Taking on those Red Greasels was so disappointing

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Taking on those Red Greasels was so disappointing

Post by Jetsetlemming »

It took me like TWENTY TRIES, and THREE CRASHES from quickloading among them, in order to kill all six. I tried to block off the other cells with objects but the damn greasels would push the rolly chairs out of the way, and there's very little in the way of props beyond those in the WC labs. My final strategy ended up being to use the chairs to slow them down, fire a LAW into the wall of a middle cell to get rid of those two, throw two lams in the back and frontmost cells, and run away and hide in a vent and shotgun a little bit of greasel visible to me when one manages to survive all that and chase my ass down. I didn't have a fire extinguisher so one hit = dead for me.

So what do I get for all that? 50 skill points, a PHAT can, a ketchup bar, a box of useless sabot, and some .45s.

:( :( :(

It's especially crushing since I mistook the phat canister for an aug upgrade through the blue screen.
TheXGhost
Thug

Re: Taking on those Red Greasels was so disappointing

Post by TheXGhost »

yeah, thats why I never opened their cages.... but damn, it took that much to kill them?
.siht daer ot emit eht koot yllautca uoy eveileb tnac I
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

I played a game of: jump around wildly in front of greasel, run away as fast as I can, say hello to Mr. Friendly Turret, run past and hide behind closed door.

Killed the greasels one by one that way.... I'm a VERY big pack rat, hate using my precious stuff.

And yes ghost, Mr Turret had quite the hard time with them red, dead, reasels :ninja: Lame joke?
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

Put some obstacles in the front door and after that use a LAM or the assault rifle grenades in the corridor, with that you will exterminate the greasels in one shot
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Nanosword and cloak pretty much takes all the challenge out of it.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
TheXGhost
Thug

Post by TheXGhost »

Daggsy wrote:Nanosword and cloak pretty much takes all the challenge out of it.

wait.... Nanosword? Did I miss something here? Anyway, yeah I fell for the 'phat rifle ammo looks like an aug upgrade' thing too, but It was where you go up in the vent and can come out in the room where the guy tells you to "deliver" an aug, in the cabinet thing.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Nanosword is another name for the Dragon's Tooth sword.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I've maxed my PHAT ammo and left several canisters behind, and I've yet to actually find the gun. Just started interacting with the cults.
Pepper spray, too.
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

Well, keep looking. The gun is worth it for comedy value alone.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Are you in the WorldCorp storyline?

If so, you'll want to take a good hard look around PDX HQ when you're breaking in there.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

No, PDX. Is it only available on the WC path?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, in the PDX storyline you'll get it eventually, just make sure you talk to Winquman between each mission.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I got my ASS kicked by those red greasels, and I had a fire extinguisher too. I certainly didn't have any HE ammo for the assault rifle. Wait. Did I even have an assault rifle? Didn't have any explosives at all, I don't think. I was in there for something like the third mission in the game...

I thought that was an aug upgrade too, but I couldn't kill more than one or two of the greasels before the rest wtfpwned me, even if I was abusing the medbot. I decided it wasn't worth it.
TheXGhost
Thug

Post by TheXGhost »

I'm about to go try this, but i think if you planted a lam on the wall at each of the center cages, and dropped one in front of the back two cages, when you open the cages and toss a lam in between the front cages, it might detonate all of the other ones, and possibly kill them all. Ill post the result it a bit.

EDIT-

ok, i found out 1) dropping a grenade drops all of them, 2) they dont blow up if they are dropped, and 3) that they still explode (when shot) after being deactivated with NVShacker's screwdriver. You can get this by killing NVShacker and pillaging his dead body. So, what i did is place a lam in the center of each CAGE DOOR on the right side, and quickly deactivated them with the screwdriver, so they wouldn't explode. Then I went and opened the cage doors, causing the lam's to fall on the floor, still able to detonate. First, I tried sniping the closest lam, and while it did kill them all, I suffered major damage, so i reloaded and just tossed another lam in, finishing the job without taking any damage this time.

Jonas wrote:Nanosword is another name for the Dragon's Tooth sword.
and i know that, I meant did I miss finding the nanosword? And, which map is it on?
WarV
Mole Person

Post by WarV »

Well I was able to kill them all fairly easy. You open up their cages and wait till they walk out, but don't open the main door. Then go and close their cages so they can't run back into them. Open the main door throw a LAM in there and close it really quick. This killed all, but one. I just shot up the last one quickly.