Entrance to DXI?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Trafalgar
NSF

Entrance to DXI?

Post by Trafalgar »

There are a few spoilers in this post for stuff that comes before DXI. My problem is that I can't figure out how to get to the entrance, or perhaps the instructions were too vague.

I can't seem to find it, or I can't seem to get to it. I thought I was told that I would access a terminal in a shed (I got the impression it was one of the edge-of-level sheds guarded by firewalls, but apparently not since I checked all of them, especially the conspicuous one with the differently colored firewall; I even tried to talk to him).

I noticed that something changed in the level - a gate opened and an engineer left - and from inside the previously inaccessible area, I see what looks like an excavation site through the fence, and bots roaming around it, but I don't see any way to reach it. I'm blocked by the fences, and where I am there are huge cylinder things. There are boxes of varying size, here, and I read the datacube/pad saying that the engineer was trying to fix the faulty things, but I don't see any way to get on top of the cylinders. If I could, presumably I could get over the fence. I can't jump that high, and I can't stack the boxes - I only have one movable large box (besides a cardboard one, which I repeatedly failed to get on top of another large metal box), since I can't move the one with the datacube on top of it. The datacube is making it impossible to move it, or to stand on it, or to get anything else on top of it, and I can't toss other boxes on top of the big boxes either.

Back outside the fence there's a keypad next to a gate blocking a ramp leading to a helipad with a helicopter on it (judging by the sound, and I think I saw the rotating blades), but I don't have a code for it; It's got INF strength.

I thought I had explored everywhere, but I haven't found any way down there. (I found all four ingredients for Yardbomb, and got the lollerskates on my own, if that gives any indication of how much I've explored the slums)

I do have the jumping mod, but only have one point in it, and no money (I spent it all on LAMs and 10 mm ammo, since I used ALL my 10mm and 45mm ammo in ShadowCode's area on the flying drones.

Edit: Hah! I got on top of the cylinder things by building a Crazy Box Stack out of 1 large metal box, the large cardboard box, and 3 small metal boxes, and repositioning the small metal boxes as I climbed up. Evil Invasion said "STOP! Oh teh noes!" once I got up though. Nice time to tell me that if I have anything to take care of I had better do it... If I jump back down I'll have to dismantle the stack and spend another 5 minutes rebuilding and climbing back up. I'm not doing that... Also, without that jump aug I couldn't have gotten up top (at least not without another box, if I could even manage to stack it on the others).
jellyfish
NSF

Re: Entrance to DXI?

Post by jellyfish »

Trafalgar wrote:... but I don't see any way to get on top of the cylinders.
One of them has a very nice ladder you know :-^
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Ask Whiskers, he'll tell you where to go.

Just past Wilbur, Whiskers, and Nosferatu there is a gate guarded by 2 firewalls one of which is an agent.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Apparently it WAS in the shed with the differently colored firewall - He didn't have any special speech, so I completely missed it, but there was a button in the shed...

Of course, it turns out that going in that way is suicide. The way I went was safer (I walked along the tops of the walls, then onto the comm shed, snuck into there, and restored the bot AI).

As for a ladder, I didn't even LOOK for one, because the datapad said there was no ladder.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Trafalgar wrote:As for a ladder, I didn't even LOOK for one, because the datapad said there was no ladder.
Datacube wrote:That damn silo is also still leaking on the top. I couldn't get up there because there's no ladder! The only ladder is behind the silo next to where I parked the van. What do they expect me to do, climb up on that and balance across the steam pipes to the leaking silo!?
I'd say that's a fairly obvious hint as to what you're meant to do ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine