What's the login for the WCI "upper floor security console"?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

What's the login for the WCI "upper floor security console"?

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I found a note saying that the UC info is on a WCID computer and with this login and pass supposed to unlock it and download the codes so I can use the UC:
However, this is problematic. It appears to be WCSciMaint/bBadScience_I, however due to the vagueness of the DX font, it could also be WCSciMaint/bBadScience_l, or WCSciMaint/bBadScienceJ.
While the password is undesirably vague, it has a finite amount of possible real entries.
However.
Not one of the three works in any of the three computers in the security room on the upper floor of the WCID area.
Is there some fourth possible way of reading that login info? Is there a DIFFERENT WCID upper floor security console somewhere? What's going wrong here?
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Re: What's the login for the WCI "upper floor security console"?

Post by chris the cynic »

Based on what you've said I'm guessing you haven't tried 1.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Yep, tripped me up the first time too. After I figured that out I just had to conquer my usual problem of misspelling/forgetting everything.
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

personally I had issues with finding what console to use, I figured it was 1 in the password at the start, as it made the most sense.

And it is the secuirty thing on the wall.
Last edited by deuxhero on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

ARRRGGGHHHHH.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Whoever made the font should be shot. (I also never managed to get it to work)
Draconis
Thug

Post by Draconis »

You're in the right place, and it's L, I had no problem with this, I didn't really think about it but you're right, they do look awfully similar. However, you know you can just copy the code from the notes right? With CTRL+C and then paste it right into the password section, try that out.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Draconis wrote:You're in the right place, and it's L, I had no problem with this, I didn't really think about it but you're right, they do look awfully similar. However, you know you can just copy the code from the notes right? With CTRL+C and then paste it right into the password section, try that out.
Well it's not an L, as the others say it's 1, but apart from that you are correct, copy/pasting is clearly the best solution :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Never realised you could copy and paste in DX. Hardly any games seem to have the ability. Wish i knew that when i first played DX, would have made trying to remember usernames and passwords easyer (Or save alot of paper and pen's).
Draconis
Thug

Post by Draconis »

Jonas wrote:
Draconis wrote:You're in the right place, and it's L, I had no problem with this, I didn't really think about it but you're right, they do look awfully similar. However, you know you can just copy the code from the notes right? With CTRL+C and then paste it right into the password section, try that out.
Well it's not an L, as the others say it's 1, but apart from that you are correct, copy/pasting is clearly the best solution :)
lol oh. I meant to say 1. I did use copy and paste so... now I look st00ped.