Stun prod free game?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

TheD
Mole Person

Stun prod free game?

Post by TheD »

I've just got the mission at PDXEditing. A stun prod would be real helpful, 'cause it's an objective to not kill anyone, but as of yet I still haven't found one. The corresponding shelf, at the weapons shop, is empty an can be opened without paying.

Is this intentional and/or me being dumb? 8-[
Thug

Re: Stun prod free game?

Post by 970261 »

TheD wrote:I've just got the mission at PDXEditing. A stun prod would be real helpful, 'cause it's an objective to not kill anyone, but as of yet I still haven't found one. The corresponding shelf, at the weapons shop, is empty an can be opened without paying.

Is this intentional and/or me being dumb? 8-[
dunno about the weapon shop prob, but the stun prod is in Phasmatis's apartment. It's in the closet of the 4th floor hallway inside a cardboard box.
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

There's also one in the bottom level of the comic shop.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yes, but both of those are before DXI. I suspect the weapon shop one is sold while you go to DXI (I'm not home right now so I can't check whether it's there before DXI). I guess it would be a good idea to place a stun prod somewhere in the post-DXI part of the game. There may of course be one already that I just don't remember.

Another solution is to get the stun gloves if you have enough skillpoints to upgrade your Weapon: Fists skill to use it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
deachem
Thug

Post by deachem »

Jonas wrote:Another solution is to get the stun gloves if you have enough skillpoints to upgrade your Weapon: Fists skill to use it.
These are so freakin' fun. Works on almost everybody, too.
Thug

Post by 970261 »

just had only one prob....i used my stun gloves (threw away prod to make room), and used them to stun ZP both times.

and yet in the ending it says he's dead.....a little depressing.
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、 ゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ
Blade sword
NSF

Post by Blade sword »

I've invested points to that skill just for the gloves because they act well :), also the baton and the minicrossbow can do a good job, but the baton isn't good enough and needs a "back strike" instead of the other weapons.
the pepper gun could help also we can buy weapons at the weapon shop.

An other thing that could work it's using a lethal weapon to make the enemy so weak that he would run away, and after we use a non lethal weapon to finish him, it can be the baton or the hands for the finish. it works but we need to be a bit alone with our enemy and act quickly
TheD
Mole Person

Post by TheD »

Hm... the stun gloves helped, after I found them. Thanks for the tip. If with "comic store" is the bookstore, downtown, I cant find a prod there. Also I can't enter Phas' apartment building, at this point in the game. So still no prod for me.

Another question: Is it right that the goal doesn't update immediately, once I left DXEditing? I'm out now, but it still says, that to defiltrate myself. Also one of the firewalls, guarding the DXI main entrance, is hostile.

I know, a lot of questions, but the gameflow fells somewhat buggy, a.t.m..
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Yes, it's not a comic store god dammit! It's a book store.
TheD
Mole Person

Post by TheD »

Now I feel dumb. :-^

Most things seem clear now. I was to stupid to find Wolfie again. The hostile firewall seems to be a collateral of being caught in a firefight between Firewalls and Scara's goons (although I didn't fire a single shot).

Only stun prods still seems extinct. ;)
deachem
Thug

Post by deachem »

970261 wrote:just had only one prob....i used my stun gloves (threw away prod to make room), and used them to stun ZP both times.

and yet in the ending it says he's dead.....a little depressing.
Weird, I did the same thing and got a different blurb about him in the denouement. Did you use any gas grenades around his body, or put him in a doorway after knocking him out?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Stun prods: I've added one back to the post-DXI weapon shop for patch 1.0.2. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

ZeroPresence: The carcass damage code seems slightly unstable in 1.0.1 and 1.0.0, and as deachem mentioned, it's likely that he was killed by indirect damage after you knocked him out. DDL has tweaked our carcii for 1.0.2, so hopefully unconscious people will be less likely to die on their own initiative after the next patch.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

I just found one in the weapon shop locker room on Day 2. Still better to have more options I guess.
kdawg88
MJ12

Post by kdawg88 »

Stun gloves are awesome, and saves u inventory space!