.The firewalls killed both of them on their own, I only knew about it from the news stories. I ended up coming accross a firewall agent who then gave me the mission to clear out the Noobz and Trest just said that HE already did it, even though the firewalls killed them. Then after changing maps I got a PM from Phas which made no sense due to the fact that I was already on the Goat City mission.( He told me to check in with KK for the first time)
We're aware of this. It'll be fixed in 1.0.1. Thanks a lot for mentioning it though.
4: Did I cause the news story about a fight in Partyzone? There was no fight while I was there. I accidentally took out my gun and spooked two business people for a sec, but that was it.
That was you, yes. The game counts any disturbance in there as a fight. Blame it on everybody being a bit oversensitive now that Deus is missing.
5:Also the EMP glove doesn't work on cameras, Alarm panels, turrets, lasers, etc?
Perhaps it doesn't. Have you tested it on any robots? There's a distinct possibility it may quite simply be broken. I'll check it out.
7: I think the stun fist mentions that it has the possibility of being lethal, but I have yet to be able to kill someone with it.
Hm. Have you been able to knock anybody unconscious with them? That would be a bug if you have.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Emp Glove: It seems to work fine on most bots... didn't seem to do anything to a spider bot I tried to use it on. It also seems a little bit underpowered, it works fine for Mill bots where you can out maneuver it but even the little security bots take 4-5 hits to disable, and by then they usually have me down to orange chest(or greenish-yellow/yellow with ballistic protection.)

Stun Glove: Yep it knocks them out after 4-8 hits, and is rather powerful if you can take your enemies on one at a time.

EDIT:

Having completed the Shadowcode mission and killing several Goats I returned to PDX. Phas offered me some items, I got .45 ammo, and a charger for the prod but was didn't have room for the silencer. After making room and talking to Phas I wan't able to get the silencer.

Why has Sol's been Inf/Inf locked all this time? Ever since I first visited the corporate sector or after I did the first 1-2 missions in WC it has been locked.Recently I noticed the steel door on the fence is only INF/100%; so I blew it up. From there I took the back door and noticed everyone inside just chilling and acting like nothing is up despite the fact they were all locked in... I didn't do anything to upset any of the occupants I think.

Also how does the aug upgrade code work... does TNM use special medbots? I bought the aqua/enviro aug off of Kunio and I couldn't use it to upgrade my enviro aug (both at lvl2 or at lvl 3) when I summoned a medical bot.
Last edited by JC_Helios on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dead-eye
X-51

Post by Dead-eye »

I'm thinking about killing everything...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:Why has Sol's been Inf/Inf locked all this time? Ever since I first visited the corporate sector or after I did the first 1-2 missions in WC it has been locked.Recently I noticed the steel door on the fence is only INF/100%; so I blew it up. From there I took the back door and noticed everyone inside just chilling and acting like nothing is up despite the fact they were all locked in... I didn't do anything to upset any of the occupants I think.
Known bug, check the Bugs thread for a workaround until patch 1.0.1 is out.
Also how does the aug upgrade code work... does TNM use special medbots? I bought the aqua/enviro aug off of Kunio and I couldn't use it to upgrade my enviro aug (both at lvl2 or at lvl 3) when I summoned a medical bot.
We use special medbots, yes.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine