Disappointment: The Sequel (Old Server Complex)

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: Disappointment: The Sequel (Old Server Complex)

Post by AgentSmithereens »

That's very true, I always upgrade medicine skill early on.
And it's very cheap at, what, 900 points?
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Also a bit disappointed about this one:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hahahah nice stacking though!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Shot0019.jpg
Another dissapointment here. Not that I stacked that much (not too fond of it), but I would have expected something, since the stuff inside the building itself was kind of weak.
So I travelled to the next door, expecting that to slide open and reveal a room, but nope, nothing. Worse; nothing to stack there meant I could only jump down (to my dead) :(.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

^I found that one, too. I pretty much took it in stride though, since it only took me a single grenade + speed aug to get up on the rooftop, and from up there you can see outside the map boundaries so you can see you aren't supposed to be able to get up there.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

The blowgun and crossbow become even more useful on the spacestation, too. Darts and blowdarts do mega-damage to aliens - on normal difficulty they both kill aliens in one hit, regardless of where you shoot them (blowdarts on humans seem to act like tranqs; not so on aliens). Of course, darts are using flare dart ammo or somesuch bugginess until 1.0.2. The blowgun only takes up 2 inventory slots.

Also, the rice bags seem to work on the green aliens no matter where you hit them, although it may take multiple shots. Either that or the location of their 'head' as far as aiming goes is bizarre. Darts are better, but in case you run out...

I had master pistol skill in my WC playthrough and was killing my human enemies with headshots with the silenced .45's or a scoped 10mm, but when I got to the spacestation I started using the crossbow and blowgun (along with the 10mm to snipe occasionally). I also carry a ton of LAMs, EMP grenades, and gas grenades all the time, and medkits and energy cells. I also carried around step mines (I had 7 or so by time I reached Deus Diablo) and tranq mines (5 or so).
Last edited by Trafalgar on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Can't remember, but I think grays (and thus possibly gamespy aliens) count as 'animals' for purposes of determining hit locations. In other words, they don't have any, they just have 'health'.

Actually, if anyone wants to check this with augtarget at level 3+, that'd be great.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

@ Jetset: But grenadeclimbing is cheating [-X. Oh well, I used a chair and lvl 4 legs. And there are other locations in the game where you can see the mapsides, yet it is still intended for you to get there.

@ DDL: Unfortunately, it seems Targeting gives a blank screen for most people (me and my friend who plays TNM too atleast).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

I too took ages climbing up the templae walls trying to enter it from one of the windows at the top, but it was not to be :(
Incidentally I think this area could do with improving when you're with the Llamas; the only entrance to the goat temple is through the front door but it's guarded by 2 Goats, there's no alternative entrance and it's impossible to sneak past them (seriously, I tried everything but couldn't do it). Then when you do finally enter, you're plunged straight into a room with 3 Goats - one about 5 feet away from you, looking straight at you. I had to be pretty quick to turn around, open the door and duck behind it. Luckily though these guards don't sound the alarm, unlike the ones outside.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:@ DDL: Unfortunately, it seems Targeting gives a blank screen for most people (me and my friend who plays TNM too atleast).
The solution to this problem is in the Troubleshooting section of the manual.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
flop_gorkum
Mole Person

Post by flop_gorkum »

I just love this mod!
Jonas wrote:Too much ammo? Try raising the item difficulty setting the next time :)
Anyways, I had way to many grenades and ammo aswell and I played it on the most difficult level. Non-lethal tho, so mostly just used stun gloves.

I do got a question about raving, why can't you buy ammo there? first time I went there I wanted to waste all my money on 3.006 sniper bullets (I took zeropresence sniper at Sol bar version 1.0.0) and I couldnt :( but when I was at ABI I found a device where I could buy ammo. I guess it's to easy if you can buy at ravings tho.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

flop_gorkum wrote:Anyways, I had way to many grenades and ammo aswell and I played it on the most difficult level. Non-lethal tho, so mostly just used stun gloves.
Uh sorry to be Captain Obvious here, but it's not really a surprise that you have too many grenades and ammo if you never use grenades or ammo. Strictly speaking, if you never use it, anything more than "nothing" will be too much.
I do got a question about raving, why can't you buy ammo there?
You can. Use the vending machines.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
flop_gorkum
Mole Person

Post by flop_gorkum »

I did use grenades tho, but never ran short. lots of gas grenades/gas mask combo's.Also I used the laser pistol never ran short aswell.

edit.
OMFG how could I miss those vending machine's LOL! I guess bob the builder made me think it was nothing :)
seimalau
Thug

Post by seimalau »

Anyone found the daikatana? I thought it was funny and clever little thing.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I've not yet found that one, actually. If someone could point me to it, that'd be swell.

My inventory is comprised of all unique weapons, ao's gun, (now that i know how without killing ao) kylie's gun, emp pistol, 45's, zp's gun, dts, lam/emp nades, and i even pick up Ronin's weapon just so i kill some space and don't have to pick up those blasted regular pistols and stuff anymore. I fit all of this most proudly in a legit inventory allotment, I haven't had to use that inventory glitch. I even recently finished a playthrough without having to use the multitool/lockpick timer glitch. I"m still working on breaking that habit though.

On the topic of stashes, though, i only really found one i think in the space station in the security room with that huge machine that's surrounded by fog with a spider bot in it, i got past this small tunnel with electrisity, and i got into this crawlspace. Eventually i ended up in these two weird rooms with green transparent wavy floor thigns with a wall in each with strengths. So, i broke 'em open and got sweet stuff out of both of 'em.

Kudos on the mod devs.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost