Stealing from RavingNutter's store.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

LTKJAY
Thug

Stealing from RavingNutter's store.

Post by LTKJAY »

Don't even bother.
GOD DAAAAAMN
Gunpowder, Gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
admiraljustin
Thug

Re: Stealing from RavingNutter's store.

Post by admiraljustin »

Be glad I never shared my *ahem* security system from when I was working on v1 of that map. I got bored.

Basically it filled the room with MIBs and a bot that was hostile to them.
Is that a muffin?
yns88
Thug

Post by yns88 »

I haven't tried actually stealing anything yet, but from what I've seen through exploring it shouldn't be too hard to disable the security systems. You'll need an EMP grenade to deactivate the ventilation security so that people don't turn hostile on you, though.
Lemeza
Mole Person

Post by Lemeza »

If you want to steal from his store, The Way to do it is to go up in the dumb waiter (behind the counter) and disable the box there, then go through the vents and hack the sercuity termanil and then select turn off case alarms.
LTKJAY
Thug

Post by LTKJAY »

I've already stolen from the store, you'll see later on the metro why you shouldn't.
Gunpowder, Gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

See I did it super macgyver style. I took the fire extinguisher on the wall across from the vent. Then blocked the path of the lasers with the coolent stream from the fire extinguisher as I skirted by. Viola! No Multitools or anything expended.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I just blew stuff up. I went into the locker room, chucked a lam and ran into a corner. I think i used an emp on the lasers in the vents though. I haven't yet tried to steal from the cases, but i didn't see anything i wanted anyhow.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

There's also a tiny bug in Raving Nutter's where you don't have to pay for the LAWs because you can grab them from the back of the cases. :-^
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

I only took stuff from the locker and stuff from the security room and i had goons try to kill me. Took me a good like 3 times before I could kill em
HTNK
Mole Person

Post by HTNK »

Why "don't bother stealing" ? :)
Yeah guys at the metro took me one WP rocket and I was attacked by both Raving Nutter and his assistant(can't remember his name) upon entering the store again. You basically lose nothing (if you got your .45 silencer upgrades before stealing that is). When you kill both of them you got the whole store for yourself :twisted: you can still buy stuff or (use multitools) on the lockers

I do not advocate stealing ... but that shiny... beautiful GEP gun... I just couldn't help it :roll:
Last edited by HTNK on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Unless of course Andreas/Raving have something new of interest on day 2?

As for the thugs, I set a gas grenade, killed two and made the leader run away..... I hate it when they run away from me and I can never find them again, also happened with one of the Goat kidnappers.
Last edited by JC_Helios on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTNK
Mole Person

Post by HTNK »

JC_Helios wrote:Unless of course Andreas/Raving have something new of interest on day 2?
Hmmm never thought of that :) gotta check it on the replay (but I'm waiting for the patch first)
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I bought and subsequently lobbed a LAM into the locker rooms and opened them all up. Nobody at the time reacted to a large explosion and me looting the wreckage at the time... :(
TheXGhost
Thug

Post by TheXGhost »

I just hit all of the lockers with a sword, and busted them all open. I think I had trained low-tech weapons.
.siht daer ot emit eht koot yllautca uoy eveileb tnac I
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Busting things open with the sword was wonky and inconsistent in the original Deus Ex but it seems much more so in TNM.
I've also been able to chop open various doors and things with my standard metal sword that I probably shouldn't be able too.